[Circana] May 2024: 1# Ghost of Tsushima, 2# Paper Mario TYD, 3# Helldivers 2, #8 Shadow of Erdtree; PS5 #1, 2#NSW , 3# XSX

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

As you can see, GTA5 sold 11 million on its first day and holds the record to date.

But there's no doubt that GTA6 will shatter that record. I wouldn't even be surprised if it made 25 or 30 million in the first 24 hours, it's going to be a huge tsunami.
Honestly the industry is desperately in need of something like this to happen, so i'd love to see it happen. I'm more interested in just how massive the PS4 > PS5 migration will be.

Reactions: Evilms

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If Sony does what they did with the PS4. As in, drop the base/slim PS5 price and the PS5 Pro takes the original PS5 current price. If they do that with PS5/ PS5 Pro it should be good enough no?
Yup! Though i'm not sure I see them dropping the price of the pro after one year, they'll probably make it a 2 week price cut, given how conservative they've been this generation.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yup! Though i'm not sure I see them dropping the price of the pro after one year, they'll probably make it a 2 week price cut, given how conservative they've been this generation.
Yeah I think the Pro will just keep the current PS5 price

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
If Sony does what they did with the PS4. As in, drop the base/slim PS5 price and the PS5 Pro takes the original PS5 current price. If they do that with PS5/ PS5 Pro it should be good enough no?
Honestly, Sony doesn't need to drop the price at all this gen because of GTA6. We will see sales every now and then like right now on PlayStation Direct.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Honestly, Sony doesn't need to drop the price at all this gen because of GTA6. We will see sales every now and then like right now on PlayStation Direct.
But how much will the PS5 Pro be? Last time when PS4 Pro came out, the base PS4 gota price drop.

Reactions: AllBizness