Dragon's Dogma 2 | PS5 - Xbox Series S/X - PC | Graphics Comparison | Analista De Bits, IGN & Digital Foundry analysis.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's ok, but I think it would be better to achieve steady 40fps in a 120Hz container as Insomniac does, even at the cost of a slightly lower native resolution to get that couple extra fps.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
“Colt Eastwood”

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If CPU being the bottleneck is why the performance is bad and why we're seeing 4090 with DLSS still not helping with the game's performance then I am not sure how the PS5 pro will fare. Capcom gotta figure something out post launch.

Reactions: ethomaz

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If CPU being the bottleneck is why the performance is bad and why we're seeing 4090 with DLSS still not helping with the game's performance then I am not sure how the PS5 pro will fare. Capcom gotta figure something out post launch.
watched one review, 4090 manage to do 30fps without DLSS, but when it was used, it was 60-90 fps. so DLSS helps a lot.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The push for 60fps that is not going smooth.

Even on way better CPUs on PC games are having issues to reach 60fps.
And people still believes 60fps will be the norm on consoles in the future 🤷‍♂️

The moment they start to push graphics to next generation… 60fps become unstable.
UE5 is a clear example of that.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The push for 60fps that is not going smooth.

Even on way better CPUs on PC games are having issues to reach 60fps.
And people still believes 60fps will be the norm on consoles in the future 🤷‍♂️

The moment they start to push graphics to next generation… 60fps become unstable.
UE5 is a clear example of that.
how is it not going smooth? just because one game has dog shit engine and gogshit optimization, doesn't mean something isn't going.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Looks great. I really like the graphics and animations.
I am happy they didn't put everything on low to get to 60fps. I want to be wowed by graphics and this does that.

Devs should do their thing and not listen to idiots consumers who just repeat social media and tech sites crap. No. 60fps is not most important. 30 is fine and we all played at 30. Even last week, i finished rebrth at 30fps. 70 hours and I got used to 30fps in just one evening. It's fine (unless it's laggy dogshit like 30fps lock in demons souls for example on ps5)
Devs know what they are doing.... most of the time. and listening to people who repeat populist demands without basing it on their own knowledge and experience is a mistake.

you can see this in streamers chats for example. "TURN OFF MOTION BLUR! TURN OF VSYNC!" And so on. People always do this stuff. They don't know why. They've been told it's bad but each of these settings have an use. Motion blur can be awesome and really help with 30fps. Or even with making animations look smoother at higher fps. Vsync is not laggy if you run windowed or borderless or have gsync, then vsync is a different beast... but they don't know that.

We let social media idiots and people who are blind consumers dictate what devs do and we loose the industry and creativity. Everything will be the same bad.
So devs - stick to your guns. you are the ones developing your game for 5 years. not some fucking idiot telling you your 60fps mode is blurry and then you enable nearest neighbor scaling to make them happy (dear god square enix wtf)...