[Circana] June 2023 NPD, PS5 Top selling in both Unit and Dollar sales, Highest hardware sales since 2010, Diablo IV #1, FF XVI #2, SF 6 #3

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Not surprised with the thin gap between June and July... only 14 days to compile everything.
I hope it happens next week.

The subscriber release date is still earlier than the public. It still releases on the first Thursday I believe. The dumb down no actual data report we get is later on in the month.

So there is no short release window that happened and it being the reason for the delay.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Welfare needs a break, probably pulled the plug on whatever server that was supposed to provide that feed.

Too much spinning in a short space of time is not good for the health.

This is the real reason it’s delayed. Too much PlayStation domination back to back being reported so close together makes Nintendo and MS look bad.

Somebody hands were greased at Cirken-however the fuck you pronounce that shit.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It's because of Xbox shortages - there's so much demand and such lack of offer that it created a black hole in one of the retailers, sinking all the information with it. Physicists call it the Xbox Hole Information Paradox.
The part I find the most astonishing is that despite all these shortages MS is nice enough to control the resale market and people have troubles selling their used consoles at decent prices 🤷... They must have found a solution to scalping!

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The part I find the most astonishing is that despite all these shortages MS is nice enough to control the resale market and people have troubles selling their used consoles at decent prices 🤷... They must have found a solution to scalping!
They announced the end of the "shortages" in June but in the UK July was down from June (and from last year). It makes no sense.

We'll see if July NPD is different but UK is their second biggest market 🤷‍♂️

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
They announced the end of the "shortages" in June but in the UK July was down from June (and from last year). It makes no sense.

We'll see if July NPD is different but UK is their second biggest market 🤷‍♂️
Don't forget to spin it the MS way ...It is the end of the shortage not because they produced more but because the demand fell thus there's enough Xbox for everybody that want one.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I rather watch good movies and series instead of video games adaptations, to each their own. I'm not against them but they should definitely not be the focus or take precedence over nurturing those IPs with console games.
I dont think the video game budget is shared with the movies. As in, no way lol. Theres no way they say, “Either we use the money to make a game or movie.” These budgets are set separately.

It was probably an internal decision with Sony before 2020 to adapt some video game IPs to TV/Movies etc to:
A.) Generate money for TV/Movie/Sony Pictures etc and B.) If the Movie/TVseries is decent it will generate in video game sales like TLOU etc.

They probably found there video game IPs have grown in popularity in the last 10 years like God of War 2018, TLOU, Uncharted selling much more than there PS3 iterations. And hoping it crosses over like how comics books have.

There not lessing game budgets because they are making movies with the IP.

Results will vary but not damaging to the video game section.
Pretty dumb of them to not have a Twisted Metal Game ready for the series though. Or if they are making a Jak n Daxter movie, not to have a JnD game in production. Maybe they do but I wouldnt be surprised of them dumbness

Last edited: