Chris Dring: Silent Hill 2 platform splits in Europe are 78% on PS5 and 22% on PC. Sold better than Alan Wake 2 & Calisto Protocol.

2 Jun 2024
just like PS2 days with resident evil and silent Hill best place to play is on PlayStation PC players are coping that PC is carrying the industry do hope bloober team drops the PS5 pro version since pssr was found in the games code

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Interesting.
So we can estimate how much is 23k concurent top players worth on steam.
1mil sold

That's 220k on pc
780k on ps5.

So 23ccu on steam x10 is about what we can expect. I don't even count in epic store. People just claim free games there.
This is lower than lowest estimated on playtracker
i26Ur44.png

And 1 mil is a big disappointment for Konami 100%. that's quite a low number for how legendary this game was.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yeah, has to be. Despite it being niche, a game like this should have sold more. Even people who don't play horror games probably heard of this one.
My wife knows what Silent Hill is ffs.
Why didn't this sell better. It's baffling.

2 Jun 2024
Yeah, has to be. Despite it being niche, a game like this should have sold more. Even people who don't play horror games probably heard of this one.
PlayStation is honestly hard carrying the game like every other game where most of numbers are selling why Microsoft is porting their games over that's where most play base is at PlayStation 4 all over again

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
PlayStation is honestly hard carrying the game like every other game
It again and again proves that pc gamers are starting to get used to gaas and free2play games.
They don't like to pay full price for single player games.
Hell, bloober already made the game x2 longer than original and it's still not enough to convince buyers.
Imo it's ruining gaming because the game is worse for being x2 longer than original.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My wife knows what Silent Hill is ffs.
Why didn't this sell better. It's baffling.
I think if I put together all people near me including most friends only me will know what Silent Hill is.

Think like in my biggest birthday party with around 400 people only me knows about Silent Hill.

My wife knows about TLOU… mostly because the TV show… same for Resident Evil movies 😂😂😂

• thinking_hard
Reactions: rofif

MrAss

24 May 2024
Interesting.
So we can estimate how much is 23k concurent top players worth on steam.
1mil sold

That's 220k on pc
780k on ps5.

So 23ccu on steam x10 is about what we can expect. I don't even count in epic store. People just claim free games there.
This is lower than lowest estimated on playtracker
i26Ur44.png

And 1 mil is a big disappointment for Konami 100%. that's quite a low number for how legendary this game was.
Wasn't it 1 mil in the first three days?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wasn't it 1 mil in the first three days?
1 million was SHIPMENT + Digital sales on the first 3 days.
It how many units they shipped in these 3 days... not how many they sold.

Using Google Translate:

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that cumulative shipments worldwide of the psychological horror game "SILENT HILL 2" (PlayStation®5, Steam®), released on October 8, have surpassed one million copies.

*As of October 11, 2024 (based on our research)
*Total number of packaged versions shipped and download versions sold

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Using Google Translate:
But, for Konami and Bloober, it doesn't really matter whether the physical copies are sold in store. Retailers pay the publisher when the games are delivered. I.E. They're selling to the retailers.

One million units moved is one million units worth of revenue for the developers and publishers.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Callisto looked great but the combat/gameplay was bad. Alan Wake 2 should have done better even though I personally didn't like it and Remedy skipping Steam in favor of Epic on PC will never ever play out well.

Congrats though to Konami and Silent Hill 2!!
I liked Callisto significantly more than Dead Space remake 🤷‍♂️

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark

- For SH2 in Europe: 78% of sales are on PS5 and 22% on PC.

- SH2 easily outperformed Calisto Protocol and AW2, but the Dead Space remake did a little better than the SH2 remake in Europe.

- Broadly speaking, SH2 sold 1 million worldwide.

This is awesome to hear... And I hope the other SH games will get remade as well! (y)

• Heart
Reactions: DarkLordOtaku

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
This is awesome to hear... And I hope the other SH games will get remade as well! (y)
I haven't played any aside from the SH2 remake, but that peaked my interest to see what remakes of the others might be like!

For people who feel passionately about the originals, this comment is not intended as an assertion that I have no intention of playing those someday.

Reactions: YeezyDude

MrAss

24 May 2024

Using Google Translate:
Even if it's shipment the game was sold out everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: DarkLordOtaku