Capcom started adding DRM Enigma Protector to their back catalog of games (prevents modding, cheating and reeduces FPS)

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
you realize a large part of Capcom’s resurgence over the past ~8 years is due to PC right?

if PC craters and you get your wish, we’re not going to see nearly as many games from Capcom, do you really think something like Dragon’s Dogma 2 happens without the boost they’ve gotten from PC sales? 🤨 instead they’ll likely slim down & focus just on their biggest titles like Resident Evil/Monster World and we’ll no longer see things like the Ghost Trick remake, the Ace Attorney games, etc.

thats cap, almost every Capcom game sale break down is > 50% Playstation and then like 35% pc and 15% Xbox. And when you factor in day 1 purchases, it's not even close

The 50% is from one quarter.... where they finally got a late port and a bunch of games were discounted....

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
Review Bombing Started

Q8iTq6r.png

In which game?

Arc

5 Sep 2023
thats cap,
So much Cap they literally named the company after it as a warning.

On the subject, I love Capcom, but I’d suspect I’d love them a lot less if I were a PC gamer. Seems like they’re always messing with some kind of performance harming solution in this way. Village on launch and for a few months, I think, was atrocious.

I can understand the need to protect the product, but when you’ve made the product bad in doing so, it should be obvious you’re driving gamers to piracy. Indeed, that was the best way to play Village on PC for a while. Not smart if Capcom wants to keep those big PC game sales.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
If companies keep doing this, banning mods, that takes out a lot of allure for me towards a Rog Ally/GPD win 4.

I'll just get a PS Portal.