[Circana] May 2024: 1# Ghost of Tsushima, 2# Paper Mario TYD, 3# Helldivers 2, #8 Shadow of Erdtree; PS5 #1, 2#NSW , 3# XSX

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Probably around 200k also, it was #5 on NPD for its month and was outsold by a late port of Monster Hunter Rise which wasn't a big seller either.

image.png
So good sales for a old PC port.

BTW the lowest GoT Steam sales estimate site out it at minimum 600k sold Worldwide… the highest one at 1.1m sales worldwide.

It is probably selling faster than God of War… it will break 900k before 2 and a half month.

It is early to call but it has the chance to be the fastest selling Sony old PC port to date…
BTW God of War PC already sold over 2.7 million copies (May 2023)… probably over 3 million today.

And to you understand how the estimates works… obvious Gamalytic is underestimating it.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Umar

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Before you attempt to twist words and make up fake quotes just always remember my words doesn't magically disappear because we go onto a fresh page lmao.

I literally differentiated between both markets, something attempted to conflate when you backed yourself into corner with inconsistent argument.

Noticed I said we have seen the European state and also debuted at #2? Which aligns with what we are also seeing in North America? Notice I used "RESPECTIVE MONTH" to imply the game had s good launch. I have no clue how it's selling now but the launch was obviously a success and that's all I have said in here

And there was no way the launch was gonna be 400k, but then again you are throwing out random numbers and easy for you to do that because you're nothing but an armchair forum analyst of bad data reporting.

Imagine thinking I come here to win or lose a discussion lmao....please go outside and sniff some grass and jump back into reality old man
😂😂 what are you on about? go outside and touch grass just because I destroyed you in an argument? 400k in a 2 week period is asking for too much now? 🤣 WOW, you keep reaffirming my point that the standards for PC is in the gutter. Calm down bruh, no need to get angry over a little debate.

So good sales for a old PC port.

BTW the lowest GoT Steam sales estimate site out it at minimum 600k sold Worldwide… the highest one at 1.1m sales worldwide.

It is probably selling faster than God of War… it will break 900k before 2 and a half month.

It is early to call but it has the chance to be the fastest Sony old PC port to date…
No those aren't good sales at all. And those estimate sites are always very wrong, it's made by PC fanboys to make PC look like a bigger market than it actually is. They had TLOU at over 1m sales and then earnings report showed that it only did 370k.

• they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No those aren't good sales at all. And those estimate sites are always very wrong, it's made by PC fanboys to make PC look like a bigger market than it actually is. They had TLOU at over 1m sales and then earnings report showed that it only did 370k.
Bigger or smaller?

God of War estimates.
Gamalytic is cleary underestimating it.

BTW 100-200k at launch for an old PC port is really good… you can expect similar sales to GoW for GoT or even better.

I wonder if the profit on old PC ports is even better than on PS due the way cheapest nature of PC ports.

1 million in PC is like $50m in revenue for a port that costs $3-5 million the profit is ridiculous good.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
😂😂 what are you on about? go outside and touch grass just because I destroyed you in an argument? 400k in a 2 week period is asking for too much now? 🤣 WOW, you keep reaffirming my point that the standards for PC is in the gutter. Calm down bruh, no need to get angry over a little debate.
Damn, you even suck at gaslighting 💀😭
Wow the way you have literally abandoned your entire argument now and now trying to do basic kindergarten semantics. Again nobody was discussing worldwide. Your own words in here contradict you. You threw out 100 - 250k for the US market since we are in an NPD thread. Suddenly you wanna talk about worldwide.

So it went from expecting 1 million worldwide as the benchmark for success to now well 400k would been great in 2 weeks. So going by your logic if the game sold at the same pace for an entire month it would have done 800 - 850k... So it would have still been a failure for you since it wouldn't reach 1 million, like you originally claimed would have made it a success in your eyes 🤣😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And P.S - I was only continuing this because I'm getting a chuckle at you making an ass of yourself in here.

Oh and lastly you could never destroy me in an argument, somebody lied to you several times and told you, you were good at arguing but you're nothing of the sort.

Have a great day 🤡

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wow the way you have literally abandoned your entire argument now and now trying to do basic kindergarten semantics. Again nobody was discussing worldwide. Your own words in here contradict you. You threw out 100 - 250k for the US market since we are in an NPD thread. Suddenly you wanna talk about worldwide.

So it went from expecting 1 million worldwide as the benchmark for success to now well 400k would been great in 2 weeks. So going by your logic if the game sold at the same pace for an entire month it would have done 800 - 850k... So it would have still been a failure for you since it wouldn't reach 1 million, like you originally claimed would have made it a success in your eyes 🤣😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And P.S - I was only continuing this because I'm getting a chuckle at you making an ass of yourself in here.

Oh and lastly you could never destroy me in an argument, somebody lied to you several times and told you, you were good at arguing but you're nothing of the sort.

Have a great day 🤡
He expect old PC ports to sell like shiny new PS releases… that is crazy by itself.

From the old PC ports GoT is being one of the most successful from Sony… the sales are really good.

Even more considering how many failed last year.

