Circana (NPD) US Sales April 2024 - PS5 (#1 for both) NSW (#2 units, #3 dollar) XBS (#3 units, #2 dollar) / Stellar Blade #1, Sea of Thieves #4

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I can’t wait for the mental gymnastics on why Stellar Blade flopped despite the hard data.

There's no flop, just that #1 in this month is not as large of a number as previous months.
It still charted at #16 YTD which is very good for a game of its genre and the fact it's coming from a new studio(at least to the worldwide audience).

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Some estimates have Xbox at 100-105k. Six thousand units away from the five digit thousands. And that’s in its strongest market the US.

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke
OP
OP
Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Stellar Blade had one week of sales, so a little bit of context needs to be applied here. It did great and its release window was timed perfectly to allow it to shine.

Ronin seems to have held up fairly decent too.

Should be interesting to see how Helldivers 2 fare next month given everything.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
There's no flop, just that #1 in this month is not as large of a number as previous months.
It still charted at #16 YTD which is very good for a game of its genre and the fact it's coming from a new studio(at least to the worldwide audience).

What I’m saying is it didn't flop. Whoever expects Ragnarok or Spiderman numbers are delusional. The game is a AA new IP.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For comparison...

Stellar Blade seems to have done better than Rise of the Ronin.
Both new IP.

Buy we will only know for sure next month.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Some estimates have Xbox at 100-105k. Six thousand units away from the five digit thousands. And that’s in its strongest market the US.

Xbox to dip below 100k this summer, these are late Xone life numbers

I haven't kept up with the months, is May a weaker console shipment month than April in the last few years?
If it is, it could go down below 100k especially considering more bad news with Xbox closing the Bethesda studios happened at the beginning of that month.