Business Segment Meeting 2024

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I don't think it did. But the price is holding it back. I'm definitely not buying it at $70. I know it's on sale now for $50 which I may just bite at.

But they can still push the game, they are just doing a terrible job this generation with price promos. They have to ease people into it, can't pull a Nintendo overnight..

No offence to KT but most people don't buy their games until it gets a deep discount (I'm saying this as a fan of their warriors games).

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
How is MLB not on steam but on Xbox…. 😑

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
I don't think it did. But the price is holding it back. I'm definitely not buying it at $70. I know it's on sale now for $50 which I may just bite at.

But they can still push the game, they are just doing a terrible job this generation with price promos. They have to ease people into it, can't pull a Nintendo overnight..
Honestly, it's worth it. The gameplay is outstanding, just wish it was more polished

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Honestly, it's worth it. The gameplay is outstanding, just wish it was more polished
Yeah I've heard good things, I was just waiting for a good price as I definitely didn't think it was worth $70

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Your fault if you believed him

His very shrewd and manipulative, at one point he claimed Call of duty was first party since Sony published the japanese versions.

I've put him on ignore now the forum is brtter without his chatgpt word salads

• fire
Reactions: arvfab

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
With PlayStation in such dire financial stress as presented today, was Helldivers 2 announced for Xbox? As professed by such trusted insiders lately?

We all know Xbox is synonymous with high unit sales.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Is Bungie part of PlayStation Studios? Some images from this presentation suggest so

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Is Bungie part of PlayStation Studios? Some images from this presentation suggest so

This was not a PlayStation Studios presentation, it was an Sony group presentation showcasing SIE as the Games and Network segment.

So no Bungie is not part of PS Studios.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

Because Tony Vinciquerra is an old media guy who has a narrow view of where media is going and as is typical sony is short sighted and small visioned.

It'll be great selling to Amazon, Netflix, HBO, Disney, and Peacock for the next 10 years, but in 15-20 years, they'll all have substantially cut down on external costs and moved to create and prioritize their own content.

Meanwhile, Sony will be left holding the bag on diminished film and tv studios and while the IP may diminish in value as a result of the times.

P+ has 71 million subscribers and fueled by Sony content could easily rise to be one of the top 3 streamers in the long run and compete directly with Netflix and Amazon.

Sony's positioning themselves to be bought out at this point. Always the small fish.