Cinematic & Narrative Adventure obsession taking overhand, which @Sony ultimately have to change

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Lmao....Totoki is far worse than Jim. I don't think you've been paying attention bro 😂 Just because he's Japanese doesn't automatically make him a good exec

We've never heard Jim use the term "other platforms", he's only ever said Console, PC, Mobile. But as soon as Totoki used the term "other platforms", a Switch port was announced a few months later 🤣 And do you really believe a 7 hour Lego game was in development for 4 year? 😂😂 FF7 Rebirth and Lego Horizon took the same amount of time to develop apparently 😂😂

Hiroki Totoki and Kenichiro Yoshida are a cancer to Sony

👇
Nonsense. Any game if AA or AAA needs time for development. This isn't something you throw out of your sleeve. Square Enix is a different scope than a small studio developing Lego games. Square has several teams who works simultaneously on multiple projects. Also you guys love to scrub everything on Totoki when this mess was clearly started by Jim Ryan and others. It has zero to do if he is Japanese or not. You simply look for a scapegoat. It was all stated by Shawn and your favourite man Jimbo. Fsce it, it's the bitter truth.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Half of Sony games are new IPs, and they invest in a ton of different game genres, sizes, art styels and game types, even including VR stuff. They are also expanding their IPs to other platforms and outside gaming.

I think only fanboy gaming flatearter haters can think they mostly only do narrative cinematic SP games with realistic visuals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games

Specially just after they announced Astro Bot and Lego Horizon.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Nintendo games would sell better on PlayStation than Sony own games, you guys are never able to give Nintendo any credit and are clearly bothered by their success.

Good for them if they are able to make successful games without spending too much and without focusing on graphics and production value, nothing wrong with that.

Even garbage like Palworld would sell well on PlayStation.

A game can be excellent with or without top of the line graphics but having a few games with cutting edge tech is still quite cool, just to show what they can do.

I think the main thing is to focus on making games in spaces that are not being served, games with a strong creative vision that can capture the imagination of an audience and feature gameplay that makes the gamer feel very connected with the game.

Not all of them will blow up and Nintendo had a very powerful strategy to grow their own IPs as exclusives and offering them as free pack ins initially really helped with that..... Sony don't do this much, the only recent example being Astrobot.

I don't think Nintendo would be half the company it is without their software being exclusive though. Their hardware drive their software and their software drove their hardware... It was a symbiotic relationship.

Now sony have followed the Xbox method more and more, it could lead to severing this beneficial effect for PlayStation.

They must be careful and study Nintendo more.

The market is changing.

It's almost just Nintendo, PlayStation and PC.... I don't think they'd like to see it down to just Nintendo and pc, I sure wouldn't.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nonsense. Any game if AA or AAA needs time for development. This isn't something you throw out of your sleeve. Square Enix is a different scope than a small studio developing Lego games. Square has several teams who works simultaneously on multiple projects. Also you guys love to scrub everything on Totoki when this mess was clearly started by Jim Ryan and others. It has zero to do if he is Japanese or not. You simply look for a scapegoat. It was all stated by Shawn and your favourite man Jimbo. Fsce it, it's the bitter truth.
my favourite man Jimbo? 😂😂 When have I ever said anything good about Jim? Now you're just making things up. He's better than Totoki and Hulst, but still trash. You're cheering on the guy actively killing PlayStation and turning it into Xbox 2.0

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Playstation made the name with these kind of games. why they should change that? like why Playstation is shamed for that, but if others do what they do aren't?

like nintendo switch is low tier trash games mostly, no one is shaming them. or PC that they like mainly early access garbage, survival game, rts or brainless online games. somehow no one is demanding anything from them, no one is shaming those platforms.

it is always Playstation.

by the way, i don't say that Playstation doesn't need AA games, indie games or overall variety etc...

plus, talking about Astro, who ever said that Playstation gamers doesn't appreciating that game? i never seen any Playstation gamer who said anything bad about the game, except, worst thing - too short. Plus, it sold 60M ( you see what i did there :D )
people praised it highly and really praised Playstation for given it for free. Astro on PSVR also was highly praised.

whole tweet in nonsense. with few Astro exclusives on Xbox would have sold in ball part the same as PS5? stop using crack.

this is another Psyop on Playstation gamers by these xbots.
Playstation made its name with an incredible variety of games from the outset that covered multiple genres and styles.

This focus on single player narrative driven games that are all starting to feel quite same-y is a recent thing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
my favourite man Jimbo? 😂😂 When have I ever said anything good about Jim? Now you're just making things up. He's better than Totoki and Hulst, but still trash. You're cheering on the guy actively killing PlayStation and turning it into Xbox 2.0
Jimbo selected Hulst, that was his biggest mistake.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
As I have said before, and I know you guys know, there is a concentrated effort by journalists, the media (at large) and e-tubers to get PS taken out.
They are mad that Xbox was supposed to be the new Sega, but that never panned out (or was even likely, tbh). And they are definitely mad that PS has been going back and forth with taking/losing marketshare with Nintendo, because it's Nintendo! The star-child of the industry (akin to how people don't want to see Disney hurt).

It's REALLY "strange" how what PS is good at, it's "bad, anti-consumer, killing the industry", but Xbox, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft, Valve, etc. can do whatever.
SMH.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Madness. Jim Ryan and other approving dumb decisions for years and you're blaming Totoki for it, who is only for a couple of months active as executive. You can't make this up. No the man who contributed in turning PlayStation into a weaker platform is solely Jim Ryan.