Concord episode of Secret Level going ahead in spite of game's cancellation

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
concord-secret-level-prime-video.jpg

Concord will remain in Amazon's Secret Level despite its sudden cancellation, IGN has learned from a source close to production.

Secret Level, a series of 15 standalone short stories featuring a host of video game properties, initially included Concord in its announcement during gamescom. Its inclusion was thrown into doubt by PlayStation's decision to take Concord offline, seemingly spelling the end of the troubled live service game.
Prime Video has yet to publicly announce whether or not it will remain in Tim Miller's anthology series, but IGN understands that the episode featuring Concord is indeed still slated to air this season.
Source

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Its not officially cancelled but fuck it Im not standing on that line lol

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I remember the reveal of this show at Gamescom , dude came on pretty much in tears talking about 'we fucking love video games' & they did an entire episode for this shite 🤣

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
There’s always the possibility the game will come out in a year or so as f2p. The stench will be lessened by then. Together with retooling of the characters and rethinking of other elements, this may be the goal.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If it's anything like the animated shorts we got, I'm all in.

I feel like the weekly stories bits we were getting would all build up to that episode... But eh, shit happens

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It will be interesting if the episode somehow turns well. Like if it’s a 9/10 or 10/10 sci fi episode I can see Sony going back to the drawing boards & making the characters more interesting & attractive + free to play but also it’s almost certainly dead even with a turn around. Or the episode can be trash & it further gets shit on for one last time.

Hopefully PS & Herman understand concord was never it. To think he was excited & said he had fun w the game & that PS fans would be excited like bruh sure the gameplay itself isn’t bad but for a hero shooter the heroe designs & there personality are completely bland. Crazy to think Herman killed/ignored Killzone but go sign concord that ultimately made him & his company take a 100+ million dollars hit.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If it's anything like the animated shorts we got, I'm all in.

I feel like the weekly stories bits we were getting would all build up to that episode... But eh, shit happens
The animated shorts weren’t to bad tbh. Crazy how the concord anime showed more personality then how the characters acts in game

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
There’s always the possibility the game will come out in a year or so as f2p. The stench will be lessened by then. Together with retooling of the characters and rethinking of other elements, this may be the goal.
They will have to take 2 years to completely change the hero design + further developing the game modes there wasn’t that 1 main mode that differentiates itself from overwatch or other games. They would also have to change the concord name & the studio name since both have been poison w woke/agenda grifters & even then the grifters will be back to monetize the gas light etc

They would also have to remove the pronouns which did nothing to the game other then put a target to the woke/agenda grifters that misinform people by shouting at a echo chamber on YouTube & twitter

Reactions: Shmunter

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The animated shorts weren’t to bad tbh. Crazy how the concord anime showed more personality then how the characters acts in game
Lol the characters were fine in the game. I personally am glad they didn't feel the need to have the characters bickering and saying corny shit all throughout the match.. they had some pretty funny one liners and even some sinister one liners that aligned wit the situation of match....

I appreciate the old school approach they took with certain things.

But yes, I agree about the animated shorts, that's what the weekly cutscenes should have been if they wanted to world build out their universe and get people interested in the arching story

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I hope Sony doesn't let the memes get to them this time with this animated episode and do a Morbius part deux. That will be more humiliation, let this episode be a send off for the few people who actually like the game and let it end there, No need to bring back the game.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Does it matter if they run it while the game is cancelled?

Honest question, I don't see why not.

And to be honest, if they already made a bunch of those weekly CGI movies they were planning to release, then they should release those too. Unless those are also going for a tax write-off.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Does it matter if they run it while the game is cancelled?

Honest question, I don't see why not.

And to be honest, if they already made a bunch of those weekly CGI movies they were planning to release, then they should release those too. Unless those are also going for a tax write-off.

Servers are run for for games like Factions and Destruction All Stars. Its been removed because supposedly they want to make it FP2, it hasnt been officially cancelled