Circana (NPD) US sales December 2023 - PS5 (#1 for both) NSW (#2 for both) XBS #3 / MW3#1, Mario Wonder#2, Madden 24#3

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
7CLxBPd.png
Oooo so there's a chance, even if the Xbox isn't discontinued, that it ends up behind the first Xbox!

christoph waltz television GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 mil more in sales is a tall order with the news that they're becoming a full blown third party already out there.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I could talk about TotK's lack of legs (its doing good, but should be doing better) but will zero in on Hogwarts instead. At this point I think the boycott actually helped it. Potter games were always big but they haven't been huge since, like early PS2 era and the franchise is less relevant than ever. But the game is good, normies showed up and I think that the general public, as a whole, decided to push the game to spite the cancellers. I'll definitely be picking it up this year.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Prophetic

Buddy is holding the LINE!​

Neonzel

"I don't know why I clicked on the VERGE and NPD threads. I knew how they would look but for some reason I still clicked....

I put them on ignore now. Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand, but I'm not going to let that 3rd party talk ruing my hype for Indian Jones and Avowed today.

Only a few more hours"

"Indian" Jones lmao, it's the walmart brand action adventure game

Reactions: Dabaus

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I could talk about TotK's lack of legs (its doing good, but should be doing better) but will zero in on Hogwarts instead. At this point I think the boycott actually helped it. Potter games were always big but they haven't been huge since, like early PS2 era and the franchise is less relevant than ever. But the game is good, normies showed up and I think that the general public, as a whole, decided to push the game to spite the cancellers. I'll definitely be picking it up this year.
There is no digital for Nintendo games in the ranking.
TotK could be anything between #16 and #1.

Reactions: Zzero and Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ooof forgot about no digital for Zelda. Take back my claim about spider man outselling it. I imagine it’s at least 50%.

Still… Spider-man did those numbers in a shorter window. So it sold huge fast. Still massive.

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

"The Big Xbox December...and January"

Brad Sams said Xbox did a good job during the month of December. LOL.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

"The Big Xbox December...and January"

Brad Sams said Xbox did a good job during the month of December. LOL.

This perfectly matches that meme picture of the guy in third place celebrating.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Starfield misses the top 10
That might not seem like a fantastic showing for the studio’s first game since being acquired by Microsoft Corp., but there are some extenuating factors. Starfield skipped rival console PlayStation, it received weak reviews (although the aggregate score is deceptively high thanks to a slew of Xbox fan sites) and, most importantly, it was immediately available on Microsoft’s Netflix-like subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, where players can access the game by paying $10 a month rather than buying it directly for $70. Bethesda recently said that Starfield had 13 million players, suggesting that a whole lot of people used Game Pass to play it.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Zero momentum, needed a 150$ price cut to save Christmas and this is after Starfield, with GP as the selling point. Xbox had to take heavy losses which I’m sure they will hide on their accounts, and now they are back to the downturn. This year will be a shit show for them, Hellblade 2 will be a flavor of the week game, and nobody is buying an Xbox to play Persona 3 reload.

There’s also not much in terms of third party hitters first half of 24 at least, so they are walking around butt naked. When Diablo 4 and old cod trash hits GP people will talk about it for 24 hours.

Dieting on dollar store games dropping monthly on GP, we already know how the next 5 months are going to be, a bunch of talk but no walk, unless walking to the next promised land marked for June. Wait for it!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Starfield misses the top 10

And people thinks Jason don’t do the job.
He to straight to the point no matter if cruel or not.

Interesting to read the new Prince of Persia is one of the best meteovania he played… I will probably try it.

Reactions: Puff

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Zero momentum, needed a 150$ price cut to save Christmas and this is after Starfield, with GP as the selling point. Xbox had to take heavy losses which I’m sure they will hide on their accounts, and now they are back to the downturn. This year will be a shit show for them, Hellblade 2 will be a flavor of the week game, and nobody is buying an Xbox to play Persona 3 reload.

There’s also not much in terms of third party hitters first half of 24 at least, so they are walking around butt naked. When Diablo 4 and old cod trash hits GP people will talk about it for 24 hours.

Dieting on dollar store games dropping monthly on GP, we already know how the next 5 months are going to be, a bunch of talk but no walk, unless walking to the next promised land marked for June. Wait for it!
I think this will be a repeat of 2023 but worse. Hellblade 2 will be the redfall, that is to say it won’t review well because there doesn’t seem to be much a game there. Indiana Jones will be the overhyped Bethesda game that can’t live up to expectations.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think this will be a repeat of 2023 but worse. Hellblade 2 will be the redfall, that is to say it won’t review well because there doesn’t seem to be much a game there. Indiana Jones will be the overhyped Bethesda game that can’t live up to expectations.
I think Hellblade 2 will review like Hellblade.

Reactions: Evilnemesis8