[Circana] May 2023 Hardware and Software Sales

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
These Zelda bundles won the month.
It was expected... whatever ZOLED you put in the story it got sold out instataly... the Swith #1 was dictated by how many ZOLED Nintendo shipped.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
NSW is a crazy piece of hardware just for the fact that i can still outsell the PS5 at all while the latter is a brand new system. Sony's content drought is not working well. I wonder if they'll meet their target for the year.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
NSW is a crazy piece of hardware just for the fact that i can still outsell the PS5 at all while the latter is a brand new system. Sony's content drought is not working well. I wonder if they'll meet their target for the year.
This is the reason...

ns-loz-totk-edition-device-large-up.webp

They call them Zelda OLED aka ZOLED.
It got sold out in pre-orders already and the sales were posted in May Circana.

BTW it was $350 so helped on the revenue #1.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony really needs to reconsider their focus.... the importance of exclusives and how badly the PC ports are doing.

They also need to adjust their budgets, put much more towards single player exclusives instead of all these GAAS.

It's playing out infront of them....

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Gtfo... the Switch has had more content drought than any PlayStation ever had. Jedi Survivor, Hogwarts Legacy, Resident Evil 4, are all PlayStation games not to mention that in the following month PS5 had Street Fighter 6, Diablo 4 and FFXVI none of which released for the Switch.

Unless Sony just happened to have a game as big as Zelda releasing on the same month this is what was going to happen.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That’s what happens when you put all your games on PC. Several year old switch games are still charting while Sony throws them in a cheap subscription service and then complains about software sales 🤦‍♂️

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

when you think that it replaces both home consoles (Wii U / Gamecube) and portables (DS and all its variants), it's actually not that impressive.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Unsurprisingly, Xbox was last place again in units and revenue. Too bad they can't keep up with the massive demand according to Welfare.

when you think that it replaces both home consoles (Wii U / Gamecube) and portables (DS and all its variants), it's actually not that impressive.
It's impressive but sort of expected and not unusual if you looks at their past portable success.

All their chips are in one console now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Double-digit percentage growth in both PlayStation 5 and Switch dollar sales again offset declines on other platforms.

So it was great for PS5.
And again kills the NARRATIVE about PS5 sales being down in May :ROFLMAO: (it was near impossible but it still had a chance if Circana showed drops that offeset the gains in Europe).

Reactions: Nhomnhom

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Precisely why it's a crazy piece of hardware. You would think the novelty would wear off after 6 years but nintendo knows how to keep the sales going.

On another note, It's extremely worrying that PS5 has pretty much had a content drought for 3 years now when it comes to exclusives. Their big first party hitters were either cross gen (GoW, Horizon) or Insomniac titles, while all their other studios were asleep at the wheel. And the slate for 2024 is not looking any better. The PS5 exclusive system seller list pretty much boils down to GT7 and Spider Man 2. Demon Souls/Returnal/Ratchet while great games are not system sellers.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is the reason...

ns-loz-totk-edition-device-large-up.webp

They call them Zelda OLED aka ZOLED.
It got sold out in pre-orders already and the sales were posted in May Circana.

BTW it was $350 so helped on the revenue #1.
Someone should tell Sony Special Edition consoles use to move a lot of Playstation hardware last generation.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Precisely why it's a crazy piece of hardware. You would think the novelty would wear off after 6 years but nintendo knows how to keep the sales going.

On another note, It's extremely worrying that PS5 has pretty much had a content drought for 3 years now when it comes to exclusives. Their big first party hitters were either cross gen (GoW, Horizon) or Insomniac titles, while all their other studios were asleep at the wheel. And the slate for 2024 is not looking any better. The PS5 exclusive system seller list pretty much boils down to GT7 and Spider Man 2. Demon Souls/Returnal/Ratchet while great games are not system sellers.
The DS sold 150m+ with legit garbage hardware and the 3DS did really well too. The Switch, regardless of how weak it is, is still the best offering Nintendo has had since the GameCube days.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Stuff like Hogwarts and Jedi Survivor is selling a crazy amount on PS5, more than any exclusive could sell. They still went up triple digits compared to last year.

RIP Welfare:

steve buscemi fainting GIF

That's crazy PS5 went up over 100% from last year 😳