Digital Foundry finally admits that PlayStation 5 is better designed than Xbox Series X

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
On the surface the surface is a good product.
And then you try to use one for more than five minutes, and realize it’s complete shit.

I was influential in a major corp’s Canadian arm jettisoning Surface tablets in favour of a cheaper, better-built, more functional Dell tablet, and I couldn’t be prouder!

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I bet you really knew that i've reffereed to the APU, right?
WTF are you even trying to say?

Do APUs require a referee?

Do you know that AMD makes multiple different APUs?

Nothing about your comment was funny, or intelligent, and your follow-up was incomprehensible. Nice work!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
WTF are you even trying to say?

Do APUs require a referee?

Do you know that AMD makes multiple different APUs?

Nothing about your comment was funny, or intelligent, and your follow-up was incomprehensible. Nice work!
It is funny. Same chip vendor for APU, yet less performant console has a better results oftenly.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
The funny thing is every PC enthusiasts know that running GPU at a higher clocks always has an big advantage as long as the thermal is sustainable, better tesselation, texture filrates on top of improving rastization performance

Not to mention it is much more expensive to improve performance by adding more cores because of great deminishing return. For example the RTX 4090 needs ~100% more CUDA core to reach 20-30% more performance than RTX 4080, even though on theory RTX 4080 has half of TFLOPs of the 4090
That is why most NVIDIA and AMD tried so hard to improve clock speed besides IPC.

The fact that DF completely ignorant of this makes me this that they are either dumb or completely blindsided by their corporate overloads.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
The fact that DF are completely ignorant of this makes me think that they are either dumb or completely blindsided by their corporate overloads.
How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It is funny. Same chip vendor for APU, yet less performant console has a better results oftenly.
Oftenly?

Did you learn English from Donald Trump or something?

And like I said, any given chip maker makes multiple different chips within any category, with highly variable performance levels, so it’s just plain dumb to act like it’s amazingly funny that two different models of AMD chip perform differently.

Your take is as dumb as acting amazed that the Mustang Cobra and the F-250 have differing performance in various categories because they’re both Fords. It is a sub-kindergarten take.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Oftenly?

Did you learn English from Donald Trump or something?

And like I said, any given chip maker makes multiple different chips within any category, with highly variable performance levels, so it’s just plain dumb to act like it’s amazingly funny that two different models of AMD chip perform differently.
2 different chips, really? It is the same shared technology, just different preferences and priorities LOL

Your take is as dumb as acting amazed that the Mustang Cobra and the F-250 have differing performance in various categories because they’re both Fords. It is a sub-kindergarten take.

Bad comparison. 2 different machines and 2 different vehicle category.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
2 different chips, really? It is the same shared technology, just different preferences and priorities LOL

Bad comparison. 2 different machines and 2 different vehicle category.
Now I'm not a car guy, but a lot of models share a platform, moto, etc. or the same motor will be used across different vehicle platforms, with different gears and transmission leading to different characteristics, despite the shared aspects.

The comparison holds perfectly.

Same for AMD, even in laptop vs desktop their APUs share a lot, same CPU architecture, same GPU architecture... different cache sizes, number of cores on both CPU/GPu, different clock speeds and memory configuration will sometimes lead to very different outcomes from "the same thing". Or very similar performance from apparently different setups, but at varying levels of efficiency.

So yes, your take was ignorant and you should probably delete it out of shame l.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Now I'm not a car guy, but a lot of models share a platform, moto, etc. or the same motor will be used across different vehicle platforms, with different gears and transmission leading to different characteristics, despite the shared aspects.

Actually no. 2 different vehicles category. A heavy truck vs. a sports car. Just no. Machine for F250 is heavily modified with different transmission, much lower RPM, NM of torque, much more added weight and height, not to mention suspensions for heavy terrain where Mustang can't go.

Same for AMD, even in laptop vs desktop their APUs share a lot, same CPU architecture, same GPU architecture... different cache sizes, number of cores on both CPU/GPu, different clock speeds and memory configuration will sometimes lead to very different outcomes from "the same thing". Or very similar performance from apparently different setups, but at varying levels of efficiency.

Comparing pure desktop APUs for PC vs. budget APU for consoles. Yeah, no. Comparing console vs. console will do the trick. So, same chip vendor for a CONSOLE, yet low performant console has a oftenlly better results than a higher performant console from the SAME CHIP vendor which provided same technology for both and in the same category.

Last edited: