Concord hero design is just god awful!

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Well, it's not good. There's nothing there that makes me interested or curious.

It just seems bland and derivative

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The concrning thing about this game is there wasnt any checks and balances at Playstation to say that the characters look terrible. Like, imagine the type of work climate and culture where those characters are put up on the screen and nobody had the sense, or felt like they couldnt speak an honest opinion, to say this isnt going to be a big hit. This has flop written all over it and quite frankly it SHOULD.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
At least Sega had the decency of not releasing it.
Yuh 😂😂 Sony to deep into concord. They bought the studio which is easily 100+ million & covering a studio w near 100-200 developers is another 100+ million.

Hopefully Sony gets it & green light SOCOM, PS allstars or even a fun Ratchet & Clank/Uncharted multiplayer.

TBH at this point PS should be focusing more live service across PS console & Mobile like Nintendo. They should be making anime gatcha style games either new ip or existing like Demon Slayer/Fate etc.

Instead of putting more money into naughty dog so ND had enough developers to support TLOU online or continue Twisted Metal but nah instead Sony likely spend 200+ million on firewalk & concord which is looking to bomb but hey surprise me if it’s a surprise hit

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
He’s very much supposed to be Drax lol but why did they have to give him such a big head it’s comical
Reminds me of Rampardos 🤣🤣

409.png

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
1280px-Team_Fortress_2_Group_Photo.jpg

team_fortress_by_travolall.jpg

I doesn't get much better than this when it comes to design.

In Concord they all look stupid, they don't go along together, nobody seems interesting or has any personality.
How do you add pictures? Are you on icon era using pc or mobile?

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tbh did this need its own thread? Literally everyone spoke about this in the other thread

Reactions: Danja

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
In OP's pictures, the astronaut (top row - middle) looks pretty good.
In the bottom row (toward the end) the Robot reminds me of the Spy from Team Fortress 2.

But yea.. the rest look very.. uh, I don't know.
Like Pixar third-tier NPCs?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It’s how do you do fellow kids levels of cringe.
Everything marvel adjacent is outdated as all hell IMO. You can tell this initially incubated during the peak of that styles relevancy.

That said, if the gameplay is good, none of that matters so much. I really want to see the media industry at large move away from they marvel esque design and writing, it’s corny.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Character in blue is likely to die of a heart attack before the first round is over.

Imagine a distant future where humanity started space exploration, comes into contact with aliens from other galaxies, uses interstellar flying vehicles with gravity engines, energy weapons, teleportation and sentient robots.

But they never invented Ozempic for weight loss.

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m starting be swayed into the camp where maybe the character design could indeed tank the game.

Major yikes

I’ll shit on it accordingly or not later this afternoon.