[Digital Foundry] 'Too Big' For Steam Deck? TLOU Part 1, Hogwarts Legacy, Resident Evil 4 + More Tested!

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Plus it will be way smaller than Steam Deck.

For 2024 I hope something better happens and Nintendo can reach at least something around PS4 level with similar Switch size.

They'll do better. We know what the APUZ for it will be.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So we have nothing... and that leak was fake btw.
And the guy that leaked tried to say it was cancelled to cover faces 🤷‍♂️

No, it wasn't fake, there's literally an nvidia commit on this

That's more than likely the switch. The only thing we don't know is the degree of customisation, since it could be based on the AGX Orin or the Orin NX. My bet is that this is based on the 8-core Orin NX but downscaled to 8GB ram and with lower clocks for a lower TDP (they don't need to scale back too much).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, it wasn't fake, there's literally an nvidia commit on this

That's more than likely the switch. The only thing we don't know is the degree of customisation, since it could be based on the AGX Orin or the Orin NX. My bet is that this is based on the 8-core Orin NX but downscaled to 8GB ram and with lower clocks for a lower TDP (they don't need to scale back too much).

It won't.
Probably it was the Switch Pro not Switch sucessor but got canned by Nintendo & Nvidia.
Nobody knows what Switch sucessor will use.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It won't but I will not even discuss.

That proves fuck all since the commit is real.

Atlan was cancelled, Thor is not even out yet, Grace is an AI focused SoC. Nintendo has been working on the follow up to the Switch for years, and assuming early access to Orin, they'd have the schematics as soon as late 2018 / 2019.

I'll be here to say "I told you so".

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That proves fuck all since the commit is real.

Atlan was cancelled, Thor is not even out yet, Grace is an AI focused SoC. Nintendo has been working on the follow up to the Switch for years, and assuming early access to Orin, they'd have the schematics as soon as late 2018 / 2019.

I'll be here to say "I told you so".
Sure :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You continue the same.... I won't even bother to say "I told you so".

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cool

Edit - what do you suggest the SoC will be?
I don't know like I said before... there is nothing that actually can gas a Switch sucessor imo.
I'm waiting what nVidia show what they have in the plans.
I guess it will be in lower process than 5nm from Samsung but who knows.

IMO Switch's sucessor was not launched yet because there is no option for Nintendo... I doubt they didn't want to release it (or at least a Pro model) years before but had to accept to launch an OLED model wihtout APU upgrade.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't know like I said before... there is nothing that actually can gas a Switch sucessor imo.
I'm waiting what nVidia show what they have in the plans.
I guess it will be in lower process than 5nm from Samsung but who knows.

IMO Switch's sucessor was not launched yet because there is no option for Nintendo... I doubt they didn't want to release it (or at least a Pro model) years before but had to accept to launch an OLED model wihtout APU upgrade.

So basically you have fuck all idea yet you try and argue with basic logic, established leaks, and NVidias own roadmap.

If you think that Nintendo has no option and that nothing can power a successor...

Switch - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1
Switch 2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Orin

It's not even a contest, it's got double the cores on a more efficient node, 3x the memory bandwidth, and if you believe in tittyflops, over 3x as many tittyflops on a similar form factor (and probably resolution).

Yeah, nothing.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz