Concord was in development for 8 years

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
2. Lower the TTK and make movement faster to at least attract some of shooter crowd.
I mean if you understand how the game works then you have way lower TTK and way faster movements already.

I love longer TTK games. Never got a chance to play the beta. Gonna look up impressions and if it's good, I'm in.
It is longer and it isn't because it is not fixed.
Crew bonus affect a lot TTK and moviment.

So with the right crew bonus you can reach movements faster than in others Hero Shooters and the TTK way lower too.
Even for the most slower characters.

That makes all characters viable in a match no matter the type of it.

Longer ttks will encourage teamshot meta. Enjoy it while it lasts since longer ttks are usually left behind real quick once the hardcore player turns up. It’s sorta just nature at work.
Except it is can be very low TTK...

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I mean if you understand how the game works then you have way lower TTK and way faster movements already.

It is longer and it isn't because it is not fixed.
Crew bonus affect a lot TTK and moviment.
The crew system in all honesty is a useless mechanic, majority of players have their 1 or 2 favorites and stick to them. They made this game needlessly complicated

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The crew system in all honesty is a useless mechanic, majority of players have their 1 or 2 favorites and stick to them. They made this game needlessly complicated
IMO it is awesome... add strategy to the match.
Something you don't see in most hero shooters.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
IMO it is awesome... add strategy to the match.
Something you don't see in most hero shooters.
We finally agree on something!

It's also great because it acts as a comeback mechanic. If your team gets wiped to start the match, all five players can come back with upgrades that the other team doesn't have. @quest4441 doesn't realize how limiting sticking with 1 or 2 heroes actually is in this game.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We finally agree on something!

It's also great because it acts as a comeback mechanic. If your team gets wiped to start the match, all five players can come back with upgrades that the other team doesn't have. @quest4441 doesn't realize how limiting sticking with 1 or 2 heroes actually is in this game.
Yeap... I really reported in the beta thread a comeback from 10-112 to 125-121.
It was awesome.

More you is killed more stronger you are... same for the enemy team.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
@quest4441 doesn't realize how limiting sticking with 1 or 2 heroes actually is in this game.
Oh I realize that but I didnt want to play with the fat blueberry or the other weirdos in the beta. Only stuck to teo and that sniper chick, passive stacking is stupid in shooters imo

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Oh I realize that but I didnt want to play with the fat blueberry or the other weirdos in the beta. Only stuck to teo and that sniper chick, passive stacking is stupid in shooters imo
The characters don't even have the depth to really main them. They're too simple to play. It works better this way, trust me.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The characters don't even have the depth to really main them. They're too simple to play
Hmm have to agree with you on that, the heroes also have only 2 skills and there is no ultimate. This where marvel rivals trumps concord even if the gunplay is worse, they have kick ass abilities that look cool on screen and more depth

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hope it works out for them but I doubt it. Having a GaaS being worked on for 8 years is not sustainable. Major risk and most likely to flop, compared to a SP experience that will probably earn Sony more.
Concord is one of PS biggest bomb. The only other bomb I can think of is that David jaffe PS3 game but that game budget was extremely small.

Concord budget has to exceed 200+ million with a development timeline of 8 years. Firewalk is located in Washington same place where Bungie is located, that is not a cheap studio to maintain.

Sony/PS had so much faith on Concord that they green lighted a tv series even before they received feedback from the beta. All of this was invested without even seeing just how well the game will do which is insane because this was a major gamble that was extremely risky. Nothing about concord tell me that the game is cool from character design to character personality & game universe/art style nothing really stands out even the gameplay itself is really slow & has a long TTK which people in the pvp space tend to dislike.

Sony should support concord for 6 month & have a skeleton crew so that they can support it for 1 year. There’s no future for concord. It’s a flop on PC & even on console the playerbase is small there’s just no room to support a small live service especially from 1 where the studio is located in a expensive area + the game having a high budget due to its art style. Put firewalk on Killzone & create a mature & dark singleplayer & multiplayer live service similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2 because fundamentally Concord gameplay feels good outside the balance, you can definitely see the studio has talent creating a great feeling FPS with most people saying it feels like Destiny it’s just concord isn’t it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Concord is one of PS biggest bomb. The only other bomb I can think of is that David jaffe PS3 game but that game budget was extremely small.

Concord budget has to exceed 200+ million with a development timeline of 8 years. Firewalk is located in Washington same place where Bungie is located, that is not a cheap studio to maintain.

