Circana July 2024: PS5 #1 (+25%), Series #2 (+48%), Switch #3 (-44%)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is the last Circana's thread, no?
Some new points from Mat.

Portal... around 3% of US users brought it.

BTW somebody with the LTD PS5 in US can do the maths ;)

Edit - ~650k Portals sold in US.
Sony dropped the ball extremely hard last holiday with the abysmal stock. I have no doubt they could have moved over a million now had they had more faith in it

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony dropped the ball extremely hard last holiday with the abysmal stock. I have no doubt they could have moved over a million now had they had more faith in it
Everybody is suffering with production to be fair.

I expect PS5 Pro to be way harder to find than PS4 Pro at launch.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
EU sales leaked on Gaf and apparently Xbox only sold 10k in Europe in the month of July 🤐. PS5 did 200k.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Portal will increase in sales if

a) they release a cloud update
b) they release an OLED model
Surely just a matter of time before the cloud update comes. But then will Sony wait for an updated Portal (OLED model) to add that..?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Surely just a matter of time before the cloud update comes. But then will Sony wait for an updated Portal (OLED model) to add that..?

I just don't really see them doing it.

Selling a remote and even cloud player for 250 when you can buy a Switch Lite for 180.... I'm surprised people even buy the Portal to begin with.

Not even worth replacing the current model with OLED at the same price because you're just going to hurt margins.

Reactions: Hezekiah

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Yes... in both... but he is more active in Bluesky.
Not sure where he will post the official NPD thread first.
I joined Bluesky after he announced he was moving there. I had never heard of Bluesky until last week. I just saw Bluesky just hit 10 million users. I will probably just not worry about Threads then, assuming Bluesky will be his go to account.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I joined Bluesky after he announced he was moving there. I had never heard of Bluesky until last week. I just saw Bluesky just hit 10 million users. I will probably just not worry about Threads then, assuming Bluesky will be his go to account.
Bluesky is recently new... created in 2022 by the Twitter's cofounder after they sold it to Elon Musk.
It is a decentralized Twitter... that means it doesn't need a main server to be running like Twitter... so there are options to each company runs it own Bluesky server.

Said that it is lacking in features... there is no trending and the media playback was added last month.
The other part is that it have a stronger algorithm to detect bots so it is probably the first thing you see in Bluesky... you don't see bots doing merchandising like Twitter.

The interface is basically old Twitter UI.

I don't use it to post things but I get a lot of info from the media there... Circana / Mat can only be found there or threads... there is no more X's account.
X is block in Brazil too for weeks already and have no sign to be unblocked... it faces same issues in EU and Asia countries too that can block it there.

In terms of UI I find Threads better... but Threads is more useful to talk and do business... as it is linked to Instagram the business you did there you can use Threads to talk.

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Bluesky is recently new... created in 2022 by the Twitter's cofounder after they sold it to Elon Musk.
It is a decentralized Twitter... that means it doesn't need a main server to be running like Twitter... so there are options to each company runs it own Bluesky server.

Said that it is lacking in features... there is no trending and the media playback was added last month.
The other part is that it have a stronger algorithm to detect bots so it is probably the first thing you see in Bluesky... you don't see bots doing merchandising like Twitter.

The interface is basically old Twitter UI.

I don't use it to post things but I get a lot of info from the media there... Circana / Mat can only be found there or threads... there is no more X's account.
X is block in Brazil too for weeks already and have no sign to be unblocked... it faces same issues in EU and Asia countries too that can block it there.

In terms of UI I find Threads better... but Threads is more useful to talk and do business... as it is linked to Instagram the business you did there you can use Threads to talk.
I tried Threads when it first launched, and the UI was nice. But it was just another feed I had to check, so I stopped using it. Thanks for the Bluesky history, I had no idea!