[Circana] May 2023 Hardware and Software Sales

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Relax, try not to work each other up....

You can agree to disagree. Present your points and be respectful. ❤️

Jim Ryan has spoken.

• thisistheway
Reactions: AngryRobotBees

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
computer throw GIF
If you did that the Internet would be slightly smarter.
A lot of them on every store even with discounts,... But phil says.. Fuck off welfare with your bullshit
. View attachment 1753
Is that the US????

Again, none of you can accept basic information. For months, Series X was constantly selling out and could not stay in stock at the the top 5 retailers where +90% of video game products are bought. That's a fucking fact, I give no shits about Spain, UK, some other random nation. US sales only, Series X was going in and out of stock constantly. I've provided that evidence. I've provided Mat Piscatella saying Series X was harder to find than PS5 back in March. I've provided everything.

It all got confirmed for the millionth time when Phil said they increased supply in JUNE. Not March, not May, June.

Any of you coming at me about irrelevant shit is just that, irrelevant. I've been consistent about what I'm talking about. The US market did not have Series X readily available until recently. None of you can understand that because of your agendas.

This is the ONLY place that refuses to accept Phil Spencer said what he said back two weeks ago. "He lied!" is what idiots do because they want to keep their heads in the sand.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Dumbass, the Series X was not available where 90% of the MARKET could buy it.

I've provided Mat Piscatella's tweet on this before. Retail is where most video games products are bought, your refusal to accept that is fucking annoying.

In March the guy tweeted Series X was harder to find than PS5, he gets sales on a weekly basis.

You think some random eBay listing or the MS store is evidence? NO ONE buys new consoles from them. Amazon is bigger than those two combined and they sell only thousands of consoles a week at best. Nationwide totals for these consoles is in the HUNDREDS of thousands.

Get over your obsession with thinking you know a thing about sales, supply, or demand. You know nothing and everything I've ever shared here is verifiable evidence Series X was in low supply up to this year.
I'm at best buy right now, all consoles are available! What a surprise!

Can't wait for the next sales numbers to be out so we can see how the ps5 got destroyed in sales!

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Ahh, we're still playing "let's pretend Xbox has a supply issue, 3 years into a console life cycle". That's what the sales are bad, guys.

This disingenuous behavior is exactly why I can't stand discussing gaming these days. Just admit you're wrong. Or that you're on the payroll.
It baffles me people are willing to paint themselves as idiots just to appease a company. You're proven wrong and you keep repeating the same old arguments with a source of "trust me, bro", against factual statements.

Have some self respect.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
I'm at best buy right now, all consoles are available! What a surprise!

Can't wait for the next sales numbers to be out so we can see how the ps5 got destroyed in sales!
WOW WHAT A SHOCK TODAY YOU CAN BUY IT

Is today before or after June 11 when Phil said they increased supply?

What a sad fate it must be to think that because I say Xbox supply improved, that means I'm saying it'll outsell PS5. Being a console fanboy really causes brain rot. It's okay, your precious PS5 will still lead sales.

Ahh, we're still playing "let's pretend Xbox has a supply issue, 3 years into a console life cycle". That's what the sales are bad, guys.

This disingenuous behavior is exactly why I can't stand discussing gaming these days. Just admit you're wrong. Or that you're on the payroll.
It baffles me people are willing to paint themselves as idiots just to appease a company. You're proven wrong and you keep repeating the same old arguments with a source of "trust me, bro", against factual statements.

Have some self respect.
I have provided evidence this year that it was still having supply issues. Just because you weren't aware doesn't mean it never happened.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
What that even means?
Over 90% of the market is sales from GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Up to June 2023, Series X was selling out constantly at all 5 of those stores.

Stop playing dumb now. I've stated this before. But I'm sure you'll just post that dumb haha reaction and move on. Then the next month we go over the same info and you'll still ask what I could possibly mean.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Over 90% of the market is sales from GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Up to June 2023, Series X was selling out constantly at all 5 of those stores.

Stop playing dumb now. I've stated this before.
And Best Buy stores told another story... you could buy in store all these months.
Stop trying to create artificial excuses because people can check it themselves.
Any address I uses you can find stores in less than 20 minutes with Series X.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

What a sad fate it must be to think that because I say Xbox supply improved, that means I'm saying it'll outsell PS5. Being a console fanboy really causes brain rot. It's okay, your precious PS5 will still lead sales.

I have provided evidence this year that it was still having supply issues. Just because you weren't aware doesn't mean it never happened.
do you have real documents showing that they increased supply? like factory documents? shipment documents?

we already established that Phil is lying about EVERYTHING.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
And Best Buy stores told another story... you could buy in store all these months.
Stop trying to create artificial excuses because people can check it themselves.
Any address I uses you can find stores in less than 20 minutes with Series X.
You could not buy in every store, every day, and even then I've always said Best Buy was one of if not the best retailer to buy the Series X in the early part of 2023.

Again, I've been consistent about this. Now how about Walmart, GameStop, Target during that time?
do you have real documents showing that they increased supply? like factory documents? shipment documents?

we already established that Phil is lying about EVERYTHING.
I have the actual forward facing retailer availability to see if Series X supply increased.

Available on GameStop since the showcase, more stock sent to Best Buy to where it no longer needs the High Demand Product label, Target's in my area and a few states I've checked have more than than before, Walmart's about the same since May (which was an improvement from previous months), and Amazon started getting more stock since May.

It's pretty clear Series X has better stock today than a few months ago.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

I could have bought it at any moment in the last year or even before. Even the scalpers on fb marketplace had to go below retail to burn their remaining inventory a long time ago.

Edit: I just checked, these things can be had for $100 less than market price!

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I could have bought it at any moment in the last year or even before. Even the scalpers on fb marketplace had to go below retail to burn their remaining inventory a long time ago.

Edit: I just checked, these things can be had for $100 less than market price!
Exactly. If these things really were supply constrained and not demand constrained, the secondhand markets would have priced it accordingly. But series x has been below MSRP for the majority of 2022 and plummeted in 2023. (BTW StockX charges a 10% fee so a $500 sale is going to be $450 the seller)

Screenshot_20230629_171126.jpg If you go back several months on ebay used consoles are selling for between $300 and $400. That's not a lack of supply.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster