Character Development

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
most projects that focuses on story have characters that starts with certain goals, then their goals would change throughout the playthrough till the end.

example
Reckless >>> serious.
Weak >>> strong.
Evil >>> good.
(What I mean is their personality development, not necessarily their physical strength).

The change might be sudden or immediate or gradually. The development could be in the middle or near the end.

The development could also make no sense, or sometimes the writers would fail to deliver the reasons.

The thread idea is
-a character that developed noticeably.
-reasons of the change.
-do you prefer the before or after?

Hide it in spoilers yall

Metal gear solid

f1ce223c31a13e21e47bdf3e990d7571.jpg

Since the end of the third game, after killing the boss he changed in a sad way and became cold and cruel. Of course phantom pain doesn't count 🙃

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
images

1. From a pussy to not a pussy.
2. He mans up and realizes that her wife was being a fucking monster.
3. Oh much better.

Reactions: Oogabooga

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
images

1. Sex symbol to an actual well-rounded character. (Only 1-2)
2. As a teenager your are horny af. And these devs fuckers used the feminine body to tantalized our young and pure minds. It was making the rounds in the school yard that the second one had a "shower scene". Of course I didn't play the game for that. I played it because it had Square-Soft in the cover. (Use to meant quality, you know).
When I played the game (even back then) I was impressed this character wasn't just a walking sex symbol.
She kind of has issues having a relationship with dudes and there are undertones about pregnancy of something like that.
3. Hell yeah. Too bad Square Enix is shit and made this character your average soulless anime shit character.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
images

1. I am just a naive princess to I am going to reclaim what is mine.
2. Her stepmother I think, was a fucking bitch, then Garnet cuts her hair. (When a woman cuts her hair you know you fucked up).
3. She ain't making sandwiches to no one.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
images

1. Sex symbol to an actual well-rounded character. (Only 1-2)
2. As a teenager your are horny af. And these devs fuckers used the feminine body to tantalized our young and pure minds. It was making the rounds in the school yard that the second one had a "shower scene". Of course I didn't play the game for that. I played it because it had Square-Soft in the cover. (Use to meant quality, you know).
When I played the game (even back then) I was impressed this character wasn't just a walking sex symbol.
She kind of has issues having a relationship with dudes and there are undertones about pregnancy of something like that.
3. Hell yeah. Too bad Square Enix is shit and made this character your average soulless anime shit character.
Isn't this parasite eve or something...? I have always been tempted to try it, but never did. I get busy playing other games and eventually I keep forgetting about it.