Concord was in development for 8 years

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Today @FirewalkStudios launched @PlayConcord! The game has been in development for around 8 years and I’ve been there for almost 5 of them. We don’t get a lot of Launch Days in our careers so today is special for a ton of reasons. Oblige me some good vibes today.

we’re strapped in and ready to push it for years to come.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can see it in how they look at the details in Beta.
The game didn't feel like a typical Beta at all... maybe because most companies today uses Beta as QA that was not Concord case.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Hope it works out for them but I doubt it. Having a GaaS being worked on for 8 years is not sustainable. Major risk and most likely to flop, compared to a SP experience that will probably earn Sony more.
I am optimistic for them. When they are strapped in for years to come, I feel like they will look at feedback and give out plenty of content. They knew they were entering a market dominated by the same 3 or 4 players.

Reactions: Bryank75

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They can still fix this because underneath all the garbage there is a decent game here -

1. Attract the gooners/coomers, throw them a bone these people spend the most in games, You want to have these people in your corner if you want high revenues.
2. Lower the TTK and make movement faster to at least attract some of shooter crowd.
3. Don't antagonize your male gamer consumer base by insulting them (they hate being lectured to the most) and especially stop posting your world views on twitter the normies dont give 2 shits about palestine, ukraine etc etc.
4. Stop hiring your community managers from the reddit mod/ journalist talent pool
5. Make cool skins and a ranked mode where getting good actually has great rewards
6. And lastly fucking have better hiring standards at the director and team lead level roles

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That is what majority of the shooter crowd wants, You make products to cater to the consumers otherwise you land up on 258 on the sales rankings
So ruin the game?? They made their own product and they sticking with it..

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
They can still fix this because underneath all the garbage there is a decent game here -

1. Attract the gooners/coomers, throw them a bone these people spend the most in games, You want to have these people in your corner if you want high revenues.
2. Lower the TTK and make movement faster to at least attract some of shooter crowd.
3. Don't antagonize your male gamer consumer base by insulting them (they hate being lectured to the most) and especially stop posting your world views on twitter the normies dont give 2 shits about palestine, ukraine etc etc.
4. Stop hiring your community managers from the reddit mod/ journalist talent pool
5. Make cool skins and a ranked mode where getting good actually has great rewards
6. And lastly fucking have better hiring standards at the director and team lead level roles
They don't seem to care if it flops, so none of those things will happen.

The grind fest F2P game with invasive microtransactions 'The First Descendant' is still surviving on Steam because of the character design and no DEI. Smart studio that knows how to make money in today's gooner world.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This is so sad. It will go down in history as one of the biggest flops for PS Studios and a laughingstock for years to come. I feel for these devs 😪

Who is to blame? I'm not sure. The game is good but it's not resonating with the public.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I love longer TTK games. Never got a chance to play the beta. Gonna look up impressions and if it's good, I'm in.

• Shake
Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is so sad. It will go down in history as one of the biggest flops for PS Studios and a laughingstock for years to come. I feel for these devs 😪

Who is to blame? I'm not sure. The game is good but it's not resonating with the public.
Ultimately the fault lies with Sony and FireWalk... Absolutely terrible debut and they went about making a first impression the worst way. The marketing at first was honestly the worst I've ever seen for a PS game.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Longer ttks will encourage teamshot meta. Enjoy it while it lasts since longer ttks are usually left behind real quick once the hardcore player turns up. It’s sorta just nature at work.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It shows. No PvP game has ever launched with such quality and attention to detail. All I ask is that Firewalk sticks around for another game after this, they are immensely talented and it's easy to see why Sony bought them.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ultimately the fault lies with Sony and FireWalk... Absolutely terrible debut and they went about making a first impression the worst way. The marketing at first was honestly the worst I've ever seen for a PS game.
The first impression was so bad, people don't even want to try it 5 minutes for free. They just post memes and laugh at the binary robot.