Coming soon to Xbox Game Pass: Ghost Recon Wildlands, Turbo Golf Racing, Two Point Campus, Cooking Simulator, Expeditions Rome and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
No, the promise was for AAA games, including day-one releases.

If you "never would have bought a game" in the first place, then it means it's not a game for you. You'd rather play something else. But you now are forcing yourself to play the game only because it popped up on your gaming subscription for a limited time.

It's classic FOMO and Stockholm syndrome.

Gaming is supposed to be fun and exciting and hype, eagerly anticipating a game that you have wanted to play for a long time and finally have a chance to play it. It's not supposed to be "I would never have played this game, but I didn't have anything to play, so I played it, and it was fine, I guess."

I can still get hyped for games I’ve wanted to play for a long time? And buy them? How does GamePass prevent that?

I don’t really care what you think GamePass “promised” or how it can be used. For me it’s a service that gives me access to loads of games I wouldn’t have tried otherwise, because of the cost barrier. Doesn’t mean a game “isn’t for me”. That’s dumb. I’ve actually bought games that are in GamePass because they were great and I wanted to support the dev.

Your viewpoint here is shallow and unsurprisingly jaded 😆

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I don't pay Sony 14.99 a month to play power wash simulator. I just played a fuck ton of games over the course of June/July and all high quality titles, not some steam favorite shovel game.

Downloading Like a dragon as we speak. Along with Tony Hawk.

Games like stray are what I want out of obscure games that I would have no bought, but maybe tried when it was dirt cheap. Having high quality content to play keeps your platform relevant.

Is it great smaller developers are getting their games played? Yes.

But no offense I want to reward people that made Stray, because its super well made and a lot of effort went into it. Power Washer, or Peppa Pig or Farm simulator dont have the art direction, animation, or heart for the games I would be willing to put time into.

Simulator or shovel dungeon crawlers or top down pixel art games are fun and have their place. But there is just so many of them that I would rather play the best curated games.

Like Death's door, Tunic ect.

I played Like a Dragon awhile back on GamePass. I hope you understand there will be updates to PS+ Xtreeeeeme that are lacking in “big” games. It happens with all of these services.

I don’t really care about your preference for art direction or “heart”. If you enjoy a game then play it.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
For me £8 or £11 isn't worth it for months like this.

Will probably stay off for the rest of the year unless Warhammer is any good.

If I were going month to month on the service then I would agree. But I have a long subscription and the money I’ve saved on games I would have bought this year has already made it pay for itself.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I played Like a Dragon awhile back on GamePass. I hope you understand there will be updates to PS+ Xtreeeeeme that are lacking in “big” games. It happens with all of these services.

I don’t really care about your preference for art direction or “heart”. If you enjoy a game then play it.

My point is it seems out the gate Sony is about picking interesting/quality content for their platform. I will admit PS+ has had ups and downs in the past. But its been more consistent in terms of content and types of content they sign every month.
Play what you want, but if I payed $500 for a console and signed up for a year of Gamepass and last couple months are peppa pig, power washer, and bunch of shovel ware stuff, i would not be picking up my controller with excitement.

I literally downloaded AC:Black flag, Like a dragon, tony hawk, stray, demons souls, and even though I own a physical copy redownloaded Returnal and they seem to have adjusted tower mode.
That game I play on the regular. Replaying black flag again is fun, on top of I just finished Iki Island last week.

I hope this is just a dry spell for Xbox I really do. Hope all their studios can add better games to the service.
As it stands, Playstations first go at re-organizing and consolidation of their service has been more quality titles than Gamepass did when it launched.

And say what you want about playing what you like, Not everyone has time to play a bunch of whatever games. I dont. My time is limited so if im going to actually dedicate time into something I want it to be quality regardless of the games age.

@DonFerrari I can still get hyped for games I’ve wanted to play for a long time? And buy them? How does GamePass prevent that?

I don’t really care what you think GamePass “promised” or how it can be used. For me it’s a service that gives me access to loads of games I wouldn’t have tried otherwise, because of the cost barrier. Doesn’t mean a game “isn’t for me”. That’s dumb. I’ve actually bought games that are in GamePass because they were great and I wanted to support the dev.

Your viewpoint here is shallow and unsurprisingly jaded 😆

It's shallow to want and expect quality of a service? There are reasons people have left netflix and flock to HBOMAX. Quality of content.

We should expect more from services. And I'm glad Microsoft in a way put pressure on Sony, who for some months would put low effort into PS+.

Now it seems Sony in this new gen consistently is putting out quality curated content. When games like Rocket League, and Fall guys debut on your service I think that sets a precedent.

Which is why i think gamepass day one is emphasized so much. I hope Sony's efforts pushed Microsofts so we dont have another 2022 year where you literally have nothing to play when it comes to big releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
“My time is limited!!”

Sounds like all the more reason to just play what you like 🤷‍♂️

And l like quality games? Not a bunch of games like House Flipper or power washer. I mean I own house Flipper and when Im insanely bored ill play it. But with the ramp up of quality content that Sony now has made it their prime mission for their platform to be the place where you play premium experiences I would rather play something I know I will pick up again.

