The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Oh you really believe Neogaf is pro-woke? LOL. If you're wondering, I was only banned because of the Palestine-Israel war thread, the rest mostly due to pure console wars with a massive bias towards banning Sony fans.

If anything, NeoGAF seems to be extremely against woke and won't tolerate you guys like IE, which is a good middle ground between extreme right in NeoGAF and extreme left/woke in Resetera.
Well I don't care about gaming forums really, so I won't have to worry about being tolerated over at those places lol. I only discovered this place through a friend's tweets. This discussions and mentality on this forum by some seems no different to what you are describing however. I don't understand how a certain subset of gamers find more joy in being mad about so called "woke" shit as y'all call everything these days, instead of discussing games on a games forum.

There are some things that I support in being called out and but most times it's just an endless stream of biased outrage.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
It's why I came here and needless to say I've been disappointed 😭 but hey nothings perfect.

Hey, it's actually very good to have conversations and above all speak up front instead of behind you. I personally believe that being gay is the death of the soul, because your dignity has been shattered. Death is a much better choice. It's a religious, tribal, and communal stance. It won't change and it doesn't need to be changed and it shouldn't be changed where I live far away from you.

As much as you don't like my stance/ideologies, as much as I don't like yours in this matter. That's why we are at the very opposite spots here. Do I hate you? No, managed with a lot of people from many backgrounds and ideas just fine without insulting or disrespecting them. The moment someone starts to force such stuff on me then that's another story.

GoY matter is extremely punishing to me because it's an outrageous U-turn to all what GoT stands for, the kind of U-Turn that snaps your steering wheel off. Same with TLOU1 going to TLOU2 that's why the outrage was huge.

GoT is my 3rd best game ever after GOW:R and GOW: 2018, actually it's much more relatable and meaningful as well than GOW's fantasy. GoT being sabotaged like this is just too personal at this point.

Do you see anyone making a huge outrage about Life is Strange, Volcano school or whatever, Dustburn etc? They're mostly laughing at them.

We can't really fully judge how GoY is going to be just yet, but the actress being who she is is a huge red flag, along with Sony's report of their DEI approach.

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Well I don't care about gaming forums really, so I won't have to worry about being tolerated over at those places lol. I only discovered this place through a friend's tweets. This discussions and mentality on this forum by some seems no different to what you are describing however. I don't understand how a certain subset of gamers find more joy in being mad about so called "woke" shit as y'all call everything these days, instead of discussing games on a games forum.

There are some things that I support in being called out and but most times it's just an endless stream of biased outrage.

Not expecting you to change your stance, nor I should change mine. People are tired of "woke" shit because it's being forced everywhere in the western media, which happens to affect the whole world. That's why Wukong became and insane success, not because it's the best game ever, it's only because they refused the abuse of SBI and other satanic corporates.

Reactions: J_Paganel

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
GoY matter is extremely punishing to me because it's an outrageous U-turn to all what GoT stands for, the kind of U-Turn that snaps your steering wheel off. Same with TLOU1 going to TLOU2 that's why the outrage was huge.

GoT is my 3rd best game ever after GOW:R and GOW: 2018, actually it's much more relatable and meaningful as well than GOW's fantasy. GoT being sabotaged like this is just too personal at this point.
Maybe one day you won't view it as sabotage ( it isn't ) and just enjoy the experience as the creators intended, social politics be damned.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Maybe one day you won't view it as sabotage ( it isn't ) and just enjoy the experience as the creators intended, social politics be damned.

I'm buying GoY anyway. See, most games aren't aligning with me. Actually GTA V makes me wanna vomit for example, and protagonists like in Neir and Stellar Blade make me skip the whole game unless it's extremely too good, which is mostly not the case outside Sony 1st party (at least to me).

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not expecting you to change your stance, nor I should change mine. People are tired of "woke" shit because it's being forced everywhere in the western media, which happens to affect the whole world. That's why Wukong became and insane success, not because it's the best game ever, it's only because they refused the abuse of SBI and other satanic corporates.
Well I am a pretty open minded person and I choose to approach things pragmatically. I'm not here to change anyone's POV about anything. I just think a lot of the discussions on this forum has gone to shit and it's just one extreme or the next. This thread itself is now another mirror of that, but I have no issues with it being contained to Mostly this thread anyways.

The term "woke" doesn't even mean anything anymore, it's just thrown around whenever something doesn't align with an ideology, hence this entire discourse overall, has fallen flat on its face. How does one even give these corporations constructive feedback about going to far, when the people criticizing them are also taking it too far? Lol except they are on the opposite side of the pendulum.

