CONFIRMED: Guerrilla are the ones pushing PlayStation to put games on other platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
for people with no X access:
dsGj5g5.png

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
PC: started with Horizon Zero Dawn
Competing Consoles: started with Horizon Lego Adventures

Hermen Hulst: CEO Of PlayStation

don't be shocked if you end up seeing a Horizon Zero Dawn port for the Switch 2

Guerilla only one to blame? WTF i'm reading here?

Anyway, Doom thread here

@Sircaw

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yurinka and Exicide
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Guerilla only one to blame? WTF i'm reading here?

Anyway, Doom thread here

@Sircaw
i never said that, i said they're the ones pushing for it to happen internally at PlayStation, there is no dooming in my thread

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
This guy only left Nintendo in 2019, long after the push started.
and during this same period people like Hermen Hulst were promoted to top positions at Sony Interactive Entertainment, then Angie Smets took the place of Connie who took the L for Factions cancellation even tho no one internally understood what she had to do with it when the head of PlayStation Studios was Hermen Hulst

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
i never said that, i said they're the ones pushing for it to happen internally at PlayStation, there is no dooming in my thread

There is dooming. For no reason. Of course they are promoting a game that THEY DEVELOPED. Same as Xbox did for Hi Fi, Sea Of Thieves etc. on PS5

@Sircaw

Merge this shit threas with Doom thread

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
There is dooming. For no reason. Of course they are promoting a game that THEY DEVELOPED. Same as Xbox did for Hi Fi, Sea Of Thieves etc. on PS5

@Sircaw

Merge this shit threas with Doom thread
NO, @Sircaw @Bryank75 don't move this thread to the doom and gloom thread, this thread is important for not only people inside of Icon Era and outside of it like X to see why exactly games are coming to other platforms, so there is no confusion on to why.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Out of all the ports. This is one I dont care about. Its a lego game. And its probably the only way I think spreading PS in a good way, not using PS studio games.

But for everything else, its sucks and Im sure Hermen is a big part of it. I doubt he has the power to single handily choose, but pushing for it, yeah I have no doubt. Along with stupid graphs, charts and figures that doesnt include potential loss and all the issues it causes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Out of all the ports. This is one I dont care about. Its a lego game.

But for everything else, its sucks and Im sure Hermen is a big part of it. I doubt he has the power to single handily choose, but pushing for it, yeah I have no doubt. Along with stupid graphs, charts and figures that doesnt include potential loss and all the issues it causes.
you don't care yet, on Horizon Lego Adventures they've put costumes for other PlayStation IPs like Sackboy and Ratchet & Clank, this could already be a sign of what's to come if this game succeds on Nintendo Switch
LEGO-Horizonnnn.jpg

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
NO, @Sircaw @Bryank75 don't move this thread to the doom and gloom thread, this thread is important for not only people inside of Icon Era and outside of it like X to see why exactly games are coming to other platforms, so there is no confusion on to why.
If you want it on Twitter post it yourself.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
you don't care yet, on Horizon Lego Adventures they've put costumes for other PlayStation IPs like Sackboy and Ratchet & Clank, this could already be a sign of what's to come if this game succeds on Nintendo Switch
LEGO-Horizonnnn.jpg
R&C can't run on Switch 1 and probably not on Switch 2 either. Try again.

• Peachy
Reactions: Neversummer

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Has rather to do with the bigger picture, LEGO makes adaptations of big IPs like Star Wars & Harry Potter etc. We've seen the execs of HQ talking about IP & entertainment focus than their ''traditional approach'' so this goes beyond Guerilla, we are gonna see more IP go to LEGO with ports including merch/toys and movie adaptations no doubt.

I will say it is peculiar and you could raise your eyebrows that the former 2nd party of Nintendo has been pushing this since he has been employed at Guerilla. But from a franchise director point it makes sense since Nintendo is the gateway console to kids aka the new generation. You are not wrong of Sackboy or R&C potentially going there, David Jaffe has been vouching for this for awhile. Kids will ask for toys and bring their parents to movie adaptations. R&C running on Steam(deck) is nothing different than being on Switch2 if you ask me.

I have to bring it up again and again but Shawn Layden is the one that started PC ports. You can say Guerilla and Horizon specifically is being used to experiment with PC, Plus and now Switch but these commands go above or need to be greenlit by those above.

Status
Not open for further replies.