Bungie apparently has over 1500 employees now, grew their employee count by 28% last year.

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

Estimated Revenue & Valuation​

• Bungie's estimated annual revenue is currently $470.8M per year.(i)
  • Bungie's estimated revenue per employee is $303,377

Employee Data​

• Bungie has 1552 Employees.(i)
  • Bungie grew their employee count by 28% last year.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Great news.

If you can’t buy a huge publisher try making one.

Nothing stopping Bungie becoming an Activision, Blizzard or at a minimum something like Riot Games.
If Marathon and their next mobile game are big then they are like Riot already. You can add movies and TV shows too.

• Shake
Reactions: Muddasar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
1500+ employees for a boring crappy live service game ? I really hope Marathon is good.
Yes, thats what takes. Activision have like 4k-5k people working on CoD franchise.

If you want to do well supported GaaS game, you need at least 1k-1.5k people. It is no joke and massive commitment.

I am just laughing at Playstation while they trying to do those. All will fail, even efficient Naughty Dogs haltered all development of Factions.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, thats what takes. Activision have like 4k-5k people working on CoD franchise.

If you want to do well supported GaaS game, you need at least 1k-1.5k people. It is no joke and massive commitment.

I am just laughing at Playstation while they trying to do those. All will fail, even efficient Naughty Dogs haltered all development of Factions.
No one said naughty dog halted dev on factions though?

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
That's huge although with Destiny 2 (and presumably the work being done for Destiny 3), Marathon and the mobile title this seems about right. Bungie could go down as one of Sony's best ever buys