CNET: PSSR works across the entire library without any game patches needed. PSSR is also coming to PSVR2 games in the future

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Can't the current ps5 use this upscaling technique
One new thing that the PS5 Pro adds is dedicated AI hardware acceleration in the AMD GPU chip, that apparently in the future will be also used in a future generation of AMD chips.

Seems that basically Sony implemented their own AMD version of DLSS, which requires dedicated AI focused hardware. Pretty likely won't be available in PS4 or base PS5, which would help Sony to use it as selling point for PS5 Pro and in the future PS6.

But who knows, maybe it's an evolution of FSR that would also work with a way less effective implementation in base PS5, but I doubt it.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
FSR sucks donkeys balls, XeSS is from intel :ROFLMAO: , DLSS is the best but then you to sacrifice your firstborn at the altar of nvidia. If PSSR lives upto the promise then it will sure be a game changer

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I wonder if PlayStation will provide details about the PSSR dedicated hardware. It doesn't look like it, though. I'm sure AMD will incorporate that feature into their new cards and we'll get a lot of information then.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wonder if PlayStation will provide details about the PSSR dedicated hardware. It doesn't look like it, though. I'm sure AMD will incorporate that feature into their new cards and we'll get a lot of information then.
I assume Sony won't detail more than what they already shared.

But yes, apparently to beef up the PS5 GPU they did use early versions of a part of what will be featured in RDNA 5. RDNA 5 will also focus on AI hardware acceleration for upscaling and substantially improve RT and memory bandwith.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropi