Do you still collect physical PSX games?

D

Deleted member 223

Sort of hard to buy mint sealed copies as the wrap for cd cases break easily - remember having that problem. I tried it for a while for my favorites. Sold my stuff when space just became too much of an issue for collecting overall. Should have kept some, the return would be nice today.

• brain
Reactions: teezzy and Zzero

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Nope, I'm all emulation by now, no messing around with physical media. Plus, I made good money selling my retro collection (I kept the Genesis with a couple of games, a coleco vision controller and the donkey Kong cart for it, R O.B and a ps1 mini for display only).

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Yea I think.

I wonder how much I would get if I put it on sale on overseas selling sites.

A lot of damage here and there so probably less than ideal but oh well.

I guess it depends on the games rarity overseas but usually over here in the states getting the Japanese version is cheaper than the American depending on what it is. Guess there were more games made over in Japan.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
If I'm not going to use it I don't buy it. Collecting things for the sake of a collection is weird to me. I do have physical copies of Xenogears and Chrono Cross I kept.

• Heart
Reactions: teezzy

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I guess it depends on the games rarity overseas but usually over here in the states getting the Japanese version is cheaper than the American depending on what it is. Guess there were more games made over in Japan.
Japanese people also took much better care of their cases and manuals. I have pretty nice JP N64 and GCN collections that I brought in bulk for far less than NTSC-A or PAL versions would have cost.

OP
OP
teezzy

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
If I'm not going to use it I don't buy it. Collecting things for the sake of a collection is weird to me. I do have physical copies of Xenogears and Chrono Cross I kept.

I often fall victim to the "im going to use this eventually, i better get it while i can" train of thought

Its a bad habit

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I often fall victim to the "im going to use this eventually, i better get it while i can" train of thought

Its a bad habit

I see you changed your avatar to best girl. Based teezzy strikes again.

Japanese people also took much better care of their cases and manuals. I have pretty nice JP N64 and GCN collections that I brought in bulk for far less than NTSC-A or PAL versions would have cost.

Seems I forgot about this post lol but yeah buying the Japanese version seems to be quite cheap in comparison I must say.

• Heart
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Been bustin my balls tryna remember all my tactics again lol

Also been playing with Jin and Paul to mix things up. Just dont wanna suck suck once T8 drops. I forgot so much

Yeah I haven’t played it in a while myself but I think I’d do decently enough once I get into it. I’ve always had this problem where I just lose interest in said game for a bit then move onto another game and not be good at the other games or play for too long and suck more and more as I play. Idk why but I guess my attention span might be a problem.

OP
OP
teezzy

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Yeah I haven’t played it in a while myself but I think I’d do decently enough once I get into it. I’ve always had this problem where I just lose interest in said game for a bit then move onto another game and not be good at the other games or play for too long and suck more and more as I play. Idk why but I guess my attention span might be a problem.

Probably true of any skill

Fighting games in particular can be like learning instruments. It makes sense that they require consistency

OP
OP
teezzy

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
I remember exactly why I got pissed and "took a break"

Couldn't Korean back dash for the life of me

Still wanna give it a go. Seems so hard to do on stick, idk how dudes make it look so natural

• Surprised

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Y'know @Snes nes its not so bad hopping back into ranked

Starting off 1st dan is definitely pairing me up w some scrubs. I forgot how excited this game got me when playing online haha. No wonder I fell in love
I remember exactly why I got pissed and "took a break"

Couldn't Korean back dash for the life of me

Still wanna give it a go. Seems so hard to do on stick, idk how dudes make it look so natural

I think the Korean backdash isnt too hard imo. I can do it with kuni never did it with a stick but I think I did it on a dpad. But like you’re saying I usually do have a bit of excitement and determination when I play the game at first but it does get harder to keep up with other players as you progress.

• thinking_hard

MiyazakiLovesKojima

@teezzy & @Snes nes having back to back convos about Tekken 8 was not on my bingo card this week...
jWTV4Oe.png

• Shake
  • brain
Reactions: teezzy and Snes nes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
@teezzy & @Snes nes having back to back convos about Tekken 8 was not on my bingo card this week...
jWTV4Oe.png

I’ve played the series off and on. I originally played 3 off an emulator a few years back and had fun with it but didn’t play it for too long. I’d say 7 would be the one I’ve played the most of Tbh. Just recall seeing people playing it and thought it looked fun.