Concord hero design is just god awful!

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Character in blue is likely to die of a heart attack before the first round is over.
Its really feels like a DEI'ed game

The two top character look ambiguous , not clear to me if theyre male or female

The mushroom like character from bottom right look like female to me but the pronouns is written as undecided

And theres a big robot character that look like giant trashcan but the robot have pronouns as he/his

Funny game

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well, all these service PvP hero shooters are legit starting to look the same from one game to the next. To say they’re playing it safe or looks bland is just putting it nicely.

As a hater of hero anything … if you’re worried about representation just let players make their own avatars. Problem solved. Everyone happy and … gasp… more representation of players … since they could try to make themselves.

I hate em. Hero shooters blow. And honestly… you think they’re not knowingly inviting this drama too? Fat girl in a bucket suit def accomplished that.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Its feels like a really DEI'ed game

The mushroom like character from bottom right look like female to me but the gender is written as undecided

And theres a big robot character that look like giant trashcan but the robot have pronouns as he/his

Funny game
I just don't get those female character designs.

No word of a lie; those characters' designs look not only ugly but unhealthy. Are they meant to represent someone in real life who wants to play as a huge fat person with Diabetes 1 as a perk?

I have never really cared about the way characters look in games, but if I were large and fat in real life, why on earth would I want to emulate that in a game?

Each to their own I quess.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It's fine to be a super colourful, it's what is done in a shitload of GaaS games.
But when you've got that many off-beat colours as well as mixing some pastel colours with more dirty/muddy colours it provokes a real negative visceral reaction in me. The lady everyone links is a possibly(?) the strongest offender but there's others as well.

This is the full screen of the character in the OP
I think anyone can see why I might dislike the colour of the character select wheel.

There's a world where this becomes less of an issue, it may have a bunch of available recolours for the characters like in fighting games, but it's still extremely unpleasant to my eyeballs.
Agree. I can see yellow giving yuck vibes. They should’ve gone with a blue/baby blue color. Blue gives vibes of the ocean, life, technology etc while green (in this case muddy green) gives negative vibes like dirty, bland or off putting.

It’s kinda telling that they went for the same muddy green color for there twitter pfp which is just questionable from a design perspective. Overwatch color are black, white & orange. Valorant is hot pink. Apex is white & red all of these are very distinct vibrant colors that express the game of it’s multiple character base heroes w personality.

I genuinely question what Herman & Jim saw when acquiring them. I get it there’s talent from ex Bungie but damn that game does not screen this is special or even at the very least this is a great ip w characters design that are epic. I can see Apex, Valorant, R6 Siege & Overwatch characters & know there’s something special in these sets of characters but that’s just me. We really getting Concord before a SOCOM, PS Allstars 2 or Warhawk.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Its really feels like a DEI'ed game

The mushroom like character from bottom right look like female to me but the pronouns is written as undecided

Funny game
Concord looks like that Sega game Hyenas similar character design tbh

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So bad, it's the opposite of something like original TF2 where each class would stand out and be easily recognizable.

If I worked on this game, I would come out and say it was AI generated to try and save face, it's embarrassing.

As far as representation goes seems like we are going backwards, in the past we had plenty of "representation" and pretty much everybody was fine with it. Now they show up with garbage games and try to hide behind DEI.
Can you remember how, many characters did the original TF2 have?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Can you remember how, many characters did the original TF2 have?
Yes, all of them, I remember their names, how they look and what they did and I havent played since they started focusing on hats/drops and ruined a great game.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yes, all of them, I remember their names, how they look and what they did and I havent played since they started focusing on hats/drops and ruined a great game.
No, as I mean in their numbers. I remember playing the game once. Was there a heavy gunner? A scout? A spy?

Just trying to get a grasp for how many different classes there were.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No, as I mean in their numbers. I remember playing the game once. Was there a heavy gunner? A scout? A spy?

Just trying to get a grasp for how many different classes there were.

1280px-Team_Fortress_2_Group_Photo.jpg

team_fortress_by_travolall.jpg

I doesn't get much better than this when it comes to design.

In Concord they all look stupid, they don't go along together, nobody seems interesting or has any personality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Hey atleast we may get $200 million dollar memes just like we got with morbius, but the best thing they can do to save this would be to fire the character designers and hire people who do designs for genshin or at least copy overwatch and have similar designs to hanzo/mercy/widowmaker