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
He expect old PC ports to sell like shiny new PS releases… that is crazy by itself.

From the old PC ports GoT is being one of the most successful from Sony… the sales are really good.

Not even PS5 Sony exclusives are doing 1 million in the US first month this generation. He is obviously in shock that GoT debuted at #1 and it goes against the PC narrative of everything flopping. And trust me I wanted this to flop as I want PS games to stop going to PC.

But, I'm definitely not gonna create a bubble of deceit and argue against reality. It did well and I'm Happy that Sucker Punch has once again prevailed..

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not even PS5 Sony exclusives are doing 1 million in the US first month this generation. He is obviously in shock that GoT debuted at #1 and it goes against the PC narrative of everything flopping. And trust me I wanted this to flop as I want PS games to stop going to PC.

But, I'm definitely not gonna create a bubble of deceit and argue against reality. It did well and I'm Happy that Sucker Punch has once again prevailed..
I’m not against or favor PC ports but…

If this games seels like 3 million on PC (similar to GoW) the profit is more than enough to cover the dev costs for a sequel 😍

More money Sony make more money they have to put in big AAA development and for a health PlayStathon ecosystem that is the best for all with the big increase in costs of AAA gaming development.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just to add a bit more…

The old PC ports strategy makes business sense… it is a strategy that gives more money to developers sustain their business without affecting the overall quality and scope of the games.

Rockstar is doing that for years but Sony now saw the solution for their increase in develop costs of big AAA games.

That is the reason why I don’t believe Sony will ever do day one releases with PC because it makes less business sense due getting less revenue and profit overall.

If the point is to support the AAA business then old PC ports makes all sense for the business.

I don’t want to see Sony doing like MS and cutting dev costs on studios to make smaller and low quality games.

People seems to not understand what the lack of sales/revenue made with Xbox… they biggest games nowdays are AA at best… that is what Day releases on PC and Gamepass did with them.

PS. If Sony can get the whole revenue from games instead giving 30% to use Steam it will be even better.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Have a great day 🤡
Bro you are really mad and idk why… Calm down

What did I abandon?

Jah - 100k -250k sales for GoT is bad.

Danja - how many sales for NPD would you consider a success?

Jah - At least 400k in the US

Danja - that’s unrealistic, touch grass!!

Jah - it’s not unrealistic and chill out

Danja - you abandoned your argument and now you’re trying to gaslight me

Jah - ????

If anyone has abandoned their position, it’s you….claimed you wanted it to flop but are now here defending a PC port that flopped.
Not even PS5 Sony exclusives are doing 1 million in the US first month this generation.
What? Yes they are? 😂You think Ragnarok and Spider-Man selling 5m+ in their first 1-2 weeks doesn’t result in 1m sales first month in the US??? Pretty much every Sony 1st party game has done 1m+ in the US first month. Besides the smaller games like Returnal.

You’re bending over backwards so hard to defend PC that you’ve now lost all common sense.

I don’t expect them to do as well as PC, maybe half of 1/3rd as well, but they can’t even manage to do that.

GoW and HZD PC took 2+ years and deep discounts to match what they sold on PS4 in just 3 days. And you guys think that’s amazing? 🤦‍♂️

I’m not against or favor PC ports but…

If this games seels like 3 million on PC (similar to GoW) the profit is more than enough to cover the dev costs for a sequel 😍

More money Sony make more money they have to put in big AAA development and for a health PlayStathon ecosystem that is the best for all with the big increase in costs of AAA gaming development.
These PC ports aren’t funding anything, lmao. These games literally fund themselves within the first week of sales. While on PC it takes 10+ game combined revenue over the course of a year just to generate 200m 😂 PSN store brings in 300m a week by itself.

What a joke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
These PC ports aren’t funding anything, lmao. These games literally fund themselves within the first week of sales. While on PC it takes 10+ game combined revenue over the course of a year just to generate 200m 😂 PSN store brings in 300m a week by itself.

What a joke
?

PC old ports costs $3-5 million.
Revenue for 2 million copies: ~$60 million (already discounted Steam 30% and using average price of $40).

$60 million already helps to fund a lot of game development for years.
Plus these games are not stopping at 2 million only.

Can’t you see the big picture? Part of profit of the game on console plus part of the profit of the old PC port funding a big scope AAA sequel?

PS AAA releases dev costs are reaching $150-200m or more already…

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
To give my two cents here…

GoT selling whatever over 100k at launch in US for PC only is indeed good… if it is 250k the it is great… it is after a very old game that everybody with a PlayStation already played.

BTW it is one of the best PS launches on PC.

Rebirth didn't sell millions in US… it is probably below 1.5 million (it is below The Show that peaks at 2 million in US in the year after the Nov/Dec sales) and it way below what Remake did… the biggest question if it is below or not the already low sales of FFXVI in US.

GoT had a Steam CCU high of 77,000.

No way the port has sold between 100k-250k.

Much more than that.

We may not agree with these PC ports but they are a reality now.

Some people need to accept that and stop whining.

Sony doesn’t give a shit what we think.

Reactions: voke and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Much more than that.

