Concord hero design is just god awful!

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

They need to fire all of Firewalks concept artists & whoever created majority of those “heroes”.

Really look at the heroes in these games, it’s embarrassingly bad. Crazy because there ex Destiny dev you would think they would have heroic & iconic badass character design. Cayde, Zavala, Xur are amazing character designs in Destiny what went wrong? SBI infected? Ig go woke or go broke because it’s looking like this game will be a massive bomb.

Sony acquired the studio & the game took 5 years so this is minimal 200-300+ million dollars already invested into concord & firewalk. They should really have firewalk making a new Killzone or Killzone base multiplayer or another sci-fi multiplayer like Warhawk but who knows in will be interesting to see what happens to concord & firewalk.

Reactions: JAHGamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What is exactly bad in the hero design?

e042e8f653fe5a3bb9d24e39962a47896449bd6a.jpg

Uninspiring? Yeap it really copy Guardian of the Galaxy art.
Bad? I don't think so.

It has better design than most hero shooters in the market 🤷‍♂️

Edit - Just watched the video in the PS.Blog... the Destiny's gunplay vibe is up to heavens.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

They need to fire all of Firewalks concept artists & whoever created majority of those “heroes”.

Really look at the heroes in these games, it’s embarrassingly bad. Crazy because there ex Destiny dev you would think they would have heroic & iconic badass character design. Cayde, Zavala, Xur are amazing character designs in Destiny what went wrong? SBI infected? Ig go woke or go broke because it’s looking like this game will be a massive bomb.

Sony acquired the studio & the game took 5 years so this is minimal 200-300+ million dollars already invested into concord & firewalk. They should really have firewalk making a new Killzone or Killzone base multiplayer or another sci-fi multiplayer like Warhawk but who knows in will be interesting to see what happens to concord & firewalk.

In comparison to what? Cayde, Zavala and xur all have pretty generic body’s only their faces are different and Zavala and cayde look like every other titan or hunter. They all have the same proto typical human body type. Creating a diverse universe and different type of creatures from different cultures u gotta create things that look exotic.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
In comparison to what? Cayde, Zavala and xur all have pretty generic body’s only their faces are different and Zavala and cayde look like every other titan or hunter. They all have the same proto typical human body type. Creating a diverse universe and different type of creatures from different cultures u gotta create things that look exotic.

I would expect a lot more from ex destiny devs. Destiny character design is top tier. Concord hero design ehh idk majority of the characters have questionable design/look

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The thing I dislike the most when it comes to presentation of the game is the colour palette.
Wym, the rainbow esthetic? I think it looks cool makes sense since it’s heavily galaxy theme.

The color palette of there twitter pfp/handle is ugly like a dirty muddy green is just not a good color for the game. It should’ve been black or have a base black & a hint of the rainbow esthetic imo. Hell even the orange & red would be a better color palette then the mud green & white

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

I would expect a lot more from ex destiny devs. Destiny character design is top tier. Concord hero design ehh idk majority of the characters have questionable design/look

It’s not like they have Bungie’s art team which is aside from fromsoft is one of the best in the business. A bit unfair.

I expect hero shooters to look like this at this point. Environment design doesn’t look too bad.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Wym the rainbow esthetic? I think it looks cool makes sense since it’s heavily galaxy theme.

The color palette of there twitter pfp/handle is ugly like a dirty muddy green is just not a good color for the game. It should’ve been black or have a base black & a hint of the rainbow esthetic imo.

It's fine to be a super colourful, it's what is done in a shitload of GaaS games.
But when you've got that many off-beat colours as well as mixing some pastel colours with more dirty/muddy colours it provokes a real negative visceral reaction in me. The lady everyone links is a possibly(?) the strongest offender but there's others as well.

This is the full screen of the character in the OP
I think anyone can see why I might dislike the colour of the character select wheel.

There's a world where this becomes less of an issue, it may have a bunch of available recolours for the characters like in fighting games, but it's still extremely unpleasant to my eyeballs.

Reactions: Neversummer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It looks meh but this industry has way to many unfashionable people doing costume design. hire fashionable people please, most of these dudes don't know drip whatsoever... shoutout to square enix for understanding this assignment

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
So bad, it's the opposite of something like original TF2 where each class would stand out and be easily recognizable.

If I worked on this game, I would come out and say it was AI generated to try and save face, it's embarrassing.

As far as representation goes seems like we are going backwards, in the past we had plenty of "representation" and pretty much everybody was fine with it. Now they show up with garbage games and try to hide behind DEI.

Last edited: