DF Weekly: If Xbox Series X is more powerful, why do some PS5 games run better?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
God damn, I thought that guy knew a thing or two about making games.
He was just picking who was their biggest partner at the time and throwing shade at their biggest competitor. NVidia was also throwing a lot of shade at PlayStation at the time.

Valve has a long history of hating on Sony and they probably still very indisposed with them seen as how they don't reciprocate anything (PlayStation supports Steam but Valve doesn't support PlayStation at all not even on the VR front where they try to work together with everyone).

It's smart from Valve and NVidia to acknowledge who their direct competitor is, the same can't be said about Sony (that sees both as partners).

Reactions: Puff

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sony, like Microsoft, marketed that we will be able to play in 4K120 without any problems. Even the PlayStation 5 box says 4K120. They both lied to us that their consoles are capable of that, and that's why I will never trust Sony and Microsoft again when it comes to their consoles.
yes, it supports 4k120, that what those markings means. and we have plenty of sony games displayed in 4k and has 120hz mode.
it is all about support, as sony is not responsible how devs will make their game, it is not their call.

so they didn't lie at all.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
yes, it supports 4k120, that what those markings means. and we have plenty of sony games displayed in 4k and has 120hz mode.
it is all about support, as sony is not responsible how devs will make their game, it is not their call.

Yeap... there are games that prove that 4k120fps is supported.

What we can discuss is if the 8k support even for video (media) was really a lie or not... because today PS5 can't output anything at 8K... it is not an option even for media.
At PS5 release Sony said 8k was for future media content and it should be implemented in the system but we are 4 years in the gen and nothing was added.

Necromancer

Banned
4 Jul 2024

PS5 and Xbox Series X are too weak to run demanding games at 4K120. Sony and Microsoft are liars to me because they falsely advertise their consoles. When it comes to fps in games, I will always choose PC over consoles, which are quite weak.

Necromancer

Banned
4 Jul 2024
Yeap... there are games that prove that 4k120fps is supported.

What we can discuss is if the 8k support even for video (media) was really a lie or not... because today PS5 can't output anything at 8K... it is not an option even for media.
At PS5 release Sony said 8k was for future media content and it should be implemented in the system but we are 4 years in the gen and nothing was added.
The only one that can run games in 8K is the GeForce RTX 4090, and this clearly proves that the PS5 does not have the power to run games in 8K.

Connect, play, capture, and watch in brilliant HDR at resolutions up to 8K with the GeForce RTX 4090

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The only one that can run games in 8K is the GeForce RTX 4090, and this clearly proves that the PS5 does not have the power to run games in 8K.

Connect, play, capture, and watch in brilliant HDR at resolutions up to 8K with the GeForce RTX 4090

There is a game that run in 8k on PS5.
But the system can't output 8K yet so it is down sampled to 4k.

So I have no ideia what you are talking about "can't" if we already have examples that it can.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
PS5 and Xbox Series X are too weak to run demanding games at 4K120. Sony and Microsoft are liars to me because they falsely advertise their consoles. When it comes to fps in games, I will always choose PC over consoles, which are quite weak.
yet again, it is about support not that PS5 will run 4k120 AAA games. you combining 2 different things.

Necromancer

Banned
4 Jul 2024
There is a game that run in 8k on PS5.
But the system can't output 8K yet so it is down sampled to 4k.

So I have no ideia what you are talking about "can't" if we already have examples that it can.

PlayStation 5 does not run that game in 8K at all, but uses supersampling.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
How the hell this thread doesn't have this post?? 😁

6s8GoPr.jpeg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PS5 and Xbox will never have a great gaming experience in games like PC because they are too weak and unnecessary, i.e. I want PC to completely replace them. PC will always be a better platform than Xbox and PlayStation for video games.
Sure.... but a lot of gamers doesn't care about PC 🤷‍♂️
So PC will never replace consoles even if you want it.

Necromancer

Banned
4 Jul 2024
Sure.... but a lot of gamers doesn't care about PC 🤷‍♂️
So PC will never replace consoles even if you want it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Ok.

Nothing of that go against anything I said...

BTW excluding some games... overall consoles games generate more sales than PC.

Global-games-market-revenues-in-2023-per-segment.png.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: Draven