"Presentations & updates for PlayStation’s Strategy & Business May 2024 " Beyond boundaries". |UP| Info released & updated.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
But that's not what they're saying at all. They're conflating this with a showcase because they don't realize what this is or that Sony isn't just SIE.

The longest Sony has gone between have a State of Play and a Showcase is 163 days.

Since Sony is saying that their big titles are going to hit in 2025/2026, we could have a state of play or we could have a big showcase.

They have to ask themselves does a showcase hit home now or later in the year though? They could do something like they did in 2020 when they did a software showcase in June and a hardware showcase in September.

They have to show the rest of this years slate. As of now they have no games even with a scheduled released date for the rest of the fiscal year, but we know that Concord and Until Dawn are due out this year. They're probably pretty light for the rest of the fiscal year. So any showcase would focus on games coming next year and later, but they've already teased Wolverine, and Venom is supposed to come before Wolverine.

Long story short, they have to balance what they show now verses what they show with PS5 Pro and what they show next year.
If they want they can make a showcase:

They have Destiny 2 The Final Shape with release date. Without specific date in addition to Concord and Until Dawn remake they also have for this year Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside, plus Death Stranding 2 with a 2025. They also have Little Devil Inside, Silent Hill 2 and the other Silent Hill projects without release date.

Then they have Marathon, Fairgame$, Deviation's game (now I assume being rebooted in the secret new SIE studio from LA), Wolverine and KOTOR remake as TBA.

They also may have 2024/2025/2026 titles to be announced as could be Cory's new IP (in case it exists), Team Asobi's next game, Venom, Horizon Online, Matter and maybe something from Sumo Digital (they released Sackboy in 2020).

They could also announce more PC ports as could be TLOU2, GoWR, Demon's Souls, and show some trailer from some of their many upcoming movie and tv show adaptations in the works as could be the MGS or GoT movies.

I think they won't because they want to pump their profitability for a year and a half or so until at least when they get cash from selling their banks division in Fall 2025, but they could announce some minor acquisition as could be Arrowhead, Shift Up or some mobile studio.

Plus as always there's a ton of exciting big and small 3rd party stuff coming for 2024 and 2025, both exclusive and mainly multiplatform.

Regarding the Pro, I think they'll announce it only a handful months before release: if they announce it now it would be released maximum in September. But I think it's more likely a September announcement with a November release.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Without specific date in addition to Concord and Until Dawn remake they also have for this year Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside, plus Death Stranding 2 with a 2025. They also have Little Devil Inside, Silent Hill 2 and the other Silent Hill projects without release date.

Then they have Marathon, Fairgame$, Deviation's game (now I assume being rebooted in the secret new SIE studio from LA), Wolverine and KOTOR remake as TBA.

Remember when users here lied and claimed Sony's new strategy was to only announce games that were 6 months from completion? I remember so many people here repeating that lie.

Notice all the games your listing have been revealed years ago and none of them have any signs of releasing soon.

The reality is that Sony First party games don't have shit, that's why most of them have been silent for 4 to 5 years now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can't wait for Sony to reveal their future plans, I'm completely ready to move on if they disappoint me again. There is nothing wrong with the PS5 itself but it seems there might be a lot wrong with Sony. I gave them over 4 years to get me excited and if not for R* there would be nothing on PlayStation that I would be looking forward to (as Death Stranding 2 will obviously be on PC in no time).

If they show a lot of promising games, confirm the native portable device and get real with how terrible the PC port initiative of single player games has been I would gladly buy a PS5 Pro day one. If not fuck them, I hope they go the way of Xbox and get fucked.

I have been dooming for some time and I'm afraid I was right all along, would love to find out I was wrong.
😎

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Something tonight since part of it will be this evening.
Dude, @Jim Ryan is gone & we are never going to see PlayStation the same way as in the 2010's with the incredible PS4 Generation.
190404-joe-biden-ac-920p.jpg

Reactions: Box

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I still don't think people understand what this is and we're going to have to deal with people afterwards complaining that this was just a Sony Group corporate presentation that had little to do with PlayStation.

Of course they'll mention Playstation probably today AND tomorrow, but this is not going to be about any revelations for SIE other than general strategy for Sony.

It's to talk about the past, present, and future of sony and how they're doing on their medium to long term plans. Again, Sony Group, not Sony Interactive.

This is not a showcase, this is not a state of play, it barely has anything to do with PlayStation.. I repeat, not a gaming event.

Reactions: TigerFang

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
"PlayStation 5 is already very successful. We are quite satisfied with the results."

PlayStation Next Gen Controller: (Concept)

GOOscM7WsAAoI2x

Sony's Cruncyroll And PlayStation Network Will Be Utilised As An Engagement Platform:

GOOq70xW8AABgGy

Sony Has A Diverse Workforce With It's New Acquisitions:

GOOrFcxWkAAsHfx

PlayStation India Hero Project:

GOOqxeoWcAA98wk

PlayStation Network In Top 10 In The World Record High Operating Rate:
GOOq56SXQAA4_9Y

Sony Used Machine Learning For Voice Dialogue With PlayStation Marvel's Spider-Man 2:

GOOqzVmWYAAR-GJ

Sony Will Utilise Sony HawkEye To Capture Sports In Real Time:

GOOqsigWEAEMKEx

Sony Means Beyond Boundaries With PlayStation Productions:

GOOqpN5WcAAkD6X

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Turns out "Beyond the Boundaries" is Sony expanding its IP into TV and film productions. 🤣

It was always the plan and also baffling they started so late with it. That was also a declared shared vision when they bought Bungie. Most of the stories they tell via videogames are perfect fits for TV and cinema.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I tried to explain in others threads it was not a PlayStation showcase 🤷‍♂️

Fans just want a showcase already, i don't understand what the hold up at sony is

Why are they struggling so bad at consumer relations and fan engagement

There is no defending Sony's strategy

Do we have to review bomb their games just to get them to listen to us for once?

Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
It was always the plan and also baffling they started so late with it. That was also a declared shared vision when they bought Bungie. Most of the stories they tell via videogames are perfect fits for TV and cinema.

Yeah but some guys were so convinced about it. Just look at the first couple of pages.