Dave2D] NEW Sony PS5 "Slim" - Teardown + Thoughts and other tear down videos.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Love how modern vintage moron complains about the disc registration and lack of a die shrink, when disc registration is mandated by law in the US and a die shrink has already occurred.
Wait who is that?

Does he have anything to say about the "Adorebly all digital future"?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Love how modern vintage moron complains about the disc registration and lack of a die shrink, when disc registration is mandated by law in the US and a die shrink has already occurred.
They guy made a video criticizing the Series DRM. Nothing but facts.

Shortly after made a video trying to downplay it. "It'll be fixed" , "not that bad". Shill.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Seeing all the recent videos and pictures, the new model is not as ugly and cheap looking as when i first saw it. The design does grow on you.

Original model is still the best of course. The new model complements it.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Shortly after made a video trying to downplay it. "It'll be fixed" , "not that bad". Shill.
It's scary that someone with 700k subscribers can get away with blatant misinformation.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Funny how Modern Vintage Shill put a heart on this:

Currently you can take 2 different ps5 slims register the drives and swap them and re register the drives and it works fine.That might change with future firmware because sony hates its customers but its where we are.

Which includes a blatant lie / misunderstanding as to why you need to register the drive, but ignored this, also posted shortly after the video was posted:

There has been a die shrink already for the PS5. The original console is 7nm, while a newer revision and this one are 6nm.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Funny how Modern Vintage Shill put a heart on this:

Which includes a blatant lie / misunderstanding as to why you need to register the drive, but ignored this, also posted shortly after the video was posted:
Hmm actually it is great we can swap the disc drive at all, I don't know what happened with my disc drive but it is really noisy compared to launch. Even removed the pads.

Hope this work with the PS5 Pro.

I think Sony make this to ease the SKU manufacturing process. Instead of two console SKUs, it is now 2 part, a disc drive and console. Meaning they can control supply for both "SKUs" whenever they can. The disc drive seperately seem like an afterthought.

Still see no stock for disc drives here, when is it on sale though?

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
My biggest question is will an update change the iconography to represent the slim, replacing the OG model? You know, on things like the friends list that shows which console you’re on or even the rest mode animation.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
My biggest question is will an update change the iconography to represent the slim, replacing the OG model? You know, on things like the friends list that shows which console you’re on or even the rest mode animation.

I don’t feel Sony needs to be that specific. It’s still the same general design language. But they already changed the rest mode and power off animation. At least going by Mystic Ryan’s video. I don’t use rest mode so I don’t know if it’s available on every console yet.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
This can be done via firmware, nothing prevents Sony from having iconography representing both consoles (as in, different iconography following the same design principles).

Reactions: BroodCorp

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

He works in the industry, MS can definitely pull strings and we all know they do all the time, especially with those who have some influencer type presence.

This is sad because the guy has great retro content, he has worked on many emulators on the og xbox, etc. But he clearly is less critical of MS, he goes soft when criticizing them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty