Confirmed: Deviation Games ("new" studio from former Treyarch devs and former Sony partner) has been officially closed without shipping a game

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Last edited:
  • sad
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Such a shame initially I was most excited to see what they would do.

I dunno what went wrong but I simply blame Hermen Hulst because I want to and can 🤨
I remember they were hit with the 90 layoffs but damn closed completely? Thts crazy without shipping a game.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Weren't they rumored to be working on a Sony game that Sony cancelled/ceased supporting? Having the publisher walk away is definitely one way to kill a new team.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sony has gotten on stage and bragged about both Factions 2 and Deviations project, and both were cancelled 🤦‍♂️ These dudes need to STFU and work and speak when something is actually ready to show.

Who remembers when PlayStation used to be a well run business? 🙋‍♂️ This is embarrassing and would never happen under Shuhei's watch.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Well, yes?

The co-founders had a falling apart and Sony withdrew funding. The studio dissolved.

There has been countless articles about this already. What part is new?

That things imploded without shipping a game? That was evident last year.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Here's what the expert recently replied to a comment about the deviation game reportedly being cancelled:

Rumored to be cancelled, something later was debunked by the CEO as happened with other games when he said the 12 were (back then) under development.

Some people was fired and pretty likely was delayed, which sounds like they had to made major changes, possibly a reboot of an important part of the game. Some people assumed it was cancelled but doesn't seem the case.

Another success by Jimbo and Hermie!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well, yes?

The co-founders had a falling apart and Sony withdrew funding. The studio dissolved.

What are you referring to? The news of it closing just happened. The past articles had to do with layoffs, not complete closure. That linked post was literally put up 11 minutes from me making the thread with the closure announcement as of today, not yesterday, weeks ago or months ago, it just now confirmed closure.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sony has gotten on stage and bragged about both Factions 2 and Deviations project, and both were cancelled 🤦‍♂️ These dudes need to STFU and work and speak when something is actually ready to show.

Who remembers when PlayStation used to be a well run business? 🙋‍♂️ This is embarrassing and would never happen under Shuhei's watch.
Yoshida digging Indie Gold.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well, yes?

That things imploded without shipping a game? That was evident last year.
news were that the game was cancelled and then news were that Playstation making new game with them.

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Here's what the expert recently replied to a comment about the deviation game reportedly being cancelled:

Expert. lol

Or you could read Jason Schreier's report that revealed it was Game Over last year.

Talk about extreme milking.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
news were that the game was cancelled and then news were that Playstation making new game with them.
Also layoffs, they had laid off 90 ppl but never that it was closed down. The studio had up to 200 ppl working there.

Anyway what's factual is that the devs themselves just in the last 40 mins announced closure. There's no need to further debate that, that is facts. The person in the post who is chief HR is even trying to set up networking parties to get ppl jobs as of today.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Pathetic, we are getting more canceled games then game announcements.

PS5 Sony sucks, it is what it is.

They should just get it done at this point and announce they are following Xbox footsteps and giving up.