Dragon’s Dogma 2 has surpassed 2.5 Million sales - cumulative sales for the Dragon's Dogma series now exceeds 10 Million units

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Lol you are doubting a Capcom game to sell for years? The hated RE6 is still pulling 100 - 200k every quarter.

Capcom already stated they intend to make this game their big breakout hit this year.
It won’t be. There is no change. No doubt it will be successful but let’s not go crazy

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No one is comparing to ff don’t be daft. Ronin didn’t do bad because of dragons dogma at all. 2.5 mil isn’t nothing to brag about when u release in all system.
It is still a comparison to FF sales, don't be daft. And You clearly don't know why I mentioned Ronin, so sit this one out.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Go get the number yourself.
You said which ones sold more than 3 million and most of them did (and sold to consumers… not shipments).

Now you want others to do your job lol

You have basically no ideia how big FF was in the past.
You said big decline. Don’t twist it. Big like how many ff sold 15mil copies in the past. The franchise stays around 10 might even go higher with bargain bin sales throughout the years but that’s about it

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
It is still a comparison to FF sales, don't be daft. And You clearly don't know why I mentioned Ronin, so sit this one out.
It’s not. Cause ff16 is extremely more successful than this game. It’s not even close

We are comparing the doom and gloom of the sales of ff yet only a handful of games managed to sell as much. But you know that

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
As I said FF is a bigger franchise lol. Dragon's Dogma 2 will sell more though.
We’ll see. Final fantasy is also releasing on pc also new dlc coming in April. Yeah let’s see how it pans out.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We’ll see. Final fantasy is also releasing on pc also new dlc coming in April. Yeah let’s see how it pans out.
I have no doubt Dragon's Dogma 2 will sell better than FF 16 & Rebirth. It's inevitable.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I have no doubt Dragon's Dogma 2 will sell better than FF 16 & Rebirth. It's inevitable.
According to what? It sold 2.5mil all the day one buyers already got it. The only way this game will sell more is if they heavily discount it

I’m personally waiting for that capcom 20 deal by the end of the year. Hopefully with pro. Cause there is no way I’m playing this in the state it’s in

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You said big decline. Don’t twist it. Big like how many ff sold 15mil copies in the past. The franchise stays around 10 might even go higher with bargain bin sales throughout the years but that’s about it
Big decline means units sales dropped around millions.
Let's take a single example... considered one of the worst Final Fantasy mainline in terms of sales:

FFXII launch sales
- Japan: ~1.9m
- US: ~0.9m
- EU and RotW: ???

Japan and US alone accounts for near 3 million launch sales (sales not shipment)... shipment just for these 2 places should be over 3.5 million easily... adding EU and others places they probably shipped around 4.5 million or more combining the launches.

But maybe I'm being optimistic with EU and RotW (after all most RotW played pirated games on PS2)... they could had shipped only 4 million... that is still a decline of 1 million units at launch compared with FFXVI.

You talk about 15 million but FF games never sold that much... FFVII reached 10 million without re releases release and that is all.
The average sales of FF games without any form re-release is around 7 million... some sold more others sold a bit less.

The chances to FFXVI without a PS6 re-release for example sell 7 million is zero imo.
We will be lucky if Square Enix announces 5 million in the next years because they over-shipped at launch.... while digital keep increasing the numbers they probably only did a new shipment for the holiday near 5 months after the launch.

The excuse at launch was that the game will keep selling with Square Enix giving more sales update... but we know what happened.
We know why Square Enix is not doing sales update for Rebirth too.... the trackers already showed it is selling less than FFXVI.

It is time to understand why the franchise declined in sales.
But seems like nobody is open to talk about that here.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"Growth" 🤣

There is literally 1 game 🙄

And it's a sequel. A sequel in a new franchise usually sells more than the first game in the release window. This is some basic shit.
That doesn't change it is grow in the franchise and should be praised... it means it found new players after the first game.
If a sequel sell less everybody will say and be fair harsh to the franchise.
So I don't see your point.

We saw how many posts (even here) when people believed TLOU2 had sold less than TLOU (that never happened... it is still tracking ahead the original) lol

I don't see any issue to praise a game that increase it sales compared with the original.
But here we are... with you saying it is shameful to say that lol

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
According to what? It sold 2.5mil all the day one buyers already got it. The only way this game will sell more is if they heavily discount it

I’m personally waiting for that capcom 20 deal by the end of the year. Hopefully with pro. Cause there is no way I’m playing this in the state it’s in
Did the game stop selling all of a sudden? Yes it will get price promotions like Capcom does with all their games, its getting an expansion. It's gonna sell for awhile and the sales will add up

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That doesn't change it is grow in the franchise and should be praised... it means it found new players after the first game.
If a sequel sell less everybody will say and be fair harsh to the franchise.
So I don't see your point.

We saw how many posts (even here) when people believed TLOU2 had sold less than TLOU (that never happened... it is still tracking ahead the original) lol

I don't see any issue to praise a game that increase it sales compared with the original.
But here we are... with you saying it is shameful to say that lol
Let me know how many copies Dragons Dogma 15 and 16 sells and if they can sustain that growth for 20+ years without ever selling 1 less copy or be called the flop of the forever.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
donald glover pizza GIF

Seeing DD2 being one the fastest selling Capcom franchise just below the modern RE/MH games and then looking at where the thread has gone since first page, some wild shit going on here.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
If DD3 sells less than DD2 it will be already a decline...
I told already each final fantasy is different. There isn’t a direct sequel. 16 is medival while 17 is cyberpunk and so on and so forth the franchise is not catering to the same demographic with each entry and let’s not talk about the combat system. So it’s stupid call decline when the game it’s something different and does better or worst. Still funny call decline when few even got that close lol

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
donald glover pizza GIF

Seeing DD2 being one the fastest selling Capcom franchise just below the modern RE/MH games and then looking at where the thread has gone since first page, some wild shit going on here.
You can’t preside games selling (way) better than previous one anymore.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I told already each final fantasy is different. There isn’t a direct sequel. 16 is medival while 17 is cyberpunk and so on and so forth the franchise is not catering to the same demographic with each entry and let’s not talk about the combat system. So it’s stupid call decline when the game it’s something different and does better or worst. Still funny call decline when few even got that close lol
So the decline is about the change in combat system? Or the world thematics?

I can’t say the theme made any difference to me… combat maybe while I liked it after some time it lacked depth.

The thematics were good imo… I just wished more RPG and less adventure.