Sony/PS had so much faith on Concord that they green lighted a tv series even before they received feedback from the beta. All of this was invested without even seeing just how well the game will do which is insane because this was a major gamble that was extremely risky. Nothing about concord tell me that the game is cool from character design to character personality & game universe/art style nothing really stands out even the gameplay itself is really slow & has a long TTK which people in the pvp space tend to dislike.

Sony should support concord for 6 month & have a skeleton crew so that they can support it for 1 year. There’s no future for concord. It’s a flop on PC & even on console the playerbase is small there’s just no room to support a small live service especially from 1 where the studio is located in a expensive area + the game having a high budget due to its art style. Put firewalk on Killzone & create a mature & dark singleplayer & multiplayer live service similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2 because fundamentally Concord gameplay feels good outside the balance, you can definitely see the studio has talent creating a great feeling FPS with most people saying it feels like Destiny it’s just concord isn’t it.
I really doubt it costed $200m with 150 employees…

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This is so sad. It will go down in history as one of the biggest flops for PS Studios and a laughingstock for years to come. I feel for these devs 😪

Who is to blame? I'm not sure. The game is good but it's not resonating with the public.
Ngl I’d kill myself if I spended 5 years on a game that was easy to tell it would flop just by the character design. I genuinely don’t understand who thought those characters would compete with Overwatch not to mention Apex & Valorant release so they should’ve notice there character design would not hold up against other & would be made fun of.

Like that fat dude wearing the blue coat who has a huge fupa & an ugly ass hair style. Or the girl in the armor where the face is showing & she has purple lipstick, I just don’t understand how a dev team who created Destiny 1, Destiny 1 Taken king & Destiny 2 could co sign these designs. You have amazing character design in Destiny like Xur, Xavala, Crota etc then you have concord characters which are like a bootleg marvel even then there bootleg marvel characters are just straight up there aren’t even like DC sidekick or even characters from The boys.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The character designer single handedly ruined this games chance of success
I have to agree here and for that reason, I actually think the framework of the game is salvageable....

They could have a free to play relaunch ina year or so and introduce a load of new characters to appeal to more traditional tastes...

It would give a new spin and an excuse to people to jump in since they wouldn't have to commit to spending money to try it out.

• brain

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hmm have to agree with you on that, the heroes also have only 2 skills and there is no ultimate. This where marvel rivals trumps concord even if the gunplay is worse, they have kick ass abilities that look cool on screen and more depth
Making a hero shooter with no ultimate is an insane & grave mistake. Again, who co sign this. Ultimate are standards for hero shooter & one of the only thing that are exciting to get to dramatically change the playing feel making the game both exciting to play & watch. Concord doesn’t have this which makes the gameplay to watch & play extremely grounded.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I have to agree here and for that reason, I actually think the framework of the game is salvageable....

They could have a free to play relaunch ina year or so and introduce a load of new characters to appeal to more traditional tastes...

It would give a new spin and an excuse to people to jump in since they wouldn't have to commit to spending money to try it out.
The thing is do they have the honesty to admit what went wrong. I doubt it

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The thing is do they have the honesty to admit what went wrong. I doubt it
That's why you need some brutal oversight.

I think Shu would be able to articulate the issues without alienating the team.

Not sure if Hermen and Co will be able but I'm hopeful.

Of course the easiest thing for a company to do is just shut the team down and put the best members to work at their other teams... So that is the worry for them.

Last edited:
  • brain

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Too late for free to play. The game been written off by the casual. They would have to dramatically change the hero design where it would be unrecognizable to the original vision it would take a minimum of 2 years & even then nothing has shown that the devs would listen or bend the knee (even thoe they should) ig from a character design the concept artist for hero can make “cooler” heroes like the typical almost naked w the spandex swim suit hero or the bad ass macho heavily muscled man character with maybe.

This game should’ve been reveal to be F2P & monetize through skins/item shop & battlepass. Just look at Marvel rival it’s a literal overwatch clone but because it’s marvel & free to play & only monetizing cosmetic that game will have a playerbase & likely succeed w a great monetization plan. It also has a art style that is significantly cheaper to develop for

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
There’s also no really main mode. Not to mention no rank mode which is baffling. If you wanted to atleast attract streamers & people to the esports scene they completely through that opportunity out day 1. Maybe if it had rank & rank rewards someone would buy the game as a simple game to play because they enjoy rank.