Capcom started adding DRM Enigma Protector to their back catalog of games (prevents modding, cheating and reeduces FPS)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Apparently Capcom is patching their old catalogue of games to use their awful "Enigma" DRM.

According to Steam users and forums, Capcom started adding DRM Enigma Protector to their back catalog of games. This prevents modding, Cheat engine, and Reduces performance by up to 10-15 fps -Stutters.

GDfAzGMWYAAdJ8x

GbM9wj.png

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I honestly have no idea why people here are cheering this on just so they can stick it to PC players.

DRM is never OK and will only harm legitimate players. Pirates find ways around this fast and remove it, leaving paying customers to deal with it.
It’s because so many PC gamers are monumental assholes.

Go ahead and play games on PC, but drop the superiority complex, preaching and general idiocy, and maybe everyone will stop cheering for bad things to happen to you.

(Directed to the PC Hanster Race, not necessarily to the poster I am replying to)

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I honestly have no idea why people here are cheering this on just so they can stick it to PC players.

DRM is never OK and will only harm legitimate players. Pirates find ways around this fast and remove it, leaving paying customers to deal with it.
DRM is plenty OK, when the alternative is you paying for the game that other get to play for free.

PS5 has DRM, most Steam games have DRM.

PC players get mad when DRM works, I wonder why... 🏴‍☠️

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Why should console gamers care? Pc gamers cost devs billions a year. If they didn’t engage in rampant theft publishers wouldn’t have to take drastic steps.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
DRM that kills the framerate is not "working".
PC players say that about any DRM that isn't easy to crack. How do they know if it's the DRM that is introducing the stutters when plenty of games have stutter without DRM?

It's all too convenient.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
pc focus isn't a trustworthy source, he's a braindead Xbox fanboy that became a PCMR douche and lies about literally everything. I doubt its 10-15fps reduction...

Capcom should've done this a long time ago, most of the mods are disrespectful and tasteless

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
pc focus isn't a trustworthy source, he's a braindead Xbox fanboy that became a PCMR douche and lies about literally everything. I doubt its 10-15fps reduction...

Capcom should've done this a long time ago, most of the mods are disrespectful and tasteless

👀

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

I have the feeling it was because of this

Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Wasn't there a Judgment actor that for a long time stopped the game from releasing on PC?

Imagine what is going to happen when TLoU Part 2 gets released on PC...

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Their source is a steam community link

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I have the feeling it was because of this

that was so cringe, coomers need to be arrested.
Their source is a steam community link
Yep that dude is one of the biggest losers on twitter, runs with everything thats anti Sony and pro piracy. He was also spreading all of the insomniac leaks and footage, no idea how his account still hasn't been banned.
Wasn't there a Judgment actor that for a long time stopped the game from releasing on PC?

Imagine what is going to happen when TLoU Part 2 gets released on PC...
Yep, Yagamis actor, Takuya Kimura, had a talent agency with a strict likeness policy. They didn't want him on PC because mods could affect his image. That's why the pc port took so long, eventually it released though so I guess they gave up or compromised.