I believe it is more but we are talking about US only and around 200k seems really good… that means around 600-700k worldwide or more in like 2 weeks.

It is probably close to beat GoW 900k in 2 and a half months.

The ROI of old PC ports are crazy high.
Like invest few million and get back several million (like 10x more) in like a year.

There is no way to that not be amazing good from a business perspective and helps the company to invest more in development.

Anybody that loves PlayStation can’t deny that it helps a lot PlayStation as business.

• they're_right_you_know

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Much more than that.

Bro preach.

• Shake

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like I decided to say everything I think today :D

Another point I see being spread here is that old PC ports are the reasons some Sony AAA studios are not delivering games like usual pace.

That is far from the truth.
I won’t enter in the discussion if old PC ports that needs just a small team in some months with a very low budget can affect AAA game development…

The fact is there are several others things that affect way more AAA game development than Old PC ports.

- Post Covid-19 period… most game development were delayed and sufferer a hit with Covid-19 period and we are now facing the results of these hits / delays.
- AAA game development costs and time increased exponentially.
- Bad decisions led to either projects being cancelled or studios having to change everything.

Each of these points have way more weight in a studio not releasing games yet than an old PC port.

But people here keep blaming the old PC ports that doesn’t use a fraction of resource, time and budget of an AAA gaming project.

PS. I don’t like PC as a gaming platform and I will never left consoles to PC (because it feels like a downgrade experience for me) but I have no issue in PlayStation increasing their Studio revenues with old PC ports… the more successful PlayStation got on PC the better for PlayStation consoles players.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The massive hype is from the fact that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, is one of the greatest ARPGs ever made, even after 10 years after it's release. Don't let dumb console wars shroud what truly gave the game a spotlight, it's cult following singing it's praises across 2 console generations with no follow-up
Im not saying its a bad game, I havent even played it. It was like cult classic, like you say.
But when the reviews were dropping they were saying this is GOTY, up there with the likes of Elden Ring, Im not saying its not but clearly they shot there load too fast basing it on metacritic scores. On forums and media its pretty easy to see who these people were and so many of them were big PS haters.

It had nothing to do with DD and its fans, haters hate the idea of FF7Rebirth being goty and every time PS releases an exclusive there is a negative story or something trying to dampen the hype. This happens everytime, PS releases a game since PS4m especially more since 2020

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
The back and forth can stop now.

Continue to have your discussions without the jabs at one another. This isn't the place for it, if you cant agree to disagree then place each other on ignore.
Failing that then you get the angry cat.

Angry Cat GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Kokoloko this is exactly why "debates" are pointless on this site, it's literally impossible to have a good faith discussion.
No, debates are impossible in this site because mods allow people like you or @Nhomnhom attack and insult people who don't agree with you.

You frequently try to confront factual data that goes against your wishes or guesses not with other factual data as would be the case in a proper debate, but instead you make personal attacks and trolling, even with namecalling people not involved in the discussion. And you keep insisting. In any other forum you would have been permabanned a while ago.

Example: this is thread that shows GoT PC as the most successful game of the month in NPD of the month and you call it a failure and attack the people who disagree, even those like me who weren't in the conversation. You only back your claims with your personal guess sales and personal attacks, this is not a debate. In a debate you would be respectful to other people, accept the facts and maybe try to confront them with other facts that provide a more accurate, updated or complete picture of the topic, without attacking the other people.

The thread also shows PS5 as the top 1 console of the month and the year in NPD reports, and being ahead launch aligned compared to PS4. With GoT PC being the top performing game of the month and Helldivers 2 (another PS5+PC game) as the top performer of the year in NPD. And recently we saw in the fiscal report that as usual in worldwide numbers they getting record numbers and growing in most of their console and PC KPIs even with the price increases and shortages of the past, but you claim they are doomed and attack those who disagree because of potatoes.

You don't debate, you're only derailing threads and creating a bad and toxic mood.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
No, debates are impossible in this site because mods allow people like you or @Nhomnhom attack and insult people who don't agree with you.

You frequently try to confront factual data that goes against your wishes or guesses not with other factual data as would be the case in a proper debate, but instead you make personal attacks and trolling, even with namecalling people not involved in the discussion. And you keep insisting. In any other forum you would have been permabanned a while ago.

Example: this is thread that shows GoT PC as the most successful game of the month in NPD of the month and you call it a failure and attack the people who disagree, even those like me who weren't in the conversation. You only back your claims with your personal guess sales and personal attacks, this is not a debate. In a debate you would be respectful to other people, accept the facts and maybe try to confront them with other facts that provide a more accurate, updated or complete picture of the topic, without attacking the other people.

The thread also shows PS5 as the top 1 console of the month and the year in NPD reports, and being ahead launch aligned compared to PS4. With GoT PC being the top performing game of the month and Helldivers 2 (another PS5+PC game) as the top performer of the year in NPD. And recently we saw in the fiscal report that as usual in worldwide numbers they getting record numbers and growing in most of their console and PC KPIs even with the price increases and shortages of the past, but you claim they are doomed and attack those who disagree because of potatoes.

You don't debate, you're only derailing threads and creating a bad and toxic mood.
You are 100% correct.