Call Of Duty active users by platform

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That makes no difference when it comes to online games when they blow out player engagement of single player games as they are designed to. That doesn’t mean those Japanese games or exclusives are in place of those major online games… they are not.

There are no sales metrics for Xbox games anymore. Saying “sales” vs Xbox exclusives isn’t even a valid statement when they’re selling gamespass rental fees and not a singular piece of software. Gamepass killed software sales for Xbox and third parties. It’s a disaster for many reasons.
Sony is also selling PS+, not that far behind in the higher tiers and way ahead in total.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I honestly thought PlayStation had a much higher share.

Is it just the paid / premium game that PS has the higher share on?

I assume it is Warzone that has pushed the PC share up....

Reactions: Vertigo

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
pc/mobile taking the cake yet again. i truly only use my console for exclusives at this point. and even that is going away with Sony's GaaS first party.
Except most of PS’s 1st party games won’t be GAAS. Another horrible take from you miss/mr Nikki Minaj Avatar. Lol

Reactions: Vertigo

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
glad you're a fan petekilla, ignore list you go. "lol"

Sad how Playstation is more reliant on COD as a business than Activision is on them. Horrible business move.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This proves why mobile is the future, and why Microsoft wants Activision part of their mobile plan for revenue. Consoles are definitely not the future, so who knows if they're still be around 10 years or so from now.

Based on this logic playstation looks dead too, so your point?
You are the future troll

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Is it just me or are these numbers the opposite of what we were expecting? Yeah, yeah, PS is beating Xbox. But its losing to PC? And all three combined are losing to mobile? WHAT!?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Is it just me or are these numbers the opposite of what we were expecting? Yeah, yeah, PS is beating Xbox. But its losing to PC? And all three combined are losing to mobile? WHAT!?
mobile was expected because i'm pretty sure the mobile market is bigger than pc and console combined. I wasn't expecting Playstation to be below PC though. Kinda shows these platforms holders like MS and Sony not viewing PC as a threat is idiotic.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Warzone (f2p).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
COD mobile is a totally different game so I don't think it should count in those stats. It's not even made by Activision, it's a chinese game.

When we talk about COD we're talking about the mainline yearly games. Those stats are like everything together and makes no sense.

Today it's a holiday in USA and there's only 70,7k playing Modern Warfare on Steam. No idea where these millions are coming from. Battlenet for COD was always small.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Warzone is the main factor but retail COD releases also sell very well on PC, now that they are on steam. Activision was just leaving money on the table to propel their idiotic launcher, same as EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
COD mobile is a totally different game so I don't think it should count in those stats. It's not even made by Activision, it's a chinese game.

When we talk about COD we're talking about the mainline yearly games. Those stats are like everything together and makes no sense.

Today it's a holiday in USA and there's only 70,7k playing Modern Warfare on Steam. No idea where these millions are coming from. Battlenet for COD was always small.

Activision Bethesda have their own battle.net for pc games. This indicates that a sizable portion of the pc CoD playerbase is still there.