Bungie teases Lightfall, reveal 8/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is 3 months earlier than expected because we are only in the second season. The next season also begins on 8/24 and should also be revealed here. Teaser itself contains no new footage just clips from the endings of both shadowkeep and witch queen.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Yes Yes Yes GIF by StickerGiant

• fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Same.

Also what's up with all these games loving "fall" in their name? Godfall, RedFall, now Lightfall? At least the last one's new content for a game already out, but still.

Why not call it Lightrise?
Becuase they introducing 2 new dark sub classes I assume. And it’s the last expasion before the real last one sure it won’t end well.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I skipped Witch Queen but will most probably return for Lightfall, being the end and all.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
I skipped Witch Queen but will most probably return for Lightfall, being the end and all.
Witch queen is very good. Light fall is not the end, final shape is last dlc (in this story line at least).

Prob should play witch queen since last 3 stories are all closely connected

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Same.

Also what's up with all these games loving "fall" in their name? Godfall, RedFall, now Lightfall? At least the last one's new content for a game already out, but still.

Why not call it Lightrise?
I remember Materfall too.

In branding as I remember (and for many other things) it was a best practice of using word of two of maximum aprox. 7 characters and 3 syllabes and using words that people may remember. It's good if its somewhat related to or describes the product. But also with some change like changing a letter or merging two words to improve SEO.

There's also words that work specially well or that are used by other successful titles (not only in games, but in everything like movies, comics, books, tv shows...) so also helps with SEO to show your product in searches when people are searching the other one, but it's dangerous because can overshadow yours.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I remember Materfall too.

In branding as I remember (and for many other things) it was a best practice of using word of two of maximum aprox. 7 characters and 3 syllabes and using words that people may remember. It's good if its somewhat related to or describes the product. But also with some change like changing a letter or merging two words to improve SEO.

There's also words that work specially well or that are used by other successful titles (not only in games, but in everything like movies, comics, books, tv shows...) so also helps with SEO to show your product in searches when people are searching the other one, but it's dangerous because can overshadow yours.

Titanfall too.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
In this case Lightfall is a play on destiny’s own use of Nightfall…. And that we probably see everything destroyed in this one. We def get whooped.

Only mystery is if they’re introducing the new enemy races. Maybe, maybe not… the art exists and is just on the back burner. Might be for after Final Shape in 2024/2025.

One new darkness subclass is guaranteed at minimum aside from what you would usually expect.

In regards to leaks… there are none yet for Lightfall… only that the return of the d1 tower and in-game endgame matchmaking will be a thing this summer unless plans changed. Those were old leaks, they move forward or push back certain things plenty.

Last edited:

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
My beef with gaas, I feel like I missed so many stuff already that is hard to get excited

Game is a mess for new players or lapsed players for sure. I can't see how anyone can miss a season let alone an expansion and still figure out wtf is going on.

They should have ended D2 with shadow keep and started D3 with Beyond light.

Reactions: SLB1904
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
They’re not going to address new player onboarding anytime soon I think.

While Luke Smith isn’t director anymore he is one of the producers for the IP moving forward. He indicated that they do not expect huge player expansion until AFTER Final Shape, which is the expansion after next that’s supposed to wrap up the first “saga” in the game. So two years away…

There’s two ways to do it if you ask me. To either create a brand new beginner campaign that enters new f2p players into the player timeline at that moment. Especially since f2p players don’t have access to squat since they vaulted Red War.

Or

“Director’s cut” remake D1 and the Activision years of D2.

Remaking the old games is too big of a project so I’d rather see a starter campaign that births new players into the world in some conflict both new and old players can entertain for a bit.

However, it’s not like they haven’t been brining the best parts of D1 into D2, from weapons, to pvp maps, to raids… King’s Fall raid returns next season (one classic is returning for a fact even tho we don’t know which one but it’s definitely King’s Fall from Taken King) .

I’m not against vaulting content. Literally deleting old assets and replacing them with newer ones is necessary to keep it competitive. I’d kinda want to lean on it more. There’s a clear distinction between older and newer environments in the game; from improved lighting and effects to straight up better art. Game needs a texture pack tho. It’s sorta Frankenstein’s monster.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Shows how strong Destiny 2 numbers are... really incredible.

A total 40 million playerbase too.

I actually don’t trust this website.

Game did big numbers for witch queen. 1.5 daily logins. New seasons hover around 1.3 at launch. Low end is 700 - 600k. This season is a bit weak and front loaded too.

I trust these numbers a bit more

About 878k players in PvE yesterday. 614k in pvp.

Do not underestimate D2 pvp. It still carries on.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Shows how strong Destiny 2 numbers are... really incredible.

A total 40 million playerbase too.
That site looks like it's pulling numbers out of its ass.

It has Roblox at 250k daily players. The real number is 50ish million. So they missed by 200x lmao

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That site looks like it's pulling numbers out of its ass.

It has Roblox at 250k daily players. The real number is 50ish million. So they missed by 200x lmao

Yeah, as @Vertigo said Destinytracker is probably way more accurate and was actually the site I used to use actually.

I just got that RPG one from another forum unwisely.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yeah, as @Vertigo said Destinytracker is probably way more accurate and was actually the site I used to use actually.

I just got that RPG one from another forum unwisely.

I’ve seen people use it before where destiny’s daily has been virtually unchanged from 700k even on expansion drop where we can see yesterday in just pve alone it was over 800k.

I don’t trust it at all. It’s like those websites that try to estimate sales from 500 users who registered their data and they extrapolate fake numbers from there. So yea, I stick to destinytracker…

From there use warmind.io to find playerbase split. For instance right now over the last 3 hours, it’s 40% Steam, 35% ps and 25% Xbox. Not sure if Windows store is included in pc or Xbox… I’m actually leaning Xbox or not at all. And yes it matters, it’s beating halo there too.

I think you can actually trust both tracker and warmind websites since Bungie allows us to dig into their api data.

PlayStation is actually its biggest playerbase as those numbers flip with pc depending on peak hours and coasts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.