Chinese media: 'Black Myth: Wukong' refused to be extorted $7 million by SweetBaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
This story is fake, there are no consultant companies in China and this isnt how they operate, that would be straight up extortion.

I don't know whether it is true or not. But Sweet Baby Inc CEO did admit that how they work.

They label these developers as problematic and trigger journalists and leftist groups to attack and boycott like it was done with Stellar Blade, they don't try to extort for money, that would be incredible dumb.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This story is fake, there are no consultant companies in China and this isnt how they operate, that would be straight up extortion.

They label these developers as problematic and trigger journalists and leftist groups to attack the game like it was done with Stellar Blade, they don't try to extort for money, that would be incredible dumb.
👆

Exactly… there is no way to buy that story like it is told… something i really off.

But hey I was already called out anti-China here 😂😂😂

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
👆

Exactly… there is no way to buy that story like it is told… something i really off.

That guy just forgot his meds. I'm apparently on some sort of list now.

Reactions: ethomaz

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
👆

China is a heavily monitored and also a communist country with a completely different culture from America. Even if Sweet Baby was a trillion dollar company they would have a really hard time trying to operate in China due to strict censorship laws, Chinese governement is heavily protective of their cultural heritage and a western company trying to change that would be a big no-no.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I understand mandarin, and the translation is correct.

However, i don't know who the person who posted it is and what their source is (sounds kind of fabricated tbh)

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

They label these developers as problematic and trigger journalists and leftist groups to attack and boycott like it was done with Stellar Blade, they don't try to extort for money, that would be incredible dumb.

WTF? She openly admitted to weaponizing the cancel culture mob to get money?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
WTF? She openly admitted to weaponizing the cancel culture mob to get money?
Yes, but china and most of asia doesn't really work that way. That's why i doubt this story. Ofc they may actually be targeted by "woke"/feminist groups but i doubt the extortion part by SBI - i highly doubt they would even operate in china.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Yes, but china and most of asia doesn't really work that way. That's why i doubt this story. Ofc they may actually be targeted by "woke"/feminist groups but i doubt the extortion part by SBI - i highly doubt they would even operate in china.

Agreed. Those tactics would only work on western developers. Imagine Rebirth with a very ugly Tifa.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Agreed. Those tactics would only work on western developers. Imagine Rebirth with a very ugly Tifa.
SBI actually did consult on Rebirth. You could tell immediately due to the high ratio of minority characters and LGBT presence in the background. But I found it to be respectfully done enough not to be insulting my intelligence or preachy, and easily ignored if it's not your thing.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If you think the strong can be cruel, wait till you see the weak having power
That's the problem. Very few people in history can be trusted with any kind of power and they generally get killed off by people who can't. We aren't a very nice species when all the masks are off.

Reactions: Shmunter

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Ofc this starts up after the news the Xbox version won't make it in time.

Why the fuck would an American entity have influence on a Chinese dev based in China under CCP control.
The main target of this is asians who grew up up watching journey to the west

So sweet baby inch/ hit detection can alter the original content of wukong into their own concept they like and brainwashed those demographics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.