Concord Registers Only 1100 players during first Day of Closed Beta (Steam) | 2210 Players at Open Beta

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Concord-Underwhelming-Open-Beta.jpg

• Concord’s beta was released today but failed to generate any buzz in the industry.
  • On Steam, it had just over 1000 concurrent players.
  • Over on social media, reactions range from negative to middling, with most people not being too impressed.
On Steam, the game has peaked at less than 1000 concurrent players. PlayStation players need a PS Plus subscription to play the beta, but accessing the beta on PC requires pre-ordering.

Nonetheless, the current beta does not seem to be doing too well. Only 372 users are currently playing this game, which is disappointing even for Concord. The beta was released 14 hours ago, and the all-time peak sits at a mere 1124 players.

via Tech4Gamers

• On Open Beta launch day, Concord peaked at 2,388 players on Steam. This is separate from the closed beta which occurred a week ago, where you had to actually have the game pre-ordered on Steam to play which peaked at about a third of that. This beta is for anyone. Say that even triples as the weekend progresses, and that’s still under 10,000 concurrent players

steam3

Concord

Steamdb

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Is this an open beta, or is it closed invites? Those numbers are Dire.

I find those numbers strange, as a lot of the streams I watched had very fast lobbies full of people.

Is there any chance we can see what the numbers were like on PlayStation?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You love to see it 😂😂😂😂 my weekend is much better knowing this game was doa 🤣🤣 Dead on arrival, not Dead or Alive. But hopefully they can learn a thing or two about character design from Dead or Alive, maybe the game would've lasted more than 5 minutes🤣🤣🤣🤣

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

yikes, Firewalk is getting closed
😂😂😂 One of the worst acquisitions in video game history 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Grumzz on Twitter highlighted that the game couldn’t create any buzz. You can hardly see anyone talking about it on social media, and most reactions are far from positive.

Grumzz? What kind of fucking source is that? 😂

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

I find those numbers strange, as a lot of the streams I watched had very fast lobbies full of people.

Closed.

Secondly I find it fascinating when Steam numbers are used to measure a games success.

Have they forgot Playstation and the game being accessible to all PS Plus subscribers.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

I've NEVER seen anyone judge the numbers of any closed beta (especially not one that requires a pre-order). This is an absolute first.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The gameplay is good, but the overall package may not be appealing enough and feel dated.

I’d love for Firewalk to try something more mature with the same core gameplay.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I've NEVER seen anyone judge the numbers of any closed beta (especially not one that requires a pre-order). This is an absolute first.

Well in this case it does. Another thread created

Such is the desperation from the usual suspects.

Like Sony gives a shit what they think.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Don't listen to these other guys, this is NOT a closed beta. On PS5 its open to ALL who have PS+. On PC, you need to either preorder it or get a code from a friend that preordered it. Not to mention they're giving non stop free codes away on social media. So these numbers are actually 8x what they should be and they're still pitiful!!! 🤣

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Don't listen to these other guys, this is NOT a closed beta. On PS5 its open to ALL who have PS+. On PC, you need to either preorder it or get a code from a friend that preordered it. Not to mention they're giving non stop free codes away on social media. So these numbers are actually 8x what they should be and they're still pitiful!!! 🤣

Where’s the PS numbers playing it? It is open on PS.

Opens on Steam on Thursday next week.

A bit ridiculous to use Steam numbers then say it is open to PS plus members.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Where’s the PS numbers playing it? It is open on PS.

Opens on Steam on Thursday next week.

A bit ridiculous to use Steam numbers then say it is open to PS plus members.
Who cares what the PS numbers are when we know they're obviously horrible? 🤣🤣 You think they opened the beta up to everyone with PS+ out of the kindness of their hearts? 😂😂😂😂 cmon bruh, think harder.
Limited clocked beta only to these that preordered the game.
Nope! Open to all with PS+

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Don't listen to these other guys, this is NOT a closed beta. On PS5 it’s open to ALL who have PS+. On PC, you need to either preorder it or get a code from a friend that preordered it. Not to mention they're giving non stop free codes away on social media. So these numbers are actually 8x what they should be and they're still pitiful!!! 🤣
Only PS5 beta codes was given on social media.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is sorta disingenuous.

While representative of those interested enough to pre-order a debut game from an unknown studio — the purpose of this beta is to generate buzz for release.

Concord hasn’t released yet. Sorry. Not ruling out it won’t flop but this isn’t it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
You love to see it 😂😂😂😂 my weekend is much better knowing this game was doa 🤣🤣 Dead on arrival, not Dead or Alive. But hopefully they can learn a thing or two about character design from Dead or Alive, maybe the game would've lasted more than 5 minutes🤣🤣🤣🤣

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

😂😂😂 One of the worst acquisitions in video game history 🤣🤣🤣🤣
oh don’t worry, the corporate bootlicker is coming with a bible size text that no one will have patience to read with HIS view about how this is amazing for Sony

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Who cares what the PS numbers are when we know they're obviously horrible? 🤣🤣 You think they opened the beta up to everyone with PS+ out of the kindness of their hearts? 😂😂😂😂 cmon bruh, think harder.

Nope! Open to all with PS+

Yet you show Steam numbers.

Show the numbers for PS users playing it where it is open.