As for Wukong doing so well, that's not the reason why but if we wanna use that as example be my guest.

All Might

10 Jul 2024
The term "woke" doesn't even mean anything anymore, it's just thrown around whenever something doesn't align with an ideology, hence this entire discourse overall, has fallen flat on its face. How does one even give these corporations constructive feedback about going to far, when the people criticizing them are also taking it too far? Lol except they are on the opposite side of the pendulum.
very typical of a woke DEI worshipper to say. Interesting.

• they're_right_you_know

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Very interesting indeed 🤔

With a lot of anti-woke these days, if you're not 100% in agreement with what they perceive is "the enemy" then you're a DEI/LGBT-loving far-leftist Marxist.

They've basically become what most of the far-left progressives have turned into, just from the opposite side of the coin. And both sides are so desperate to either pull in "normies" from the middle or blame normies for helping their perceived enemy through being ignorant.

At some point all you can do is laugh at the brain rot and stupidity of it all. Feels great to be a born-again normie again, after being on both sides of the culture war BS and noping out once the extreme radicalization was taking over in both instances (which has in fact happened).

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
This is what creative bankruptcy looks like. As soon as one needs to work on a checklist of requirements, the vision is immediately compromised. This extends to all art forms we love.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Representation and Inclusion Standards for Best Picture eligibility aim to ensure diverse representation both on and off-screen. Films must meet at least two of four standards: on-screen representation, creative leadership, industry access, and audience development. These criteria include diversity in casting, crew, leadership roles, apprenticeships, and marketing teams. The goal is to promote inclusion across gender, race, ethnicity, LGBTQ+, and disability groups.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
With a lot of anti-woke these days, if you're not 100% in agreement with what they perceive is "the enemy" then you're a DEI/LGBT-loving far-leftist Marxist.

They've basically become what most of the far-left progressives have turned into, just from the opposite side of the coin. And both sides are so desperate to either pull in "normies" from the middle or blame normies for helping their perceived enemy through being ignorant.

At some point all you can do is laugh at the brain rot and stupidity of it all. Feels great to be a born-again normie again, after being on both sides of the culture war BS and noping out once the extreme radicalization was taking over in both instances (which has in fact happened).
Yeah pretty much. Some days on Reddit im a woke /LGBT/DEI loving fool……. on other days I’m a racist transphobic bigot 😂 the internet has truly taken nuance out of discussion and has become a cesspool of black/white opinions.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Same. I was reading GAF during the crazy SJW years and I couldn't wait for them to all leave and die so gaming could go back to normal.

It never went back to normal. The SJW left and the anti-woke are just as bad. They use the exact same tactics (dogpiling, hivemind, boycotts). Always angry, pissed off and pushing their prophet agenda (Grummz).

I don't even know who is bad anymore.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Yup! I stated in this thread I take a pragmatic approach to things as I'm pretty open minded and somehow I became a woke DEI worshipper 🤣

Like I truly do not care how people wanna live their lives, as long as they are not harming themselves or others. I dunno when since Gaming has to be under one Umbrella that was never the case. Both sides has muddied the water so much to the point devs will piss off someone now no matter what they do.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You're the idiot. It's nothing to do with having a woman in a game.
How many people complained about Lara croft, aloy, blah blah blah in games? None.

Get a new argument, moron.
That was 20 years ago, people didn't complain as much. Lara Croft today would get torn apart and called woke Nathan Drake and DEI whore.

Aloy always gets shit on so that's a bad example actually. Grummz would call her "Lesbo Of The Wild" if she came out today.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
That was 20 years ago, people didn't complain as much. Lara Croft today would get torn apart and called woke Nathan Drake and DEI whore.
Lara croft would, and did, get tore apart by the feminists and had her chesticles reduced in size and de-sexified her. Same with most female characters.

Nobody called eve or 2b woke.
I do agree that both sides are insufferable but the ones taking away sexy women are worse because women are sexy
Aloy always gets shit on so that's a bad example actually. Grummz would call her "Lesbo Of The Wild" if she came out today.
She was cute in 1. They chubbified her a bit in 2, no idea why. Her irl model is hot. It's a disservice to the models when they uglify them. That's blamed on the fat old skanks on their periods.

Memba the reeeeeing when Whisper Quiet was announced and shown off?
Feminists and politics are a pox on the gaming industry and why so many budgets and timescales are bloated beyond belief.

• they're_right_you_know

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You're the idiot. It's nothing to do with having a woman in a game.
How many people complained about Lara croft, aloy, blah blah blah in games? None.

Get a new argument, moron.
No issue with you expressing your opinion, but insults and calling people morons, idiots etc is not acceptable.

Don't do it again.