"Presentations & updates for PlayStation’s Strategy & Business May 2024 " Beyond boundaries". |UP| Info released & updated.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
23rd is the strategy meeting for Sony corporation as a whole so the dooming is unjustified. They will talk about all their core businesses so the tagline beyond the boundaries is related to that, On 30th we will get a detailed plan for Playstation and SIE

Beyond the Boundaries: Here is how we'll make our games/films/tv shows/music all work together in unison for mega profits.

It's going to be something like that.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Beyond Boundaries clearly means PC day-and-date

these whiny plastic box tribalists don't deserve their exclusivity windows anyways, bring it on

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You guys also keep fanning that flame as well. I don't know why every Sony Group tweet for investor stuff is worthy of making new threads every single time..
You'll be ight. If you read upwards you'd see that it initially said the 30th as if it was something new. Every? There are two threads one in sticky and this one.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hopefully showcase is right after or announced at this point. Anything!

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This deafening silence from Sony can only mean bad news, isn't weird how they haven't even announced a showcase? Even xbox has one scheduled and they are leaving the hardware market.

Sony has burnt a lot of bridges with lifelong fans
Sony: Does nothing
Professional Panic Artists: Why are you burning all of your bridges?????

Reactions: kuzon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So they are not even going to do a showcase? I don't think even the most loyal fanboys can defend this
This has nothing to do with making or not a showcase, it's part of the stuff they release for investors every year to explain their results, forecast and strategy of their whole corporation.

The showcase is just a marketing video for their gaming division. Last year they had the showcase a few days before the Business Segment Meeting, where they normally include some of the top selling games they have signed as console exclusive or are potentially big seller 3rd party multiplatform games but they have a marketing deal.

Sounds like an event where they would cover big stuff like the Paramount acquisition, the PS5 Pro and maybe even that new rumored handheld.
It isn't any special event, it's something they do every year in this part of the year to detail their fiscal year results, forecast and strategy for the future for the whole Sony (not only in gaming).

These are the ones from last year:
Beyond Boundaries clearly means PC day-and-date
Yes, specially for Sony's Imaging & Sensing Solutions Segment.

Will be interesting to see if they’re still pushing hard with GaaS. I feel like they’ve changed course with that since TLOU online went belly up. Very interested to see what they’re planning
MLB, GT7, Destiny 2 and Helldivers 2 are a big success. The majority of gaming revenue in general and in PS is made on GaaS. GaaS have more players than non-GaaS games. Most of the top 25-30 grossing and played games on PS are GaaS.

So yes, obviously they'll continue pushing GaaS as planned many years ago.

TLOU online is just another cancelled game, nothing rare or GaaS specific. All game companies cancelled some of their games since forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: mibu no ookami

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Beyond boundaries?
So console is a BOUNDARY to them?
What is this shit. We, the console player and the consoles themselves is what created this company.
But now we are a burden?!

Sony keeps taking Ls... have you shitty 700mil on pc.

PC = death of single player games
lNfIZen.png

dm2p50G.png

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Beyond boundaries?
So console is a BOUNDARY to them?
What is this shit. We, the console player and the consoles themselves is what created this company.
But now we are a burden?!

Sony keeps taking Ls... have you shitty 700mil on pc.

PC = death of single player games
lNfIZen.png

dm2p50G.png
Wtf did you smoke? It's a motto for the whole corporation strategy, not their gaming division. They aren''t talking about a PS showcase, they are talking about the meetings they do every year to explain their company strategy and share udated and detailed FY results and forecasts.

And well, these are two profitable ports of old titles.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
i'm being REAL, that's something people on this site and in the PlayStation community needs to start being, PlayStation won't be able to sustain a healthy console business without exclusive games like Spiderman, God Of War, The Last Of Us and etc, and i'm talking LONG TERM, not this gen.
The console space can't sustain an Xbox and a PlayStation (and we all know who is saying bye-bye) But Sony can fuck around and find out if their next move hurt their console business.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think most understand this. I think their hope is tht when this was done previously a showcase followed within or soon after these presentations so thy are hoping it's a good sign.

Reactions: TigerFang

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I think most understand this. I think their hope is tht when this was done previously a showcase followed within or soon after these presentations so thy are hoping it's a good sign.

But that's not what they're saying at all. They're conflating this with a showcase because they don't realize what this is or that Sony isn't just SIE.

The longest Sony has gone between have a State of Play and a Showcase is 163 days.

Since Sony is saying that their big titles are going to hit in 2025/2026, we could have a state of play or we could have a big showcase.

They have to ask themselves does a showcase hit home now or later in the year though? They could do something like they did in 2020 when they did a software showcase in June and a hardware showcase in September.

They have to show the rest of this years slate. As of now they have no games even with a scheduled released date for the rest of the fiscal year, but we know that Concord and Until Dawn are due out this year. They're probably pretty light for the rest of the fiscal year. So any showcase would focus on games coming next year and later, but they've already teased Wolverine, and Venom is supposed to come before Wolverine.

Long story short, they have to balance what they show now verses what they show with PS5 Pro and what they show next year.