[Circana] May 2023 Hardware and Software Sales

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
So you can't. That's pretty sad.

Now prove he lied
Now prove he didn't lie.

Reality is proof enough since all this time you were talking about shortages both series console were wildly available.

You have clearly shown you either don't have the humility to recognize when you were wrong or that you are actually a shill trying to push a false narrative. Shame on you.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Holy crap you're still doing the month-to-month method when everyone (literally everyone) embarrassed you for that last time because that's not how sales tracking is even done 🤣.

Never change, ghostz. Never change.
It doesn’t matter. All I simply said was PS5 sales are down compared to April. This is factually true.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's not what he said.
No.

Can you accept Microsoft stated they have significantly increased supply of the Series X?
Can you accept Microsoft stated they have significantly increased supply of the Series X?

Also we just got confirmation from the FTC evidence documents that Microsoft internally knows Series X supply was lowered due to a missed production target and moving silicon to the cloud servers.
Ok, so they have significantly increased the supply of series X, yet their sales are decreasing.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It doesn’t matter. All I simply said was PS5 sales are down compared to April. This is factually true.
Two points...

1) You never said it was compared with April... anybody can check and see your replies (https://icon-era.com/threads/europe...up-40-yoy-ps5-up-81-yoy-xbox-down-16-yoy.4143).
You made up that excuse after got called out.

2) Is really factually true? Because April as a 5 week months compared to May 4 weeks.
Can you share please your data for April and May so we can check togheter with you?
Because you say it but until now we don't have either US, Worldwide, etc figures for April or May.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Yeah because that's what's being talked about.

I wonder if you guys are self aware or are just that into the weeds you can't accept new information that doesn't fit your narrative.
Series X was supply constrained in 2023 in the US. I proved this multiple times.

That's not what he said.
No.

Also we just got confirmation from the FTC evidence documents that Microsoft internally knows Series X supply was lowered due to a missed production target and moving silicon to the cloud servers.

I think you are very well aware that XSX FH5 bundle IS always in stock at Microsoft store. So, IT WASN'T SUPPLY CONSTRAINED

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, go figure.
Calculate Mila Kunis GIF

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
This forum once again showing it knows fuck all yet tries to act intellectual.
Now prove he didn't lie.

Reality is proof enough since all this time you were talking about shortages both series console were wildly available.

You have clearly shown you either don't have the humility to recognize when you were wrong or that you are actually a shill trying to push a false narrative. Shame on you.
Look at the last two weeks of Series X sales in Japan, they've increased significantly from the past few months.

Here's this photo right after the Showcase where Series X had the top spot on GameStop for the first time all year. Series X has also remained above Switch consoles since the showcase, when before it would almost always be below it (far below it when stock wasn't in).

FycdkN_WYAQv0Cm

Life proves me right every step of the way buddy. For months I'd post easily verifiable info on Series X being out of stock in the US, and then out of nowhere, Phil Spencer says that in response to feedback Series X supply would be significantly increased.

All anyone has here is their limited understanding of the US market (and really, the market in general).

Ok, so they have significantly increased the supply of series X, yet their sales are decreasing.
You are aware that May data happened before the Showcase right?
I think you are very well aware that XSX FH5 bundle IS always in stock at Microsoft store. So, IT WASN'T SUPPLY CONSTRAINED
I've proven this wrong so many times, this literally doesn't matter.

The amount of people that buy consoles from fringe online retailers is not a factor in sales. The top 5 retailers have always been estimated to account for 90-95% of the market. Random brick and mortars and online stores combined only get to 5-10%.

Also, the $499 Series X wasn't in stock which is the console most people want.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Look at the last two weeks of Series X sales in Japan, they've increased significantly from the past few months.

Here's this photo right after the Showcase where Series X had the top spot on GameStop for the first time all year. Series X has also remained above Switch consoles since the showcase, when before it would almost always be below it (far below it when stock wasn't in).

FycdkN_WYAQv0Cm

Life proves me right every step of the way buddy. For months I'd post easily verifiable info on Series X being out of stock in the US, and then out of nowhere, Phil Spencer says that in response to feedback Series X supply would be significantly increased.

All anyone has here is their limited understanding of the US market (and really, the market in general).

The amount of people that buy consoles from fringe online retailers is not a factor in sales. The top 5 retailers have always been estimated to account for 90-95% of the market. Random brick and mortars and online stores combined only get to 5-10%.

For someone that is always wrong and smelling your own farts you sure think too much of yourself.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
For someone that is always wrong and smelling your own farts you sure think too much of yourself.
When you can't actually argue the points brought up because you know how wrong you, it feels great to read.

Just casually viewing the market and getting confirmed by the head of Xbox that I was right 💪

But of course I was right. It's not like you can argue the reality of market conditions.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

FycdkN_WYAQv0Cm

You were proved wrong so many times that I don't even know why people still discuss that :unsure:

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Series X sales increasing in a week In Japan proves stock shortages were true.

Microsoft has the marketing rights for Diablo 4, and the game released that same week.

I'm sure thats only a coincidence.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Series X sales increasing in a week In Japan proves stock shortages were true.

Microsoft has the marketing rights for Diablo 4, and the game released that same week.

I'm sure thats only a coincidence.
MS doesn't selling in Japan Diablo 4 physical outside the Series bundle is another coincidence...

Imagine going in a story to try to buy a game and the guys says it is only sold with Series console.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
When you can't actually argue the points brought up because you know how wrong you, it feels great to read.

Just casually viewing the market and getting confirmed by the head of Xbox that I was right 💪

But of course I was right. It's not like you can argue the reality of market conditions.
Oh sure, Xbox would be doing a lot better if not for the damn widespread shortages slowing it down. 🤡

All that despite the fact that it has been pretty easy to get an Xbox for a long time at this point and for some reason bundles don't count as available consoles. You are a joke.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
Listen man, you trying to be some intellectual, but on your very own Installbase site you have an MS paid astroturfer ( be sure he will bail out when MS/ABK merge fail/pass, whatever). Deal with that first, then talk about some intellectual stuff
Yeah
Alot of these pro acquisition accounts will disappear if the deal gets blocked in July

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

FycdkN_WYAQv0Cm

So if I get what you mean:
- Everybody bought xboxes after MS made a show that wasn't all that interesting to people who are not shills? Because Sony did not show enough games (a drought on PS means we get Spiderman 2 and FF XVI within months from one another).

- Ignore the sales numbers reported from sources that gather the information from many retail outlets and pick some well timed sample from a single store chain.

- Ignore global trends

- Ignore that MS claimed that stock issues were resolved a long time ago

= MS wins!