[Circana] May 2023 Hardware and Software Sales

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
First page of this thread is funny.đŸ˜‚

That’s what happens when you jump the gun without full data points.

PS5 is leading the market in 2023 in overall sales. Switch only sold more this month, barely at that probably, because of the LE Switch Zelda.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I was gonna ask "Where FFXVI", but then I realized it's may and not June, woops.

ehe-anime.gif
YUA, good meme taste

• party
Reactions: BlueLyria

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Should've asked if the Xbox decreased by single or double digits instead, everybody was already talking about that PS triple.
HUH Mat's response to me was where the triple digit PS5 came from lmao

He's not going to answer that other question.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

PS5 is leading the market in 2023 in overall sales. Switch only sold more this month, barely at that probably, because of the LE Switch Zelda.
Yeah some ppl talking out their ass it was embarrassing đŸ˜‚. Sony indeed killing it.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Not sure what's funny when most of us already knew the reason why PS5 was second this month, doesn't change the facts of what I said about their content drought. A 6 year old system trading blows with a brand new PS5 is embarrassing. Sony not releasing a special edition PS5 3 years into it's lifecycle also contributes to this, while Nintendo shits out a special edition switch for every game release.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Not sure what's funny when most of us already knew the reason why PS5 was second this month, doesn't change the facts of what I said about their content drought. A 6 year old system trading blows with a brand new PS5 is embarrassing. Sony not releasing a special edition PS5 3 years into it's lifecycle also contributes to this, while Nintendo shits out a special edition switch for every game release.

I agree about no special edition consoles. By this point PS4 had dozens of custom designed consoles. I don’t know what Sony’s marketing team is doing this generation.

Still though, Switch selling more this month is nothing embarrassing at all. They launched a big first party game with a limited edition system. It had better put up some numbers. PS5 still leads in total sales this year. Which shows that whatever amount the Switch sold in May it still couldn’t pass the PS5. June will easily be PS5 back on top monthly.

It has nothing to do with any lack of games either. PS5 had a ton of games release this quarter.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They are in stock everywhere. I don't know why people keep saying this. A quick check for Target in store stock shows them in every store around me.
Didn't they hear their lord and savior Philness III Esq. publicly declare that Series X supply issues are over just like 2-3 weeks ago?