Coming soon to Xbox Game Pass: Ghost Recon Wildlands, Turbo Golf Racing, Two Point Campus, Cooking Simulator, Expeditions Rome and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
so i guess xbox players should play cooking simulator then clean up after with powerwash simulator, thanks uncle phil

FragrantAnimatedHoiho-size_restricted.gif

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
so i guess xbox players should play cooking simulator then clean up after with powerwash simulator, thanks uncle phil

FragrantAnimatedHoiho-size_restricted.gif
Turns out Xbox players where all just PC players uncapable of building a PC given their obvious predilection for all sort of simulator games. Lawn Mowing Simulator, Goat Simulator, Power Washing Simulator, Flight Simulator, Cooking Simulator...

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This isn’t even the entire month, it’s the first of a few drops. Some of you need to step your console wars up.

Also what big release should MS grab? I know August 2022 is full of bangers.
So? It's still a trash tier list. It's not a good list. Stop praising trash.
Anyone praising this trash is doing it for pure war BS.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I know console warriors are blowing their loads in the thread right now but I’ll add something constructive. Shenzhen is old but is a great game. Offworld is also old but is solid.

Couldn’t care less about Ghost Recon Ubisoft trash but the other three console titles are very appealing to me. Two Point Hospital was great, and Cooking Simulator is great on PC. I’ve seen the Golf Racing beta, it looks fun.

Also people forget this is just the first batch of games. They’ll make another announcement or two. For example we already know Midnight Fight Express is coming later in August and looks good.
That's the thing, these games are so old they can be bought for peanuts.

Basically only good for people who want to try without buying. But how many people have the time/appetite to try a game they've never heard of, or have no prior interest in.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Heisenberg007

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
That's the thing, these games are so old they can be bought for peanuts.

Basically only good for people who want to try without buying. But how many people have the time/appetite to try a game they've never heard of, or have no prior interest in.

That’s exactly what GamePass is great for, trying out games you wouldn’t normally try. I can’t count the amount of games I never would have bought but played on GamePass and enjoyed very much.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That’s exactly what GamePass is great for, trying out games you wouldn’t normally try. I can’t count the amount of games I never would have bought but played on GamePass and enjoyed very much.
No, the promise was for AAA games, including day-one releases.

If you "never would have bought a game" in the first place, then it means it's not a game for you. You'd rather play something else. But you now are forcing yourself to play the game only because it popped up on your gaming subscription for a limited time.

It's classic FOMO and Stockholm syndrome.

Gaming is supposed to be fun and exciting and hype, eagerly anticipating a game that you have wanted to play for a long time and finally have a chance to play it. It's not supposed to be "I would never have played this game, but I didn't have anything to play, so I played it, and it was fine, I guess."

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
For me £8 or £11 isn't worth it for months like this.

Will probably stay off for the rest of the year unless Warhammer is any good.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I don't pay Sony 14.99 a month to play power wash simulator. I just played a fuck ton of games over the course of June/July and all high quality titles, not some steam favorite shovel game.

Downloading Like a dragon as we speak. Along with Tony Hawk.

Games like stray are what I want out of obscure games that I would have no bought, but maybe tried when it was dirt cheap. Having high quality content to play keeps your platform relevant.

Is it great smaller developers are getting their games played? Yes.

But no offense I want to reward people that made Stray, because its super well made and a lot of effort went into it. Power Washer, or Peppa Pig or Farm simulator dont have the art direction, animation, or heart for the games I would be willing to put time into.

Simulator or shovel dungeon crawlers or top down pixel art games are fun and have their place. But there is just so many of them that I would rather play the best curated games.

Like Death's door, Tunic ect.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't pay Sony 14.99 a month to play power wash simulator. I just played a fuck ton of games over the course of June/July and all high quality titles, not some steam favorite shovel game.

Downloading Like a dragon as we speak. Along with Tony Hawk.

Games like stray are what I want out of obscure games that I would have no bought, but maybe tried when it was dirt cheap. Having high quality content to play keeps your platform relevant.

Is it great smaller developers are getting their games played? Yes.

But no offense I want to reward people that made Stray, because its super well made and a lot of effort went into it. Power Washer, or Peppa Pig or Farm simulator dont have the art direction, animation, or heart for the games I would be willing to put time into.

Simulator or shovel dungeon crawlers or top down pixel art games are fun and have their place. But there is just so many of them that I would rather play the best curated games.

Like Death's door, Tunic ect.
With you 100%.

I have no problem with Indies, but they have to be high-quality games. Give me indies like Hollow Knight, Hades, Kena, Stray, Sifu, and I won't even touch most AAAs.

But those games -- just like high-quality AAAs -- are rare. 95% of the indies are just shovelware not worth spending any time on. Yes, you may be getting them "for free", but isn't your time the most valuable resource anyway? Why would you waste your most valuable resource on something that's not even good and "you wouldn't have played otherwise."

Status
Not open for further replies.