Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1728324026-image.png

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
There's always a part of me that think that Sony would have continued to work with Quantic Dream but that they didn't want to deal with David Cage anymore.

Reactions: ksdixon

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
How come these silly choose your own adventure goosebumps games sell, Must be popular among candy crush grandmas and aunties 🤮

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

Platform revenue splits would be even more useful here; also wondering why PS4 sales aren't tracked beyond February 2022. It's not like the game suddenly stopped selling on PS4/PS5 unless SIE delisted it from PS Store around that time (which'd of been stupid)?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Platform revenue splits would be even more useful here; also wondering why PS4 sales aren't tracked beyond February 2022. It's not like the game suddenly stopped selling on PS4/PS5 unless SIE delisted it from PS Store around that time (which'd of been stupid)?

Game went on PS Plus around that time.

Probably affected sales.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The 5.4 million was via the insomniac leak hack/leak, otherwise we'd never have known that figure.
Otherwise, from 5 million onwards, every time quantic dream communicated on the game's sales it was PS4 and PC combined.

Sales ltd games feb 2022.png

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

The game was offered for free as part of PS+ collection. So yeah, sales probably didn't increase much beyond 2022.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
More than 5.4 million... that was when PS4+PC was between 6 to 8 millions.
If the ratio didn't change PS4 is around 7.5 million sold.

Gotta work on your math buddy.

One game was released 2 years later and the ratio is constantly changing as the latter reaches maturity.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Gotta work on your math buddy.

One game was released 2 years later and the ratio is constantly changing as the latter reaches maturity.

1728324026-image.png

Between 2020 and 2022 PC version sold around 1 million... PS4 sold around 1 million... and that include launch PC sales.
I maintained a 50/50 ratio for my math but that is very improbably because it have PC launch sales.
The real ratio should be PS4 selling around 3:2 with PC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
The game was offered for free as part of PS+ collection. So yeah, sales probably didn't increase much beyond 2022.

You're just using confirmation bias to support a POV you expressed in the immediate prior post:

This is what most of these posters around here don't realize about PC games. They don't all need to sell at launch. They would have called this a flop out of the gates, but it is clear that PC pushed games sales considerably down the stretch.

Even now it's selling a million copies per year on PC.

When @Evilms literally said this right above even that:

The 5.4 million was via the insomniac leak hack/leak, otherwise we'd never have known that figure.
Otherwise, from 5 million onwards, every time quantic dream communicated on the game's sales it was PS4 and PC combined.

(emphasis mine)

Meaning we don't know the splits post-2022, and the game being part of PS+ for a bit (or even prolonged; I know it was in the that 20-game collection SIE ended a while ago). So assuming all sales after that are coming from Steam is, well, not a sound take.

Reactions: Evilms and Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Meaning we don't know the splits post-2022, and the game being part of PS+ for a bit (or even prolonged; I know it was in the that 20-game collection SIE ended a while ago). So assuming all sales after that are coming from Steam is, well, not a sound take.

It is still on PS Plus extra.

Even with it on Plus, the Playstation version sold the same as PC since then.

Tells you how pathetic the PC sales have been.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This is what most of these posters around here don't realize about PC games. They don't all need to sell at launch. They would have called this a flop out of the gates, but it is clear that PC pushed games sales considerably down the stretch.

Even now it's selling a million copies per year on PC.
It sold 6 millions by the time it was on PC and PS+. This is way more than most multiplat sell and it also continued to sell alongside the PC version.

In the end the PS version must me near 8 millions. The PC version was also way cheaper so less profitable.

I know you're a big PC fan but you don't need to exaggerate.

Reactions: Diah