Circana (NPD) US sales December 2023 - PS5 (#1 for both) NSW (#2 for both) XBS #3 / MW3#1, Mario Wonder#2, Madden 24#3

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Or just a fan of gaming in general who isn't an Xbox diehard fanatical fanboy or fangirl. I was a lot more lenient towards Microsoft before the public campaign for the ABK deal kicked into gear, with the constant FUD and smearing tactics against Sony/SIE & PlayStation. That really turned me off from the Xbox side; combined with what I noticed to be smear campaigns by Xbox diehards (and PCMR-adjacents) towards Sony 1P games (the Elden Ring vs. HFW stuff was extremely egregious and part of the reason I bought HFW over Elden Ring. That and HFW looked a lot better visually), I just got more and more tired of the BS from Xbox fans and MS corporate with the smearing tactics and turning the ABK deal into a drawn-out political circus.

Now that everything's basically subsided I'm not as vehemently harsh towards Xbox or MS as I was during the acquisition ordeal. I consider myself more of a realist about the brand, and for the fanboys that's going to come across as be negative a lot of the time no matter what I say. For example it's not like I'm begging them to exit the console business.

But I do think they'd serve themselves and the industry better by not being a console platform holder. IMO that doesn't even mean to stop making hardware; I just think it means making Xbox more like a gaming PC hardware. "Xbox is PC" as some of the diehards have been saying so long...well now MS can actually make that a reality. But some of those same diehards don't like that idea because it'd mean Xbox no longer competing against PlayStation in the traditional console business model sense, and it'd mean MS actually putting their games everywhere...

..which is what both Tim Stuart and Satya Nadella have already said is the game plan.
I think some internally at MS still have this fantasy of seeing PlayStation beaten, brutalized and forced out of gaming by Xbox, but the head honchos aren't convinced that's possible anymore. I predict that they may give another year or two of trying to beat PlayStation the traditional way and then lean more into being third-party.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ragnarok would make appearances Europe charts often throughout the entire year.

It’s safe to say that it’s reached “evergreen” status similar to a tentpole Nintendo release.

Almost makes me wonder if they don’t need to lean on direct sequels to arrive in the same generation at all when they can potentially have runs like Ragnarok and Spider-man.

GT7 is in that camp also but it’s arguably a full featured service game.

Ragnarok is for sure a “killer app” in the traditional sense. Glad to see it .

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not a single Ubisoft game in top 20 for year.

Siege probably only thing really making money currently.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
First reply in the twitter ☝️

GEI2fwNXkAAI4Bn

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Total LTD 9th Gen

PS5 : 18.664.000 (PS4 : 17.529.000)
X/S : 13.476.000 (XB1 : 15.851.000)
Extremely impressive for PS5. The sacrifice in cutting down Europe stock in 2022 in favor of the US was the right call. 2023 Stock explosion just solidified the snow ball effect.

Now they need to get aggressive in Europe / UK to make up ground on the PS4 launch aligned

Reactions: PS_ROCKS