Returnal is the game I cant quit similar to a nintendo title the gameplay is just that damn fucking good.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I’d hope so, if you’re spending your limited time playing them.

I just am done with jank. Like games put out by Focus, Greedfall, Werewolf: Apocalypse game I tried for like 30 minutes then deleted. Remnant is the only small studio indie, loot shooter I have actually played and liked it. But i also never went back to it.

I mean on console its cool Microsoft is exposing people to weird games that are actually played a lot on other platforms like Steam. But you don't pay $500 to play those?

You could download steam for free on your shitty laptop/Desktop and play those titles? Console gaming is and always has been about a curated experience. My PC is for my social games and fun wacky weird shit like house flipper.

I rarely play big AAA games on PC. I will play Doom, Witcher, and the likes. But for me PC is for smaller titles like ones mentioned. To me Microsoft is trying to make a big deal out of whatever titles because they know it's unsustainable to have your service be all full of bangers.

Hence them buying up a giant publisher that makes seasons games every year.

Right now Nintendo is having a similar issue but specific to their store and not a service. Last gen Sony had this issue as well where we had Black tiger and the likes all over the store. PSN was filled with garbage.

And to an extent there is still a good amount. But they changed up their algorithm and maybe they piss off smaller developers who think they are being thrown to the wolves. But it's on you to make your game stand out, which is something @David Jaffe said and I agree with.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I play all sorts of games on my $500 console, from “jank” to masterpiece AAA stuff. It’s pretty wild!

My PS4 was loaded with “curated” AAA content and my most played game was Rogue Legacy. Again, just play what you like.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I play all sorts of games on my $500 console, from “jank” to masterpiece AAA stuff. It’s pretty wild!

My PS4 was loaded with “curated” AAA content and my most played game was Rogue Legacy. Again, just play what you like.

Rogue legacy is a well made game?

Reactions: Banjo64

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Most good games are well made games

I mean in it actually being made from the ground up and not based off of built in engine assets and mods. Like a lot of the games like blank__Simulator are.

I mean if thats what you are into cool. But know that what you like is not the norm. If it was people would be buying those games on consoles in droves. And they really are not.

Sure gamepass shines a light on them and they see a uptick in sales/interest. But the % of people who actually pay $400-500 for a console to play rogue legacy as their main type of game they like to play is small and slim.

People buy consoles to play mostly big games either it be Their madden every year, COD, Fifa, GTA. battlefield.

I see games in tiers:

Tier 1: Big every year games: Fifa, COD, MADDEN, UBISOFT TITLE, EA title(Battlefield, starwars)

Tier 2: Big AAA First/Third party: Monster hunter, resident evil, Bethesda Titles(fallout, doom), Halo, Forza, Last of us, God of war, Spiderman, Elden Ring(From Software)

Tier 3
: AA/Indie: Shredders Revenge, Stray, Ori, Cuphead, Kena, Shadow Warrior, THQ titles like Warhammer, Darksiders series, Sega titles Yakuza series, Sega published PC titles, Beat Saber, Super Hot, Double Fine titles

Tier 4: small Indie/Mod made games: Devolver titles, power washer, peppa pig, Loca roca, Goat Simulator, dating sims,

Thats how a lot in my opinion is categorized by a lot of people including the platform holders.

Rarely do I play a ton from Tier 4. I have Mother Russia bleeds and Hotline Miami, and Dead cells. I dont put a ton of time into them if there are more of Tier 3 and up to play.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I play good games. Idc about tiers or anything.

Also GamePass has a strong collection of everything. There’s literally nothing coming out lately that they could go and sign that would be “tier 1”. It’s just a slow period.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Also GamePass has a strong collection of everything. There’s literally nothing coming out lately that they could go and sign that would be “tier 1”. It’s just a slow period.

?????

You mean they couldn't whip out their checkbook since they have a deal with EA PLAY and get madden on gamepass for a couple month deal day one? Madden comes out this month?

NBA 2k?

There's things they could do but they wont because of how much it costs and Regulators would see that behavior and have second thoughts on current deal with Activision. But it could be done.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
?????

You mean they couldn't whip out their checkbook since they have a deal with EA PLAY and get madden on gamepass for a couple month deal day one? Madden comes out this month?

NBA 2k?

There's things they could do but they wont because of how much it costs and Regulators would see that behavior and have second thoughts on current deal with Activision. But it could be done.

They very well could have. This is one of multiple August drops 😁

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

You guys sure are good with coming up with excuses and adapting your own expectations to whatever it is that you end up getting. There is just no way anyone was expecting the service to be this weak at this point in time and have such an underwhelming year.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wonder how low we’d have to go before certain people would criticise?

Yup.

It's like because people are so use to being disappointed by Xbox as a brand, that anything they put out ....it's fine.........this is fine..........

This Is Fine GIF

Reactions: Banjo64

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I wonder how low we’d have to go before certain people would criticise?
Well, they do criticize.
  • "Some of the grass isn't moving properly in Horizon Forbidden West when Aloy walks through it."
  • "Sony Santa Monica is re-using that one boat animation in God of War Ragnarok."
For PlayStation, they all become eagle-eyed and start criticizing and complaining about the most trivial things.

When it comes to Gamepass and XGS though, everything is fine.

the mueller report see GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.