Dragon’s Dogma 2 has surpassed 2.5 Million sales - cumulative sales for the Dragon's Dogma series now exceeds 10 Million units

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
2.5 for dd2 ?!
THATS CRAZY HIGH numbers for what seems like a niche game.
Well deserved. Good game

• fire
Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
According to what we heard the last few months this should be a huge flop, no?

The reactions to this and FF16 selling over 3 millions in less days is night and day.

Are journalists going to write hitpieces and hound Capcom about the sales? What a bunch of hypocrites.

More proof that it was all console wars.

You should be ashamed to even post in this thread lmao
Pretty much. 3 million sold on PS5 only is actually a crazy feat only matched by mega IP like GOW and spiderman

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about you painting ff16 as some kind of flop. While here you are calling this great. But that’s none of my business
FF16 = decline compared with previous games
Rebirth = decline compared with previous games.
DD2 = increase compared with previous games

It is very obvious.
Dumb are the people that compare numbers between smaller franchises (DD) and big franchises (FF)…

Ohhhhhh but the decline in FF and grow in DD is so drastic that now we can compre them because seems like they are in the same level of sales 🤷‍♂️

That again is a win for DD and a big lose to FF.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Increase of what? Of 15 year old game? lol
Also really stupid comparison when every ff is different than each other
You know compared to previous games lol
It was a big decline in sales.

It is not stupid it is how we always compared sales.
But now it is “not good” due biased defense control lol

Stupid should be compare games sales from different genres and niches.

Comparing sequels in the same franchise is fair and the only accurate way to see the grow or decline of a franchise.

A decline that I pointed with FFXVI and received a lot of hate and now it even more evident with Rebirth lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
According to what we heard the last few months this should be a huge flop, no?

The reactions to this and FF16 selling over 3 millions in less days is night and day.

Are journalists going to write hitpieces and hound Capcom about the sales? What a bunch of hypocrites.

More proof that it was all console wars.

You should be ashamed to even post in this thread lmao
Are you implying Dragon's Dogma 2 is now on the same level as the Final Fantasy franchise?

This game will definitely sell better and sell for years too.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
lol

Except for the NES and some SNES games and most due not having west versions… all mainline did more than 3 million at launch (some with split launches).

Remake

And 16 is the one that sold the lowest.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The defense for some frame goes beyond logic lol
I remember when Dragon's Dogma was a niche franchise and Ronin didn't need to move release dates according to some on this site lol. Suddenly it's being compared to FF now.😂

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
lol

Except for the NES and some SNES games and most due not having west versions… all mainline did more than 3 million at launch (some with split launches).

Remake

And 16 is the one that sold the lowest.
I want to see numbers and dates. U said big. Let’s see that

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I remember when Dragon's Dogma was a niche franchise and Ronin didn't need to move release dates according to some on this site lol. Suddenly it's being compared to FF now.😂
No one is comparing to ff don’t be daft. Ronin didn’t do bad because of dragons dogma at all. 2.5 mil isn’t nothing to brag about when u release in all system.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Doubt it. Already slow down
Lol you are doubting a Capcom game to sell for years? The hated RE6 is still pulling 100 - 200k every quarter.

Capcom already stated they intend to make this game their big breakout hit this year.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I want to see numbers and dates. U said big. Let’s see that
Go get the number yourself.
You said which ones sold more than 3 million and most of them did (and sold to consumers… not shipments).

Now you want others to do your job lol

You have basically no ideia how big FF was in the past.