Could @ShiftUpWorld become a first party studio? @PlayStation

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Lol no. The gushing over this game is insane. I'd rather this question be posed to kojima productions.

Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Lol no. The gushing over this game is insane. I'd rather this question be posed to kojima productions.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Definitely would be a too early to call situation just one game between them doesn't really mean they should buy them outright maybe work together a couple more years then see how that shapes up.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think they might if Stellar Blade does well. The people dismissing it because they don't think they can use it to gloat or whatever are weird and care more about forum talking points than gaming.

Reactions: voke and PS_ROCKS

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
  • Heart
Reactions: Entropi

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Fan art is flooding twitter and Stellar Blade has already gathered a lot anticipation across the internet.

If the game succeeds, should PlayStation look into making the studio first party?

They are also working on something for Tencent atm and recent has a stake in them. Seems unlikely

24 Jun 2022
I think they might if Stellar Blade does well. The people dismissing it because they don't think they can use it to gloat or whatever are weird and care more about forum talking points than gaming.

Honestly, the only people trying to dismiss it are green console warriors and virtue-signaling fake progressives. Who at best make up maybe 5% of everyone paying attention to this game.

But to the OP yes, I think given the promise and reception, Shift Up would be a very good studio acquisition. Or at the very least, an even more prominent target to invest in with a strategic partnership. Which at least seems could already be the case going by mentions of the partnership weeks back.

More investments into bigger publishers like MiHoYo would be smart too, and obviously, they have a very strong strategic partnership/alliance with Kojima Productions. I'm still hoping some stuff is going on with Square-Enix (beyond FF VII projects), Capcom, Sega & Bandai-Namco (that rumor about some games being worked on with them), and From Software as well. I don't necessarily mean M&As, just things like more co-development of AAA and AA titles (traditional tho also likely a few GaaS in there inevitably; better this route than having 1P studios mastered in traditional suddenly shift to GaaS), investments, share purchases etc.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022

KojiPro is already pretty close to 1st party in my eyes. Two Death Stranding games and Kojima's magnum opus coming after that as a new action espionage game? All exclusive? That's equal to or better than Sony's official 1rd party studios.