Capcom says it will decline an offer even if Microsoft makes an acquisition proposal

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Good

full.png

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Fixed.

Just because you enjoy Xbox doesn't make you a cunt. However what those two do grants them title of cunt.
I remember arguing with Gremlinz years ago back when I was on era when he was spreading FUD about the PS5's specs before it launched. The fact that he's still around shows that forum has been playing favorites towards Xbox fanboys for a long time.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Makes sense, it's the expected reply. Capcom is performing better than ever. It wouldn't make sense to sell now, and less to the last console maker that can't offer anything. And well, Capcom is a familiar company so pretty likely

Even if they would want to sell, Nintendo or Sony would be more appealing to them, specially being Japanese. But they don't want or need to sell.

Capcom has been doing really well recently, there is absolutely no reason it would want a buyout.
True, in fact they performed recently better than ever.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Capcom’s president also stated that PC is their main platform. I'll be surprised if that’s the highest revenue source of the company, given that those folks don’t buy full price and love piracy.

This is not true. At least, without proper context; the PC statement was made during the early phase of the pandemic, and one could say it's their main platform for growth. However, that does not translate to being their breadwinner platform. That would still, quite easily, be PlayStation, with Nintendo a close second.

All one need do is just look at their actual fiscal results; I believe PC brings in more than Xbox, that is for sure. But it definitely still trails PlayStation. In terms of potential growth opportunity though, considering the recency of their efforts on the platform? Yeah, I can see PC being their main growth platform for some time.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
This is not true. At least, without proper context; the PC statement was made during the early phase of the pandemic, and one could say it's their main platform for growth. However, that does not translate to being their breadwinner platform. That would still, quite easily, be PlayStation, with Nintendo a close second.

All one need do is just look at their actual fiscal results; I believe PC brings in more than Xbox, that is for sure. But it definitely still trails PlayStation. In terms of potential growth opportunity though, considering the recency of their efforts on the platform? Yeah, I can see PC being their main growth platform for some time.
Pc probably brings more revenue in for old games that are on sale for £15

Snake29

21 Jun 2022
Resetera just wants PlayStation to have less and to be punished for being "unfair" to Xbox last gen. Biggest thing I've noticed this gen is how often people blame PlayStation whenever something goes wrong for Xbox.

Victim complex. It’s shows that Xbox is incapable but they can’t see that cause they still living in Phils fantasy world, like their fanboys. But they never learn after multiple disappointments.

They are salty af because MS isn’t capable to beat Sony with games. Everytime a game drops on PS, they cry. Always screaming that PS is blocking games, but the only IP they mentioning is FF lol. Compare that to what MS is now blocking with all their acquisitions, but they don’t want to hear that. Same as the ABK deal, it’s the most boring acquisition for gamers. They have nothing worthwhile for console gamers then CoD. People who play CoD every year are happy enough to buy the game.

All these Japanse dev studios and publishers would be a complete cringe acquisition for Xbox. They have no history with them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Capcom have said before they never want to sell.
I hope Sega and other keep the same energy

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I have found one of the banned user on Twitter.

Supporting more Xbox lmao. There a games which never released on Xbox and are PS and Switch only. Man I swear Xbots are special breed.

What games are actually exclusive from Capcom for any platform? They are pretty much multiplatform since SF5?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Dragon‘s Crown, most Onimusha games and some Monster Hunter are PlayStation only to this day. Nintendo has some exclusive MH + Stories exclusive.

Xbox has none 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah yes, in the past there was loads. I meant this gen.

The comment on twitter about Capcom being more Xbox and Nintendo is retarded lol