[DF] Upscaling Face-Off: PS5 Pro PSSR vs PC DLSS/FSR 3.1 in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Unpopular opinion, but they're all fucking dog shit.

I don't want magic and computerism fiddling with my image. Raw pixels or no pixels.
Raw pixels are the best, but what can you do if it requires expansive hardware. Unless you are good with low resolution, then good for you.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Raw pixels are the best, but what can you do if it requires expansive hardware. Unless you are good with low resolution, then good for you.
Don't require expensive hardware. 4k push has obviously been a mistake. You need an expensive TV, expensive hardware, all to play games that are more expensive with longer Dev times than before.

1080p should have been stuck with longer before the transition to 1440p. The PS6 should have been the first 4k console. It's false advertising to claim any console or most GPUs can do 4k.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
So, AI upscalers suck now? Figures.
Always have done.

Cerny's solution will be the best, hands down, without question. The man is a genius beyond his years.

Some people may slag it off because it's Sony and Playstation. I'm not. I don't like any fake solutions and, as you'll see in my posts, I prefer 1080p gaming and think we should have stuck with 1080p while pushing physics, AI (as in, what we referred to computer intelligence in the 90s) enemy on screen numbers etc.

That we can't even have destruction like BF:BC2 in every modern FPS, 20 years later is maddening.
I don't want a sharper picture, I want a more game video game.

Reactions: Bryank75

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Always have done.

Cerny's solution will be the best, hands down, without question. The man is a genius beyond his years.

Some people may slag it off because it's Sony and Playstation. I'm not. I don't like any fake solutions and, as you'll see in my posts, I prefer 1080p gaming and think we should have stuck with 1080p while pushing physics, AI (as in, what we referred to computer intelligence in the 90s) enemy on screen numbers etc.

That we can't even have destruction like BF:BC2 in every modern FPS, 20 years later is maddening.
I don't want a sharper picture, I want a more game video game.

What I don't like is that DLSS is offered in a game by game basis and one of the perks of PC gaming is upgrading and improving ALL your games... Also if there's no DLSS or ray tracing all that silicon goes to waste.

Here you have games that have no DLSS, some have FSR, some have DLSS 1 , DLSS 2, and so on and so forth ...

This was always about developers whining that baking lighting into games was time consuming.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
What I don't like is that DLSS is offered in a game by game basis and one of the perks of PC gaming is upgrading and improving ALL your games... Also if there's no DLSS or ray tracing all that silicon goes to waste.

Here you have games that have no DLSS, some have FSR, some have DLSS 1 , DLSS 2, and so on and so forth ...

This was always about developers whining that baking lighting into games was time consuming.
The whole thing is a scam. Same with RT. Sure, it looks nice, but it's not worth the time or power required to make pretty shadows. It's just an excuse to up the required hardware to play games so that Nvidia can get more rich.

Remember SLI? It worked so well that Nvidia had to pull the plug because they were costing themselves high-end sales, as people were sweeping up mid range cards and pairing them up for cheap.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

dAfb4Fv.jpeg

BWiYVAZ.jpeg

Graphics are superior on PS5 Pro not only the IQ or framerate.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and FatKaz

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
So much for the PS5 Pro GPU only being a RX6800 at best.

It's actually much closer to the 7800XT in raster performance. Add in better RT and PSSR and it's a wrap.

A 800€ PC can't match this. The GPU alone is 500€.

Reactions: Evilms

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Go here if ya’ll want to read some of the salt from PC and Xbox fanboys. 😂

One comment. “Why does pssr look so blurry it's blurry as hell. Flickering everywhere. It won't get any better”. 😂🤣

• haha
  • Cerny
Reactions: Evilms and Bo_Hazem

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Go here if ya’ll want to read some of the salt from PC and Xbox fanboys. 😂

One comment. “Why does pssr look so blurry it's blurry as hell. Flickering everywhere. It won't get any better”. 😂🤣
It's crazy to still see stupid people comparing the gpu of the PS5 Pro with the old RX 6800.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Unpopular opinion, but they're all fucking dog shit.

I don't want magic and computerism fiddling with my image. Raw pixels or no pixels.
If you mean raw pixels with some really great AA (not these shit TAA… start with combination of MSAA + SSAA and you are good) then I agree with you.

The issue with raw pixels with these heavy AA is just that… hardware enough to run it.

But if you say to me raw pixels + TAA or TXAA then I prefer DLSS like solutions.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Boswollox