Capcom started adding DRM Enigma Protector to their back catalog of games (prevents modding, cheating and reeduces FPS)

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023
Isn't RE Revelations a single player game? Why prevent Cheat Engine use on it? Super lame.
Capcom has been one of the worst when it comes to viewing people doing anything that Capcom doesn’t want them to do with the game as ‘wrong’

I don’t know why anyone would be cheering this, DRM being added to old games that prevents modding & even causes performance problems is just going to encourage piracy not prevent it

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It’s because so many PC gamers are monumental assholes.

Go ahead and play games on PC, but drop the superiority complex, preaching and general idiocy, and maybe everyone will stop cheering for bad things to happen to you.

(Directed to the PC Hanster Race, not necessarily to the poster I am replying to)
So many, not all, i never was like that when i gamed on PC.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Capcom has been one of the worst when it comes to viewing people doing anything that Capcom doesn’t want them to do with the game as ‘wrong’

I don’t know why anyone would be cheering this, DRM being added to old games that prevents modding & even causes performance problems is just going to encourage piracy not prevent it
If this DRM is as effective as Denuvo, it’s not going to boost piracy, and modders need to realize they’d just be better off making their own games than relying on loopholes in other people’s products.

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023
If this DRM is as effective as Denuvo, it’s not going to boost piracy, and modders need to realize they’d just be better off making their own games than relying on loopholes in other people’s products.
what part of retroactively adding the DRM are you not understanding? these are not new releases, they’ve already been cracked & pirated, they’re literally just punishing people who bought the games legitimately by making them run WORSE after the fact

edit: not to mention the fact it’s just going to make people who bought their games not want to pick them up going forward, just because you don’t care for mods doesn’t make this a good thing 🙄 it’d be like PC gamers cheering if Xbox’s always-online DRM ideas came back but only for console gamers…

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
DRM is plenty OK, when the alternative is you paying for the game that other get to play for free.

PS5 has DRM, most Steam games have DRM.

PC players get mad when DRM works, I wonder why... 🏴‍☠️
Imagine thinking pc gamers are as cucked as console gamers.

If I have a choice of a superior version of a product or an inferior version, guess which one I'm going to get?

If the best version happens to be free, so be it.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
what part of retroactively adding the DRM are you not understanding? these are not new releases, they’ve already been cracked & pirated, they’re literally just punishing people who bought the games legitimately by making them run WORSE after the fact

edit: not to mention the fact it’s just going to make people who bought their games not want to pick them up going forward, just because you don’t care for mods doesn’t make this a good thing 🙄 it’d be like PC gamers cheering if Xbox’s always-online DRM ideas came back but only for console gamers…
I’ve said it before, but fuck PC gamers.

PC gamers not buying Capcom games will just put their focus back where it belongs, on consoles.

And modders tend to be entitled, whiny pricks if the actual creators of a game don’t make it wide open for them to fuck with, so they can choke on it.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
PC players say that about any DRM that isn't easy to crack. How do they know if it's the DRM that is introducing the stutters when plenty of games have stutter without DRM?

It's all too convenient.
Then the filthy pirates end up enjoying better performance than the paying customers, sure. How convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnic

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Imagine thinking pc gamers are as cucked as console gamers.

If I have a choice of a superior version of a product or an inferior version, guess which one I'm going to get?

If the best version happens to be free, so be it.
With all the pissing and moaning from PC gamers about all the problems with gaming on PC, console is clearly the superior option, and always will be.

Funny how anyone who calls themselves the “Master Race” always turn out to be fuckups.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
With all the pissing and moaning from PC gamers about all the problems with gaming on PC, console is clearly the superior option, and always will be.
It used to be the superior option. This gen, PC is the best option and looks that way from here on out.

• haha
Reactions: Umar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It used to be the superior option. This gen, PC is the best option and looks that way from here on out.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

PC gamers not buying Capcom games will just put their focus back where it belongs, on consoles.

And modders tend to be entitled, whiny pricks if the actual creators of a game don’t make it wide open for them to fuck with, so they can choke on it.
Mods are a boon to games. GTA 5, Sims 4, Skyrim, Fallout, Mount and Blade bannerlord, Crusaders Kings 3, Minecraft, Star Dew Valley etc. Mods are incredible and can add greatly to games. Capcom said their all in for pc.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Isn't RE Revelations a single player game? Why prevent Cheat Engine use on it? Super lame.

This, i was going to buy Dragon's Dogma Deluxe but now im not so sure, they really want to justify piracy.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Sure is. How's that GTA 6 looking?

Are these the new xbox fanboys now switching to PC even though they don;t play there?
GTA 6 is getting a delayed pc release. The best place to play games will always be pc. In terms of tech and performance. Consoles can only do so much. They're budget devices.

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023

you realize a large part of Capcom’s resurgence over the past ~8 years is due to PC right?

if PC craters and you get your wish, we’re not going to see nearly as many games from Capcom, do you really think something like Dragon’s Dogma 2 happens without the boost they’ve gotten from PC sales? 🤨 instead they’ll likely slim down & focus just on their biggest titles like Resident Evil/Monster World and we’ll no longer see things like the Ghost Trick remake, the Ace Attorney games, etc.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

you realize a large part of Capcom’s resurgence over the past ~8 years is due to PC right?

if PC craters and you get your wish, we’re not going to see nearly as many games from Capcom, do you really think something like Dragon’s Dogma 2 happens without the boost they’ve gotten from PC sales? 🤨 instead they’ll likely slim down & focus just on their biggest titles like Resident Evil/Monster World and we’ll no longer see things like the Ghost Trick remake, the Ace Attorney games, etc.

And how many of those sales were at full price?

PC gamers never seem to want to address that particular issue.