[Digital Foundry]Gran Turismo 7 vs Forza Motorsport - The Duel - Graphics Breakdown

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
“The most technically advanced racing game ever made” sure sounds a lot like “The most important RPG ever made” lol

Xbox can’t just be normal with their marketing PR, everything needs to be THE BEST. Most powerful console ever, most important RPG ever etc…they need to learn restraint
They need to be shown Syndrome's speech form The Incredibles until they get it.

"When everybody is special, NOBODY is special"

It applies to anything. If everything is the ultimate, nothing is.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
kcLCQAv.png
This is Madden type error territory we're looking at. LMAO!

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
@Frozone, where you at? do you agree with DF that GT is the more visually striking game?

This is about Graphics i thought you would be all over this.

You have to say his name out loud three times while looking at a hard to find bugless Starfield pic.

He will then be summoned in the thread, saying how wrong DF is and how superior Forza looks on his quantum computer and that he knows it, because he worked on 3 stones in Pixar's Cars.

/ignore

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Definitely think GT7 looks better. I just love it's materials and the lighting interaction on the paint. I like how it does proper motion blur on the wheels too instead of using texture.

Agreed! But that's usually the story with PS games, they just stand head (and sometimes shoulders) above the competition.

Still, at least in consoles, nothing surpasses HFW and Ratchet and Clank IMO. There's some that come very close, but those have the whole package.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Alpine A220
Alpine-A220-Back-Exhaust.png

Alpine-A220-Headlight.png

Chaparal 2J70
2J70Back.png

Bugatti Chiron
Chiron-Backlight.png

Chiron-Int.png

McLaren F1
Mclaren-F1-Headlight.png

Mc-Laren-F1-Backlight.png

Mc-Laren-F1-Int.png

Porsche 917K
Porsche917-KHeadlight.png

Cobra 64'
Cobra64-Back.png
Cobra64-Int.png

Ford 29'
Ford29-Headlight.png

Ford29-Headlight2.png
Ford29-Int.png

Ford29-Back.png

Ferrari 250 61'
Ferrari25061-Headlight.png

Ferrari25061-Int.png

Lexus LC500
Lexus-LC500-Int.png

Yea I don't think there is a competition here lol.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How can you mess this up? And people have the nerve compared these incompetent devs with kaz. Smh
My understanding is that they can't be arsed to have wheels spinning, so they add a texture spinning on top. It's amateur.

Reactions: SLB1904